Gonal Girls

Amber - I do my first shot tomorrow, so we'll be on about the same schedule. They're bumping me up to 225iu from 150.

Alli - I really hope you got some good news today!

Ok went in for baseline today and no cysts so we got the go ahead!! :yipee: She's starting me out on 150 instead of 75 like last time. She doesn't seem worried about the LP she said something about it being because I stopped my meds......but had I still been taking them I wouldn't have done the crinone til that night so not sure I understand her logic there. But anywho CD4 and will start injections tonight! Got my fingers crossed that this will be the one!

Amber when I took Crinone my Dr was very specific and made me use it in the morning not the evening. You should not get your period while on it. In fact it took mine 4 days to show. I would definitely question that. Maybe try a different kind of progesterone supplement? Also, I think there are supplements you can take on your own, like evening primrose oil? Check google, I'm pretty sure it will help your LP!
Comgrats on being all clear to start again! :dust:

Didn't get good news today :( It was a :bfn: but since I had been testing I was already prepared for that answer and so I was able to take the official news much better. I go back to see the FS tomorrow to discuss the next cycle. It will be a long one. They want me to take the BCP for 2 months, then lupron for 2 weeks then we start stimming. The plan is to have the egg retrieval on Dec 10th or there abouts. Then I'd do the BETA around Christmas! Wouldn't that be a nice present!

Thanks everyone for your support! It really helps to know that we aren't alone in our attempts!

:hug:

alicattt- I am so sorry that you didn get better news :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: you are very strong :hugs:

A Christmas :bfp: would be amazing Hun! I will have everything crossed for you :hugs:

amber what a pain!!! Good luck for this cycle :dust:

bonnotron and amber - good luck with this cycle as hope all goes well,

alicat - sorry to hear that, the worst part of it for me is all the waiting around, but fingers crossed for a xmas bfp x

scerena - yeah the nurse told me in 2 weeks, but wasn't sure if that was from the hcg shot or past ovulation lol but i think i will be testing the same time as you on the thursday, I'm not sure if i want that day to come or not, very nervous but excited.

kasI thought it would be past ovulation but she said two weeks from when I had the shot?! Are you going to test or wait it out??? I'm unsure wether I will test or not I might jus TRY and wait and see if I'm late??!
How good would it be if we both got a :bfp:

How often did you bd from trigger???

Yay I love having a cycle buddy bonnotron!! :happydance:

ali sorry for the bad news but you're right a Christmas :bfp: would be amazing!! Big hugs to you!! :hugs: And I will hope and pray that all the waiting over the next couple months will pass quickly!

AFM I am really confused about the whole crinone. I may try to talk to my RE again this Thursday. I did some research and some said they did get af and some said they didn't. My directions were to take it at night before bed. Also this af was only 3 days. Mine are usually 4-5 days. :shrug: I just hate going to them with "I read online...." I know that must get old! But I just worry that this could get in the way of our bfp. She's not really the easiest to talk to she is always in a hurry and to top it off she's pregnant! So usually I just want to get in and out anyway.

Alli and Amber - so sorry to hear your news... It is so hard... But Amber, that's great that you have no cysts and can start again right away!

How are you hanging in there Scerena? When can you test?

AFM - I am sick - I caught another cold. One of the many lovely side effects of pregnancy is lowered immunity. I can't complain too much though, because I know how lucky I am. I know all you ladies will be too as well, very soon! FX for everyone!

Hope you get to feeling better soon curliegirlie! I know it's no fun to be sick and preggo there is nothing you can take to feel better that actually works!

curliegurlie :hi: I'm doing good I'm 5dpt and I can test on 11th October :) sorry you're feeling ill again :hugs: you can complain being ill Hun as it sucks being ill wether you are pregnant or not, I really hope you get better soon :hugs:

amber really wish I could offer you advice but I haven't taken it before :( I usually say to the fs "a friend of mine said..." Rather than I read online :shrug:

Thanks scerena I may have to use that line! I can just see them tuning out as soon as the words come out of my mouth. I understand there is so much online that they wish wasn't but some things are helpful I believe, and concerns should be addressed no matter where they come from.

I agree Hun, address any concerns that you have because if you don't you will get home and wish you did :hugs:

Alli - I'm so sorry about the BFN :hug: December seems so far off, but it will be here before you know it.

Amber - I asked my dr. today about my 10 day LP on the crinone. All he would say is to not expect anything to be normal while I'm on the gonal, that it will all differ from my natural cycle. My response was "I have a 10 day LP during a natural cycle, and it was 10 days on the crinone". He just said "Hmm". A few minutes later while he was doing my ultrasound he asked the nurse if they were doing a beta, so maybe they suspect a chemical?

Anyway, my baseline didn't go that well. I had about 10 large leftover follicles / cysts, and apparently my fibroid is getting really big and might need to be removed. I'll be on birth control for about a week, so Amber I guess we won't be cycle buddies after all. Good luck at your baseline, I hope it goes well and you get a better answer then I did!

Sorry to hear that bonnotron! :hug: Hope you get better news your next visit.

I feel like finding a doctor that will work WITH you is so important! I've seen SO SO many doctors over the years, which was obnoxious in many ways, but once I found a doctor that would work with me, it's made such a difference. She tells me that she's willing to read anything I find online or elsewhere. She knows that even though she practices every day, she doesn't know everything there is to know and she believes that informed patients are very valuable. I kept searching until I finally found a doctor like this. It has honestly made my journey so much easier to know that I'm in control of my care and that I have a doctor that will listen to me and discuss her options vs. mine. I know it's hard to leave a doctor that knows your history, but if you're not comfortable with the care you're getting, it might be the best thing.

Sorry - that was a bit of a rant, but it's something I feel very strongly about. I hope you're able to feel good about your doc!!!

bonnotron I am so so sorry Hun nothing more disheartening then having cysts and having to sit out, will you start as soon as you come off the bcp in a week??

cridge your rant is so true so for be sorry :hugs:

cridge I agree. I wish I could shop around but this is the RE that my insurance referred me to and I don't know how hard it would be to switch it. She is a very nice Dr and has talked through things with me it just seems when it's just for my US checks she rushes them. I know she has many women to see and procedures to do but an extra minute would be nice sometimes. I'm just going to try and get as informed as I can and bring up any questions as they come up.

so, ladies, AF arrived today, so I am out (I knew it a while ago).
I'm off travelling for a while, so I'll likely b taking a break from TTC and definitely taking a break from B&B. And when I get back, I might continue the break till January and maybe try to sort out my thyroid and all the stress I'm under... We'll see what happens...

Good luck to you all in the next month or so!
lots of :dust: to all!!! I hope to see all of you pregnant when I get back :)
And to the ladies already expecting - I wish you a happy and healthy rest of the term!

scerena - Yep, I'm going to start up next week. I go back next Thursday for b/w and u/s and if the cysts are gone I will be able to start then.

amber - I decided to start writing down questions now so I'm prepared for my consultation next week. I always end up forgetting to ask something...

They called with my bloodwork results - elevated estrogen but the beta was 0. Here's hoping the next round goes better. In the meantime I'm being extra nice to myself and taking it easy.

amber=- bummer. i had to last minute order stuff.. and once had to drive over an hour to a pharmacy.
curlie- sorry bout the cold. i had a mild one and it sucked

bonno- im sorry that sucks.

im not changing my insurance while im pregnant cause i like my ob so much.. that is super important.

mizuno- take care of yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->