Good/Bad reasons to wean?

It is now turning into an argument and it didnt need to.

It gets that way when know-it-all google searchers waste their time trying to force their ideas on people.

Maybe people should mind their own business and not make threads to start shit up.

The only thing Sam and I have linked to were research which we were asked to post and we said in our post that we were posting because someone asked for the info so I'm sorry if that offended anyone, it wasn't my intention and I certainly wasn't trying to force ideas on people. :blush:

I think it is worth noting that lots of parents (me included) make mistakes. Making mistakes doesn't make someone a bad parent. It would be great if we could share our mistakes and learn from them together.

are you seriously trying to upset people?

we moved on again and then you say tht

ill write it in caps and maybe it will not be missed this time

I AM NOT A BAD PARENT BECAUSE I WEANED AT 4 MONTHS
I AM NOT MAKING A MISTAKE BY WEANING EARLY
MY CHILD IS AN INDIVIDUAL
I WILL DO WHAT I THINK IS BEST FOR MY CHILD
YOU DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOURS

Sorry, I didn't quote what I meant to, or explain very thoroughly. Someone mentioned he word 'mistake', which is very emotive - I know I get upset about my mistakes. I was talking about parenting in general, how it would be great if we all shared our mistakes and learnt from them together. One of my Mummy friends told me how she used a baby grow hot from the tumble drier and the popper hurt her baby. I was grateful she shared that - I reassured her that it was an easy error, that it didn't make her a bad mum, and I learnt from it. Had she not told me, for fear of being thought of as a bad Mum, I
could have easily made the same mistake.

I hope that is a bit clearer.

im logging off for a bit id like to apoligise for the caps in my last post im just getting frustrated/..

not to mention i had to have oh's dead cat scraped of the side of the main road last night so im not feeling all tht good :cry:

I think it is worth noting that lots of parents (me included) make mistakes. Making mistakes doesn't make someone a bad parent. It would be great if we could share our mistakes and learn from them together.

are you seriously trying to upset people?

we moved on again and then you say tht

ill write it in caps and maybe it will not be missed this time

I AM NOT A BAD PARENT BECAUSE I WEANED AT 4 MONTHS
I AM NOT MAKING A MISTAKE BY WEANING EARLY
MY CHILD IS AN INDIVIDUAL
I WILL DO WHAT I THINK IS BEST FOR MY CHILD
YOU DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOURS

Sorry, I didn't quote what I meant to, or explain very thoroughly. Someone mentioned he word 'mistake', which is very emotive - I know I get upset about my mistakes. I was talking about parenting in general, how it would be great if we all shared our mistakes and learnt from them together. One of my Mummy friends told me how she used a baby grow hot from the tumble drier and the popper hurt her baby. I was grateful she shared that - I reassured her that it was an easy error, that it didn't make her a bad mum, and I learnt from it. Had she not told me, for fear of being thought of as a bad Mum, I
could have easily made the same mistake.

I hope that is a bit clearer.

we posted at the same time

Oh, and if I'm a bit slow replying, and bringing things up when conversation has moved on, its because I'm typing one handed!

Research and guidelines, I've not seen any that don't say 6+ months so if anyone has any to hand, I'd appreciate it. LO nis coming up to weaning age and I want to be as informed a possible.

i think girls on here that have weaned before 6 months find it hard to digest that they have done somethin wrong when they look at their very happy bubbly baby i know i do.

ithink the government actually change labels people will wean around the 4 month mark as its what we see everytime we go shopping, we live in a world with starved abused kids and i know my generation was told to eat up whats on your plate.

Hi hun

Just wanted to confirm the top sentance - are you saying Mums who have weaned early are wrong & find it hard to admit/accept that :confused:

Funny you should mention the eat everything up on your plate - Me & SC were talking about that the other night he asks me to not 'load' his plate because he was brought up like that :D

no,i was trying to say that if someone says they are wrong for weaning before 6 months its hard to accept they've done something wrong iykwim, i weaned around 4 months and there's nothing wrong with rhys so i find it hard to think it was wrong or harmful in some way.

does that sound better lol i hate using the word 'early' as i dont think i weaned early i did it for my own reasons at what was the right time.

if i didnt eat my dinner my parents would threaten me saying i'd eat it for my tea lol

Theres a difference with posting some info you know of or posting when someone asks for a variety of info someone may have found for their genuine information & using it to your advantage as YOUR arguement.

You didn't do that Rafwife :D

The information I have ever seen you post as your find has always came across polite & helpful. Even if someone didn't agree with 100% of that info you found they may follow part of it and digest that. Most people read up and listen to more than one thing and then follow what they feel is the right thing for their child. Doesn't mean say if you followed that 100% that your bad either just because the next person didn't ...

If you get me?

x

Helen I didn't think I read it right hence I asked - Hope that was ok? I wasn't going to argue it I just wanted to see if I ha. I'd rather ask if I got it right than assume even if I have no reply :lol:

Im waffling - Amys here so I'm going to get my backside off the lappy :D

Theres a difference with posting some info you know of or posting when someone asks for a variety of info someone may have found for their genuine information & using it to your advantage as YOUR arguement.

You didn't do that Rafwife :D

The information I have ever seen you post as your find has always came across polite & helpful. Even if someone didn't agree with 100% of that info you found they may follow part of it and digest that. Most people read up and listen to more than one thing and then follow what they feel is the right thing for their child. Doesn't mean say if you followed that 100% that your bad either just because the next person didn't ...

If you get me?

x

Yep, I get you. Thanks hun. :)

I'm the type of person who loves to read up on things so even though I've weaned Niamh, I'm still really interested in early weaning, and 6 month weaning (onto purees). I don't mean that to sound patronising, but I am really interested in different methods, and things like why Canada and America have different recommendations. You know, I am planning on having more than one baby :rofl:

I read weaning threads all the time, but don't really post in case people think I'm 'ramming BLW down their throats' or something. I don't mean to talk about it like I think it's better, but it's the only thing I can talk about with weaning, as its the only method I've done :lol: So I rarely post in threads just in case. I know thats the case with a few BLWers. We don't really want to be sectioned off and annoy people when we post, but we feel we do.

I would never, ever judge anyone for when they weaned. I've always said your baby, your choice and I've also said I understand why some Mums wean early. I was weaned at 8 weeks and turned out fine!

*twitches*

:lol:

I'm very interested in weaning threads, and I probably appear too pro-late weaning, like I appear too pro-breastfeeding. I apologise, I'll try and restrain myself in future. I would like to share information and ideas though, but I'll aim to be more tactful in future.

I suppose I'm a bit over the top with my opinions, because I've encountered negativity about my choices in Real Life. I've had the HV suggest weaning, family members suggest it, and other Mums questioning why I wait.

It can be hard, waiting, especially when having a hungry baby. LO has just gone through an almighty growth spurt, and I found it hard to stick to what I felt was right for him, when it would make my life easier to wean!

I'm probably overly defensive because of these reasons.

I apologise if I sounded harsh, it wasn't my intention. I have to defend my choices a lot (things like co-sleeping). I don't mind when it is discussion and sharing of ideas, resources and opinions, but I don't like it rammed down my throat. I wouldn't want to do that to others, and I apologise if I have.

That's exactly how I feel asacia. I'd be embarrassed if I thought any of my posts upset people tbh.

That's exactly how I feel asacia. I'd be embarrassed if I thought any of my posts upset people tbh.

i've never been offended by your posts hun, and you were one f the people who gave me brilliant info on blw, which is why i blw now:) if you'd rammed it onto me saying oooo if you dont do it you will harm baby etc, i'd have ran away. if i need honest advice on something you would be one person i would ask.

you can thank me now :rofl: :rofl:

Yep, I get you. Thanks hun. :)

I'm the type of person who loves to read up on things so even though I've weaned Niamh, I'm still really interested in early weaning, and 6 month weaning (onto purees). I don't mean that to sound patronising, but I am really interested in different methods, and things like why Canada and America have different recommendations. You know, I am planning on having more than one baby :rofl:

I read weaning threads all the time, but don't really post in case people think I'm 'ramming BLW down their throats' or something. I don't mean to talk about it like I think it's better, but it's the only thing I can talk about with weaning, as its the only method I've done :lol: So I rarely post in threads just in case. I know thats the case with a few BLWers. We don't really want to be sectioned off and annoy people when we post, but we feel we do.

I would never, ever judge anyone for when they weaned. I've always said your baby, your choice and I've also said I understand why some Mums wean early. I was weaned at 8 weeks and turned out fine!

*twitches*

:lol:

I've wondered that myself, because we're very similar. :)

Well I find it ridiculous when people thank posts that are clearly offensive and rude.

Well I find it rude when people post rude things on their facebook about certain people, especially when her friends can see it...and when the person can't even defend themselves.:coffee:

I'm actually shocked at what has been said......:nope:

god forbid a person have an opinion outside of what everyone else thinks and voice it, and maybe put an aggressive tone on it because she is sick of people constantyl judging the ways of other people.

she can't even defend herself and she's being thrown into the gutter....do you know her? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->