Gonal Girls

Thanks so much babydrms! This is your 2nd go for IVF, right? I can't imagine how hard IVF would be. Good luck!! I really hope you get your bfp soon!!!

courtney - I ended up on 150iU as well, so FX'd it'll work for you!! Once the fertilized eggie reaches the uterus, it usually floats around for a couple/few days before implanting, so I wouldn't give up completely if you ovulate on your right - it might find it's little way over to the left side!

have you taken your first shot or do you shoot up in the evening? :haha:

Yep, this is 2nd IVF. Trying to be patient...the first cycle was such a disappointment.

Thanks so much babydrms! This is your 2nd go for IVF, right? I can't imagine how hard IVF would be. Good luck!! I really hope you get your bfp soon!!!

courtney - I ended up on 150iU as well, so FX'd it'll work for you!! Once the fertilized eggie reaches the uterus, it usually floats around for a couple/few days before implanting, so I wouldn't give up completely if you ovulate on your right - it might find it's little way over to the left side!

have you taken your first shot or do you shoot up in the evening? :haha:

i shoot up in the evening! :haha: how does a fertilized egg reach the uterus without travelling through a tube?

another question: i have had super bad cramps today, i've never had cramps after my period ended...think it's the letrozole? this is new...

BABYDRMS: Good luck for the IVF. I am praying everything will go well and it will wend with a BFP :)

Courtney: Hopefully, you will get a follicles on your good side and it will end happily.

I am on cd3 and just started my letrozole today. I have asked my RE to up my dose to 5mg so lets see how this will go_Once I am done this then I will start my gonal-f.

Thanks Shareena - Hope the increase does the trick!

how does a fertilized egg reach the uterus without travelling through a tube?

oh oops - sorry! I must have confused you with someone else. I was thinking you had both tubes but there was something wrong with one side of your uterus...?? Sorry! But if you don't have both tubes, the one tube will usually detect a hormone that a mature follie gives off and it will move over to the other ovary. I know a lot of women that only have one tube and they were able to get pregnant from the opposite ovary.

As far as the cramps...??? I've been having them right after I ovulate, but I usually only have cramps on CD1. So I'm not sure if it's from the drugs or what. Not much help - sorry.

how does a fertilized egg reach the uterus without travelling through a tube?

oh oops - sorry! I must have confused you with someone else. I was thinking you had both tubes but there was something wrong with one side of your uterus...?? Sorry! But if you don't have both tubes, the one tube will usually detect a hormone that a mature follie gives off and it will move over to the other ovary. I know a lot of women that only have one tube and they were able to get pregnant from the opposite ovary.

As far as the cramps...??? I've been having them right after I ovulate, but I usually only have cramps on CD1. So I'm not sure if it's from the drugs or what. Not much help - sorry.

i have both tubes but one has a tiny bubble that he thinks the sperm are getting trapped in..it also happens to be the side that my body likes to ovulate on....:dohh:

I know I haven't been around for a while but I have been in and out. A big congratulations Cridge, that really is good news indeed.
I am afraid I am out, I am not going to be a gonal F girl for a while, I saw my consultant today and she doesn't want to go down that route although the registrar does. She is scared about OHSS, as am I, I don't know if I made the right decision about going for an increase dose on the clomid or if I should have just listened to the registrar? The consultant knows better right?
I am now going to be taking 150mg of clomid, starting tomorrow and for 5 days, I will then go for a scan on day 10. I really hope this works and if it doesn't I might have go grovelling back to the registrar.

I know I haven't been around for a while but I have been in and out. A big congratulations Cridge, that really is good news indeed.
I am afraid I am out, I am not going to be a gonal F girl for a while, I saw my consultant today and she doesn't want to go down that route although the registrar does. She is scared about OHSS, as am I, I don't know if I made the right decision about going for an increase dose on the clomid or if I should have just listened to the registrar? The consultant knows better right?
I am now going to be taking 150mg of clomid, starting tomorrow and for 5 days, I will then go for a scan on day 10. I really hope this works and if it doesn't I might have go grovelling back to the registrar.

How many follies did you get? How come they're afraid of OHSS? I'm sorry to hear it didn't work!

I do not know your whole story but I was on Clomid for 4 months with all BFN. I switched to Gonal and got a BFP first round. I had 5 follies on right and 5 on left. I was only preg with 1 baby( which i lost at 9.5 weeks) My Dr was not concerned about OHSS just my estrogen levels. Also one big difference I noticed between the meds is clomid dries up CM, with injections I had a really good amount. I just started Gonal again, we'll see what happens! Good Luck!

Jamitha -Sorry for your loss, good luck with this cycle.

I am CD6 with horrible headaches from letrozole. I will go in for tomorrow for u/s and b/w then start gonal-f. I can't wait to finish with letrozole. How is everyone doing??

I am just wondering, would adding aspirin help for iui???

Jammitha - Good luck to you for this cycle and sorry for your loss.

Ok girls, I went in for my u/s and I have three follies. I am happy :).

Babydrms: thank you. How are things with you???

Where is everyone?? I guess alot of ppl are not doing gonal-f this cycle........

lol, I don't know! Weekends are always a little quiet...I am good, just ready to be done stimming! I also have terrible headaches, terribly bloated, and general malaise at this point. The latter two are great signs that my body is working really hard to get this done!

Hi girls! I read up every day, but the early pregnancy freak-outs are starting to creep in a little bit, so I've been limiting my time on bnb. I still have my fingers crossed for every one of you!! Gonal-f is definitely my wonder drug and I'm hoping everyone has the same experience!!

Shareena - I'm so happy about your scan!! :thumbup: Good things are coming!!

Hi Cridge,

Thank you for responding. Any morning sickness ???? Take alot of rest and I understand not wanting to hang out alot in bnb. Don't worry you will have a good pregnancy.

Babydrms: How many follicles do you have?? When is you ET ???

Shareena - yes, I get a little nauseous after I eat and I'm feeling hungry all the time. :dohh: I didn't feel a thing besides sore boobs with DS until 7+ weeks, so I'm a little worried for what the future holds! I'm liking all the symptoms because it's keeping me sane, but I was so sick with DS that I'm fearing it's going to be super bad with this one. I'll take it though! So worth it!

Shareena - I have about 24 follicles - 16-18 which will probably produce a mature egg. Retrieval is looking like Thursday and transfer will be either 3 or 5 days later, depending how the embies are doing.

Whoa Babydrms!! :thumbup: Looking great! I hope everything goes really well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->