Gonal Girls

Hope your first scan shows your follicles growing :)

I really hope your pain eases up :hugs:

Well I went in for my first U/S to check for follicles and got some bad news. I have too many and so they canceled this cyle. :growlmad:I had about 7 mature follicles. Crazy! I did Clomid and only 1vial of Menopur for 3 days! I am really heartbroken that I will have to wait ths cycle out:cry:. Plus, I have so many that the RE said I might develop cysts and have to sit out next month as well!:dohh: all of this waiting drives me bonkers. The plan for next cycle (as long as I don't have cysts) is to do 50mg of Clomid (instead if 100) and 1/2 vial of Menopur. Back to the waiting...

Alicat, I didn't get any back pain but everyone's SE are different. I have a little pressure in my ovaries-almost like I am going to O but even that isn't noticeable unless I pay special attention.

Well I went in for my first U/S to check for follicles and got some bad news. I have too many and so they canceled this cyle. :growlmad:I had about 7 mature follicles. Crazy! I did Clomid and only 1vial of Menopur for 3 days! I am really heartbroken that I will have to wait ths cycle out:cry:. Plus, I have so many that the RE said I might develop cysts and have to sit out next month as well!:dohh: all of this waiting drives me bonkers. The plan for next cycle (as long as I don't have cysts) is to do 50mg of Clomid (instead if 100) and 1/2 vial of Menopur. Back to the waiting...

Alicat, I didn't get any back pain but everyone's SE are different. I have a little pressure in my ovaries-almost like I am going to O but even that isn't noticeable unless I pay special attention.

HMM.. Well you should talk with another lady on this same thread. She had a similar situation and they BD'd and ended up having 1 naturally after a 'cancelled' cycle. I believe she had 7 mature follies or there abouts as well. I guess your other option is to switch to IVF? Could you do that? Another option is to go ahead with the IUI and then be prepared to have to do selective reduction. That is where 1 or more of the implanted embryos are removed (if you end up with too many). There are options for you, you just have to figure out what you are comfortable with. :hug:

Alicat, yah, I've thought about ignoring the doctors orders:blush: trust me! But I wouldnt be able to do selective reduction- I think it would haunt me! Plus docs won't do an IUI with this many. We did BD last night so if I O within the next couple of days- I guess anything can happen! DH and I agreed giving injectables one more go before considering IVF...

Alicat, yah, I've thought about ignoring the doctors orders:blush: trust me! But I wouldnt be able to do selective reduction- I think it would haunt me! Plus docs won't do an IUI with this many. We did BD last night so if I O within the next couple of days- I guess anything can happen! DH and I agreed giving injectables one more go before considering IVF...

I totally understand about the selective reduction. I'm not sure I could do it either. It's important to have all of your options! Maybe your BD'ing will be enough? :hug:

Kmae - Chiles is the one that got pregnant on a cancelled cycle...with a singleton. :thumbup:. Can they possibly do follicle reduction? Where they reduce the number of mature follicles before you ovulate? If you're close to ovulating, it might be too late for that, but it could be an option. :hugs:

Kmae - Chiles is the one that got pregnant on a cancelled cycle...with a singleton. :thumbup:. Can they possibly do follicle reduction? Where they reduce the number of mature follicles before you ovulate? If you're close to ovulating, it might be too late for that, but it could be an option. :hugs:

Thanks! I read back in the thread and Chilies Bd'd a day or so before they cancelled her cycle and that did the trick! I BD'd last night so I would be overjoyed if the same happened to me- but it's probably a long shot. I asked if they could reduce the follicle size but he said that they are too large to do anything with- meaning I'm too close to ovulation I guess. such a bummer!

Alicat & Cridge, I appreciate you ensuring I know all my options! Thanks!

Yes Kmae that was me...I usually don't ovulate on my own so on a cancelled cycle I would end up with cysts.

Do you usually ovulate on your own?

When my cycle was cancelled I debated on triggering anyway I was just that fed up with ttc. but I didn't wanna risk other things going wrong( etopic, ohss, super twins) . The choice is yours, and I doubt that all 7 of those would ovulate naturally. But there is still that multiple risk. :hugs: I think with natural ovulation its a bit lower than with a trigger. I ovulated on my own for the 1st time ever. and only got one bean even out of 7 mature follies and lots of more behind those. :dust:

Yes Kmae that was me...I usually don't ovulate on my own so on a cancelled cycle I would end up with cysts.

Do you usually ovulate on your own?

When my cycle was cancelled I debated on triggering anyway I was just that fed up with ttc. but I didn't wanna risk other things going wrong( etopic, ohss, super twins) . The choice is yours, and I doubt that all 7 of those would ovulate naturally. But there is still that multiple risk. :hugs: I think with natural ovulation its a bit lower than with a trigger. I ovulated on my own for the 1st time ever. and only got one bean even out of 7 mature follies and lots of more behind those. :dust:

Thanks! I'm at my wits end as well with ttc I just couldn't risk triplets or higher- and the potential medical issues. I wish i had a crystal ball!!! If its in the cards for me then maybe my bd'ing yesterday will do the trick!

So I triggered last night around 5pm and had my first IUI for this cycle this morning around 10am. I will be doing another IUI tomorrow morning around the same time.
On Monday morning, at my last u/s appointment I had two follicles on the right that were measuring 19-20mm and 18mm. On my left there was one in the lead at 16mm. My FS figured that the two on the right would both ovulate and there was potential for the one on the left to catch up and ovulate as well, but the potential was slim. That is okay with me because the thought of triplets is quite scary!

Oh and my uterine lining was 12mm!!! That is amazing considering it is usually only around 6mm, although last cycle it made it to 9mm.

Oh and my uterine lining was 12mm!!! That is amazing considering it is usually only around 6mm, although last cycle it made it to 9mm.

Yippy, it all sounds so positive! I hope those spermies find at least one of you eggs! Keep us updated!

Awww Thanks!!!! I have not heard from you in forever!!!! Hope all is well :flower:

Your lining and follicles sound just perfect! I really hope this is your month! :hug: :dust:

Wow wow!

Looks like I missed some action on here! I am getting ready to move to another city, and my work is insane, so I don't have as much time as I'd like to catch up on my gonal girls action!

Alicatt- I did IVF and I was feeling the same as you. It's like a whirlwind - I feel it all happened so fast! In the end, it's not that bad... and hopefully the outcome will be positive, positive, positive!

Kmae - did you try to BD anyway? It might be worth a shot! :)

Llampie - Are you doing IUI after your trigger? Keep us posted :)

Oh - one more thing - I don't know if someone answered your question Alicatt, but just before and after my IVF I had a lot of lower back pain, and um... bum pain! It's due to your ovaries being enlarged (full of mature follicles) and pushing on everything else.

Wow wow!

Looks like I missed some action on here! I am getting ready to move to another city, and my work is insane, so I don't have as much time as I'd like to catch up on my gonal girls action!

Alicatt- I did IVF and I was feeling the same as you. It's like a whirlwind - I feel it all happened so fast! In the end, it's not that bad... and hopefully the outcome will be positive, positive, positive!

Kmae - did you try to BD anyway? It might be worth a shot! :)

Llampie - Are you doing IUI after your trigger? Keep us posted :)

No we didn't BD-thought we would stay in the safe side. But, I emailed my RE yesterday about it and he told me I wouldn't ovulate without the HCG shot but I could suddenly on my own. Have any of you have a cancelled cycle? Did you ovulate without the HCG shot? Now I'm wondering if I'll need Provera to bring on my next cycle. I'm typically very irregular.

Kmae- my cycle was going to be cancelled (as I had 3 mature follicles) my clinic on like a max of 2! I went for a scan a couple of days later and I ovulated two of them on my own (I don't normally ovulate)!
That was good except I had a cyst from the left over follicle so I've had to sit out and just taken provera! Fx'd that doesn't happen and things go smoothly for you :hugs:

Curliegirlie- so good to see you on here I hope you and baby are doing well? :hugs:

Llampie- all sound really good :) gl :dust:

Alicatt how was your scan??

Chiles :hugs: :hugs: hope you and your baby girl are well?

Afm- finished provera Monday evening still awaiting the :witch: grrr! Got my meds as soon as af comes cd3 scan and the injections start :happydance: hated being out this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->