Good Morning & Hello!

Chick -

O tests are for Ovulation. So I'm a bit confused what you are asking.

You start taking them around day 10 of your cycle and when you get a positive read you do some baby dancing - then 2 weeks later you either have period or positive pregnancy test.

So no.. it doesn't tell you when your period is starting which I think is what you are eluding to.

EDIT - The packet will tell you when to start testing for the big O - there was a link a bit earlier in this post that I read that was really quite good.. I'm sorry I mis understood before.

Hi Opaque!

Sorry, this is all still new to me...Yes, I was asking if the ovulation kit will tell me when to start testing for ovulation :dohh: And it sounds like in the "instructions" it will (as you said, day 10).
So, update, the witch came on Saturday morning..I have been so busy I haven't been able to get to a computer to update y'all!

In one sense, it is OK because now I have a better idea of how long my cycle is and when to "expect" O.....

Soooooo,,,,, here's to BD'ing mid-November :haha: And THANKS for the info!!!!

Chickadee and others...
Once I get the witch I run out and do all the things I can't do while pregnant..have a glass of wine( yes I know some say it's OK but not for me) have a have and cheese sandwich...sushi...sleep on my belly..etc. I make it like a last ditch effort.:) I've found it keeps my spirits up...do you all have a way of dealing with the waiting?

Chickadee and others...
Once I get the witch I run out and do all the things I can't do while pregnant..have a glass of wine( yes I know some say it's OK but not for me) have a have and cheese sandwich...sushi...sleep on my belly..etc. I make it like a last ditch effort.:) I've found it keeps my spirits up...do you all have a way of dealing with the waiting?

I actually do the same! It was nice this past weekend as we had a wedding reception and I just enjoyed a nice glass of wine and didn't fret about it! I also try and get my mind on something else so I don't obsess about it (which I have a tendency to do!) so this past weekend I scrapbooked and read which really helped me to just enjoy the weekend.

Chickadee and others...

I actually do the same! It was nice this past weekend as we had a wedding reception and I just enjoyed a nice glass of wine and didn't fret about it! I also try and get my mind on something else so I don't obsess about it (which I have a tendency to do!) so this past weekend I scrapbooked and read which really helped me to just enjoy the weekend.

Yup :) We went out for sushi, had some margaritas.. a girl friend of mine at work (who took a year to get preggos) always tells me new things when I get my period - this month? Laser tag? Did you know you can't play laser tag pregnant? :)

Chickadee and others...

Yup :) We went out for sushi, had some margaritas.. a girl friend of mine at work (who took a year to get preggos) always tells me new things when I get my period - this month? Laser tag? Did you know you can't play laser tag pregnant? :)
No laser tag?? how odd! :haha:

How is everyone doing?

I'm going to start testing for ovulation tonight - I'm excited / nervous - I want to know - but fearful that maybe I don't want to know :) I'm pretty sure I'm functioning normal and everything and fearful that when I start testing and don't get a positive (or maybe don't - or test wrong - or - or - or - or) that I won't want to know!

Its all a bunch of jumbled mess sometimes ;)

Anyone else notice that they are more hormonal after being off the pill? (well I was on the ring.. but same thing :) )

Case in point - friends had a baby yesterday - I cried - not really sadness - not really fusteration - not really happy - just.. over whelmed?

How is everyone doing?

I'm going to start testing for ovulation tonight - I'm excited / nervous - I want to know - but fearful that maybe I don't want to know :) I'm pretty sure I'm functioning normal and everything and fearful that when I start testing and don't get a positive (or maybe don't - or test wrong - or - or - or - or) that I won't want to know!

Anyone else notice that they are more hormonal after being off the pill? (well I was on the ring.. but same thing :) )

Case in point - friends had a baby yesterday - I cried - not really sadness - not really fusteration - not really happy - just.. over whelmed?

I am going to start testing tonight too! A bit nervous as I feel it might still be too early since my cycles have been wacky but didn't want to wait and miss it just in case!

I find I get to near tears a lot more often now that I am off the pill. I also feel like my patience is much shorter!

The fun we woman have to deal with!

Yes - tears come easier now .. but umm on the grosser side - is everyone else feeling like the "leak" all day all month?

I swear - its like a clear period (especially before I ovulate) - its getting old - I'd love to get pregnant so I'd have something to show for it :)

All the things you forget while on BC... :wacko:

Yes so not used to it! it freaked me out at first cuz I wasn't used to it with BC and had been on that so long I didn't realize this was normal. I hope it means that by having it means my cycle is becoming normal which would be great!

Yes so not used to it! it freaked me out at first cuz I wasn't used to it with BC and had been on that so long I didn't realize this was normal. I hope it means that by having it means my cycle is becoming normal which would be great!

Yup - a good girl friend said its like they are lubing up the pipes to make the eggs come down and the sperm swim up :) But yuck.. yuck .. yuck

well as long as it is doing some good!! haha

oh man is it just me or is everyone announcing they are pregnant right now! I just had two friends announce they are pregnant today! I am happy for them but it also kills me just a bit inside.

How is everyone doing?

I received my Clearblue Ovulation kit in the mail on Thursday...it said to start testing on the 6th day of my cycle, so that is when I started!!! I too am excited/nervous that MAYBE I'm not even O'ing?! BUT, on the positive side, at least I'll know and then can call my doctor! :thumbup:
I was a little confused as I had read somewhere that you shouldn't use FMU for the O test, but this test said that it was fine? I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly so I don't screw it up :shrug:

Hope you all are having a great day!!!

:dust:

Dilliapickle well al on of my friends and family are pregnant or newly delivered...seriously my husband thanked the pregnant at our wedding for reducing our liquor bill!!

chickadee I think clear blue is the ONLY test that uses first morning.:) I did a lot of reading...

My husband is taking me somewhere secret for my birthday...we are in the car right now....going north.

Took an opk before I left and it was nagative.. I'm sure we will.: baby dance: though.;)

Happy Birthday, Opaque! :)

Tomorrow is our Anniversary and so far my OPK's have been negative and I know it is still probably to early but I am hoping that it is positive for our anniversary tomorrow as I think that would be a nice surprise! and of course will be doing the baby dance! :)

Aww happy anniversary! Me and dh read up on it last night and decided that bding weeknight can't hurt as far as we know he's got normal sperm count...so a will always give him 24 hours...ads rule we don't bd on week nights anyway....schedules don't work so well but when we get a positive opk we will!!

Soenjoy your anniversary! It's our three month one!

Thanks its been three years which has gone by SO fast!

yeah weeknights are hard to match up schedules!:wacko: last month I was trying to follow what I had read that every other day is best and this month I am trying to be more relaxed about it! But of course when we see that positive OPK it will be baby dance time indeed! :happydance:

Ok - so I've been testing daily with my opk - I have to admit - getting the same time every day hasn't happened. :( I'm "scheduled" based off phone ap to ovulate on Thursday so I should hit my surge today / tomorrow - so I think I'll up my testing to twice daily until I get a positive - then test and see how long I stay positive in case I need to do it next month :)

Its going to be a bit strange to pee in a cup at work - but.. I'll just hang out in the stall for a while :):haha:

Yeah, I have been failing at doing it at the same time everyday as well! I will try and get better when I get closer to when I think the surge will happen.

Hope you see that surge soon :)

Ok so i tested and got a line thats 95% of the control....dh and i were planning on :sex: tomorrow night- even if this is a positive test tomorrow would be good / ok rigt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->