Gonal Girls

I am truly excited about this cycle. Like I said I have 2 boys with one MC in between them but never really thought I had fertility problems until trying for number 3. We got pregnant with the boys and my 1st MC rather quick but this last time it took us a year to conceive the first time only to MC at 7 1/2 weeks then a year later we got pregnant again to MC again at 7 1/2 weeks. So hoping for a super sticky baby :dust: would even take 2 if I had to :winkwink: I have been reading back on some of the posts and you all seem like such lovely ladies so glad Google led me to you all!!! :yipee:

Hi Amber! Welcome! I'm not technically on Gonal F anymore (I'm doing menopur and bravelle), but they are all so similar.

So do the Dr's think that the MCs are due to the 'balanced translocation in his DNA' issue? Or do they think its something else? I ask because I know nothing about your DH's DNA issue, and I was wondering if your Dr's have mentioned other potential causes? I do know that often women have MCs due to low progesterone levels. So with this cycle make them do a 7 DPO (days past ovulation) progesterone test to see what your progesterone level looks like. I believe it should be above 15 on 7DPO. You may want to go weekly for blood work once you get pregnant again to make sure that your progesterone level increases each week. I didn't really have any side effects on Gonal F, but I was on a really low dose last month. In fact I found it way easier on my body than Clomid. Best of luck this cycle :hug: :dust:

Thanks Alicatt! Actually I have been through the works on tests. Bloodwork, HCG, Hysterosalpingogram, and a Pelvic MRI and so far on my end everything is fine other than the polycystic ovaries. And I have progesterone cream for later in the month!

Welcome Ambernov20 :flower:

I really don't have any tips on how your cycle can be successful. Only thing I can say is goodluck and wishing you the best!!!! Gonal F can be unpredicatble for us ladies with pcos. You never know how u will respond. But you will respond thats for sure. tons of :dust:

aww chiles thanks for asking. other than the horrible headaches im good. havent checked on the boogers since last weds... (was in seattle for 4 days then off all week). tomorrow... totally checking tomorrow =) still no real bump just flab =( how you?

Chiles thanks hun :hugs: yeh I'm a google addict too :haha:

Alicatt so glad that things are looking good :) I hope today's scan goes well :)

Kmae I have been the same this break! It's crazy how we get addicted to the injections I think it just makes us feel like we are doing something, it been hard sitting out for nearly 8 weeks! Try and take the time to relax :hugs:

Llampie I've heard EWCM is a good sign :) when did you do your trigger shot???

Cridge I hope that you are well and your pregnancy is going good?

Serena- I triggered on Monday this week and did IUI on tuesday and wednesday morning. I wasn't spotting anymore today and the EWCM seems to be disappearing which probably means I ovulated some time yesterday which would coincide with my trigger shot. Everything seems to be happening like it should but it did last month as well so I am trying not to keep my hopes up too high.

aww chiles thanks for asking. other than the horrible headaches im good. havent checked on the boogers since last weds... (was in seattle for 4 days then off all week). tomorrow... totally checking tomorrow =) still no real bump just flab =( how you?

I am pretty sure you will be getting a bump soon with those twins:flower:

You are so lucky to have so many scans...If I remember you work in the hospital right?
AFM: Nothing much...enjoying pregnancy but also ready to meet my little girl. I have been doing a little shopping trying not to go overboard. I hope those headaches don't bother you to much longer.

amber - pcos can cause miscarriages. are you on metformin? metformin is supposed to help with that... among other things.

Cridge No I'm not on anything for the PCOS I don't know if that's because all my labs were fine or what. My RE said I do have PCOS but am not at my "threshold" since I am not presenting any other symptoms and my blood work was good. I am on 112.5 IU of Gonal F right now and go in for a US tomorrow. She seems more concerned with my hubby's DNA than the PCOS and is just trying to get a few extra eggs to hopefully get fertilized and one be the one we need. As with his translocation we need the right sperm and right egg to get together or it will cause miscarriage.

chiles- yeah im a radiologist. i like scanning myself though im not real good at taking pics... gotta get a tech to help me wiht that. im still too paranoid to shop. i have stuff my cousins gave me which rocks. still gotta buy a new car. maybe ill start shopping after my amnio on the 26th

drsquid- that great you can scan yourself :) so glad you and the twins are doing good :hugs:

Llampie sounds like you ovulated :) I hope things work out this month for you :hugs:

Cridge I think I need to ask my fs about met they have never offered it to me :( hope your okay????

Amber gl, just keep at the gonal f and we will all keep everything crossed for you I don't have many tips except taking a conception multi vitamin :)

STILL NO :witch: LADIES IM GETTING ANNOYED THIS CYCLE HAS BEEN 8 WEEKS BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID CYST

Squid: cool that you get to scan yourself. You are not that bad with the pictures by the way.

Ambernov: I look forward to hearing about your cycle. My RE put me on predisone to lower my immune system so my body would not reject the egg, and baby. I was also on metformin, and still currently on a thyroid medicine. I didn't start these right away with ttc either. As we went along. I don't no if their was a medical reason why I had to take the predisone.but it worked!

amber - I was the same way in the beginning with my pcos - blood work and everything always looked perfect, no real outward symptoms - just the polycystic ovaries. I was on metformin back then, but not sure I really needed it. I hope they can get it figured out so you can have a sticky bean!

scerena - I can't believe you haven't seen af yet! Argh!! What's going on?! How many days of provera did you take? And how many days have you been off of it now?

Cridge- I took 10mg's twice a day for 5 days... I took my last pill on monday before bed and Its now friday so 4 days... feels forever I think thats because today my cycle has been 8 weeks! I just want to get on now- so much for the OD working :dohh:
Hope you're well cridge???

They say it could take up to 10 days past taking the last pill, don't they? I can't remember exactly... it's been a long time since I took provera. I hope she shows up for you soon! I know how frustrating it is to wait around for her feeling like everyone is making progress but you. And I know what you mean about the OD.... I felt like it did me some good, but not anywhere near what it *should* have. :nope: :hugs:

Ok question....I went in today for my US I'm CD6 and day 3 of Gonal F and my RE said "looks like I'll have 3 or so" does she mean eggs? I feel sort of stupid with all this as it is my first time going this route lol! That's why I didn't ask what she meant! I got to see the ovaries and she measured these dark circles lol! It's still all a tad overwhelming to me at the moment. But I love reading everyone's posts it doesn't make me feel so alone. I only personally know 1 person that has had fertility treatments.

Ok question....I went in today for my US I'm CD6 and day 3 of Gonal F and my RE said "looks like I'll have 3 or so" does she mean eggs? I feel sort of stupid with all this as it is my first time going this route lol! That's why I didn't ask what she meant! I got to see the ovaries and she measured these dark circles lol! It's still all a tad overwhelming to me at the moment. But I love reading everyone's posts it doesn't make me feel so alone. I only personally know 1 person that has had fertility treatments.

Totally understandable, its a little overwhelming to any of us! I'm surprised she didn't explain more. She was measuring your follicles. At CD6 they will still be pretty small, but over time they will grow to maturity. A mature follicle is thought to be around 18mm. Once they reach that size, you'll be triggered with a shot that will finish the maturity of the egg and they say 36 hours later you will ovulate. The idea is that all the follicles will burst and you'll have that many eggs release.

Are you doing IUI or just timed intercourse?

Cridge- thanks for the support that is exactly how I feel and I can't get pregnant if I'm stuck on a natural cycles cos my body I thick and doesnt do it's job properly! But fx'd af will arrive shortly, yes up to 10days you're right- just feels forever as its been two months :/
Anyhow soon I will be ttc again :)
Thanks again :hugs:

Amber- Alicatt described it perfectly :) it will all be overwhelming but any questions you have someone will help you as this thread is usually quite active :hugs:

Thanks for all your feedback. I just hate all this weight gain! I gained another half a lb since yesterday. I just really hope it comes off after injections (well before I gain baby weight :) )

Welcome Amber! Yay- 3 possible mature follicles is great! The only SE I have had is this freekin weight gain! Oh, and I could feel that something was going on with my ovaries- like a pulled muscle.

Alicatt, holy cow-30 follicles- that's awesome. I hope they all mature! Do you feel them on your ovaries?

Scerena, I typically started AF after 4-5 days after Provera but it can take up to 10. I hope it comes before that though- lord knows you waited long enough! My RE instructed me to take Provera since I may or may not ovulate on my own. I'm going to give it until tomorrow before taking them... Using OPKs- since I usually would O 2days after a positive (when on Clomid).

Kmae- I read back through my journal last time it took me 7days to get af do hoping I have af by Monday fx'd!
I hope af doesn't take too long to show for you :hugs:
Horrible all the waiting around right?!

Thanks for all your feedback. I just hate all this weight gain! I gained another half a lb since yesterday. I just really hope it comes off after injections (well before I gain baby weight :) )

Welcome Amber! Yay- 3 possible mature follicles is great! The only SE I have had is this freekin weight gain! Oh, and I could feel that something was going on with my ovaries- like a pulled muscle.

Alicatt, holy cow-30 follicles- that's awesome. I hope they all mature! Do you feel them on your ovaries?

Scerena, I typically started AF after 4-5 days after Provera but it can take up to 10. I hope it comes before that though- lord knows you waited long enough! My RE instructed me to take Provera since I may or may not ovulate on my own. I'm going to give it until tomorrow before taking them... Using OPKs- since I usually would O 2days after a positive (when on Clomid).

I do feel them! It seems to bother me just after the injections, like ohh.. FSH and LH just got pumped into them and they start to ache. I just started ganirelix today, and I am wondering if I am allergic to it? The injection site is all itchy and has swelled up like a bug bite. Maybe that is just a SE? IDK as this is the first day I have taken the ganirelix. I can't believe that there are 30 follicles, crazy. Dr did mention today that not all of them would continue to mature. I certainly hope not! That would be a lot! I wasn't expecting to have any extra to freeze, but now I'm wondering if I will? I guess it just depends on the number that fertilize and how many continue to grow and split after fertilization.

I finally figured out what ICSI and Assisted Hatching are. These are 2 things that my FS wants to employ to improve my chances.

ICSI - where they take a sperm and inject it into the egg. Basically forcing the fertilization to occur. This might be a good idea if your DH has low sperm count, or issues with motility or no sperm (and they have pulled a few from the testicles) or you are using donor sperm (ME).

Assisted Hatching - suggested when the female is over 37, or for women that have had more than 2 failed IVFs. They basically go in and make a tiny hole in the embryo a few hours before transfer. Apparently this is something that normally happens during implantation, and the embryo will break open and latch onto the uterus. Apparently has women age, their embryos often have too thick of a wall, and by giving it a head start, it is more able to latch.

Oh, and I finally figured out the difference between Menopur, Follistim, Gonal F, Bravelle was.

Menopur - a combination of LH and FSH at 50% each, this is supposed to help grow the follicles
Bravelle, Follistim, Gonal F - are mostly FSH with 10% LH, and these are supposed to get your ovaries to produce lots of follicles.

I guess that is why we went with 3 vials of Menopur and 3 vials of Bravelle, to help get lots of follicles (at the beginning) then we went to 4 Bravelle and 3 Menopur for 2 days, and I went from having 11 follicles to 30 follicles. Now I'm on pure Menopur 6 vials and the Ganirelix, and this is supposed to get my follicles to grow, and stop ovulation. Then once they reach the right size we'll do the hCG injection and 36 hours later do the egg retrieval.

WHEW! That was a lot! I hope that helps some of you to understand the IVF process and the drugs we are taking!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->