Good Morning & Hello!

Stephanie - thanks for the info that's really helpful! I am with you and would rather do expensive option and have potential frosties! Looks like I need to start super savings fund mode!

Ok! Sorry I was mia...Friday night...I couldn't sleep in the morning...Saturday night I just plain didn't sleep :( Bill was snoring and evidently I have what's called round ligament pain. This is one of those things people.don't tell you about. I know I asked my two besties and they both had it....never told me ;) basically you have ligaments that hold up your uterus ... Well since you grow so fast they hurt. Especially when you do things suddenly like roll over on bed. Searing pain...for like five seconds. Then it's gone. Yeah..just enough to wake me up and freak me out.
I went and got a cheap body pillow to hold me over until I get my gfs maternity pillow from her....it helped last night...so that was good.

I have a friend in the office that did ivf after three years of this and that. I'm not sure what drugs she took...but she froze the extras and they are going for baby two and she said it's so easy this time. Defrost and put the baby in the oven. It sounds like you both are leaning this way and I think either way is good...but it makes sense to me to do it this way ;)

Stephanie..July sounds like a ways away...but I agree it's closer then you think and girls...when it happens it is fast and it is life changing. I don't think I realized how hard pregnancy would be...it's also consuming. You tire easily and have littlechoice but to just let it be and rest. This weekend I wanted to spray the yard for bugs (they are.coming in the house :() and spray for dandelions...we moved into a dandelion farm..I got about 2/3rds of them last year but they are back. Well I can't do either. Bill did finally agree to do it...but he complained and then I basically had to dumb it down for him....he does not have a knack for making things work if he hasn't before. The sprayer we had was broken. Then I gave him the bug stuff...claims it was broken...I sent him back out..he hadn't flipped the too up (you know to open it?) Sigh....I love that i'm pregnant...but my point is..it can be very frustrating...not to mention your hormones :) i'm in my vanpool and the other preggo gal is sniffling...as she needs to blow her nose....it's driving me crazy....sigh.

Annie - sorry for the lack of sleep! :( and for the ligament pain that does not sound fun! And thanks for sharing so we know about it! All these things people don't tell you! Hope you get your pillow soon and better sleep :) When is your next ultrasound? 26th if I remember correctly??

Stephanie - How are you doing??

I am just waiting for AF to show up. I got some AF cramps when I got to work so pretty sure it will show today. It usually shows by this time. So then hopefully doctor tomorrow or Wednesday to see what they have to say. I am starting to lean more towards just moving to IVF because I worry that we have another issue of sperm not being able to get into the egg so I worry about spending another $1500+ for an IUI that will most likely fail again. Might as well use that towards the IVF... but we will see what my doctor thinks. It is just hard because Jon hasn't been able to get back to his doctor to do the in depth SA they wanted because they are never open! So I feel we should just wait for that as well because then we will know if there is more of a problem than we thought.

Alrighty, just got back from the doctor. We will be doing one more IUI. Which I am ok with. I was leaning towards IVF but Jon wasn't sure and wanted to think more about it and plus we don't have his results yet so after a long discussion IUI with clomid and bravelle again. He said this would be last and IVF would need to be next. It will be 10,000 not counting meds but our doctor said he would try and talk to administration and get it cut down a bit especially on the med costs because he said I respond well I might not need as high of doses. So that is the new plan! Jon also felt better because the IVF was explained to him and they do a three for one deal so you pay the one time and get three shots at it. Which is nice to know though our doctor thinks it would work first time no problem but good to know we would have the extra chances if needed. Tomorrow Jon goes in for in depth SA and then we get the results next Thursday so I am really happy that we will have that done and maybe get some answers there.

How you are you guys today???

Karissa - you sound great! The plan sounds great! I hope its giving you comfort?

Stephanie - how are you doing?

AFM - Sorry I've been gone - I'm really really struggling right now with the fact that I'm pregnant and I want to be happy and joyful and shout it from the mountains. However.. at work I have one (and now two) people who I basically can't talk about anything in front of - I am even cautious of rubbing my belly (something I do unconsciecously these days) one is heartbroken over multiple miscarriages and one is going for a full hysterectomy (medically necessary) - and her husband (one of our best friends) is struggling with not having kids. She is ok with not having kids but heart broken over watching him - so in either situation it leaves me feeling guilty and bad.. and I don't like it at all.

My cousin is having issues with conception (shared earlier) and of course she is at all our family gatherings lately - so I don't feel I can be happy there either. It just sucks.

I am so thankful for you all - though I'm sure its not easy for either of you - you have been so supportive - but I also try and not just talk about my baby all the time. Sigh - anyway - I never anticipated this part of the deal.. and I don't like it. Don't like it at all..

Other then that - things are going well - Sarah may be bringing the magic pillow down today and I would be soooo grateful if she did - though I am sleeping better with the cheapie target one :)

Annie - you can talk baby all your want here! I am sure Stephanie agrees with me that we are both SO happy for you and your little pumpkin and want to hear every detail! :) For me it gives me hope knowing I WILL be there someday! And I love all the insights you give that no one ever tells you! So please don't feel you can't talk about your little pumpkin here because we want to know! :)

Stephanie - How are you doing!?

So had my first Clomid again this morning! Haven't had many side effects last couple times so hopefully not this time either. The prescription said take at bedtime but I have been taking in morning because I noticed when I took it at night I felt crappy next day. I think it takes longer to give me symptoms cuz when I take during day I start to feel kinda out of it at bed time but then just go to bed and wake up fine! :) Jon has his in depth SA right now! So hopefully next Thursday we here good results! I am also nervous about my shots this time because Jon will be out of town Sunday through Tuesday which is when I take 3 of the 4 shots! So alone in house (which we have discussed I HATE, just like you Annie) and giving shots! Boo! Not looking forward to that! But worth it if it does what it needs to do!

Karissa - you made me cry :) I really really never expected this balance of being careful who / what/ when / how I say things.

Example - yesterday.
My g/f Jaime has an 8 month old who is teething - he is NOT a crabby baby and thus the fact he's been screaming for 3 hours each night in pain is heart breaking and hard to imagine.. and tiring for mama.
Sarah (new baby - 3 weeks?) her perfect sweet little angel? Yeah - she becomes the devil during the day. Sarah has been a nanny and dealt with a lot of kids - and yet this baby is trying on her.

So I was relating this to Tracey - who was smiling and agreeing.. and I said yeah - makes me super excited to deliver this one. Thats when she lost it.

Evidently that comment was insensitive - because you see I have to be OVER the moon super excited about EVERYTHING related to pregnancy - oh and not talk about it at all at the same time - because she can't have kids.

Right - and I meant it - I really did - because parenthood can be hard I decided I no longer want the baby (can you read the sarcasm?)

Ok - sorry venting over.

I soooooo relate to the idea of having to be home alone and give shots :( You have animals? How do they do when he's gone?

Annie - sorry you are having to deal with that! It does not sound fun at all! I know when I am pregnant I will just want to be announcing from rooftops and that would be so hard to not be able to just say what you want!

I do have two dogs! They do alright, the first night is always the hardest because they sit by the door and then stare at me like where is he? Why isn't he here playing with us! They also get extra protective (and by that I mean bark WAY more at noises!) when he is gone and just me around.

Stephanie - Hope you are doing well!!!

I am here! Been super busy, thinking about you two! Will post tomorrow when Rock isn't staring over my shoulder asking what I'm doing.. Hehehehehe.... HUGS!!

Hope you girls have been having a good week and that all is ok! :)

I take my first Bravelle shot today! Have a work event tonight that I am running so going to run home at 5:30 to take the shot and then go to work event!

Good luck!!

They are saying its going to be sunshine here this weekend :) WOO HOO - of course I should spend most of the day inside trying to get things organized...

Hello!!! Finally a moment of peace :haha:
Okay, so much going on with you guys!!!! I'll just say this first: Annie - don't feel the need to censor ANYTHING!!! I love hearing about you, your pregnancy and the Pumpkin!!! That's why I'm here!!! I will never be resentful or hurt by it. Like Karissa said - our time WILL come :hugs: I like getting all the inside details from you... I just hope we get pregnant soon so you'll have someone to commiserate (sp??) with :thumbup:

How is the bathroom remodel? I know what you mean about asking Bill to do things around the house/yard.. Trust me, 99% of the time it is just easier to do it myself!!! That is why I figure that I'll be the primary baby caregiver/diaper changer :haha:

Karissa - good for you to give IUI another shot! When do you expect to do it? Will you have it twice like last time??
And to hear that your doctor might try to get you a break in cost on IVF if you need it????!!!???!!! That is amazing!!! You NEVER hear "good" doctor stories anymore :happydance:
Ok, so we are going to NYC this week! Leaving Tuesday am and coming home Thursday pm. It's less than an hour flight for us.. We are going to see some play.. A political drama I think :sleep: but I am super excited for a few nights/days in the big city!!! And shopping... Oh how I love shopping...
Then it's time to GET DOWN TO BUSINESS! I am going to force Rock to do his SA and then talk to the FS about how we get everything rolling for meds in June, egg retrieval in July... Just thinking about it makes my heart beat super fast.. I cant believe that we are actually doing this!!!! :happydance:
Looks like we are in for some SOAKING rain here in the Northeast.. We really need it but ugh, couldn't it only rain at night or something?? :rain:

Stephanie - Have fun in NYC! I so want to visit there and see some Broadway! Enjoy trip and then worry about getting down to business when you get back! :) Do you know yet what your med protocol will be? sorry for the rain I will send some of our sunshine your way! :)

I think the IUI will be on Friday/Saturday or Sunday/Monday depending on how follicles look on Wednesday. Finished my clomid today and have to take another shot of Bravelle all alone today! I can do this! And yes I love our FS doctor! He has been so amazing!

Annie - Hope you are having a lovely weekend! :) Loved your bump pic on facebook!!

I'm about ready to go shoot another bump picture today - i'm in my favorite shirt today - its H&M Maternity - soft (sooo soft) grey and black stripes. Its a hand me down from sarah and I'm in love with it. It also just happens to be the best shirt to show off my bump. :) A coworker here simply said "wow" when I came around the corner :)

Bathrooms are done! Oh my gosh - sooooooo in love with my bathrooms. Sure - the sink the hall bath - the faucet is really not hanging far enough over into the sink - but its minor.. yes we still need to paint.. but the work is done and its beautiful.

I've also really got a good start on moving everything out of the "nursery" which up to this point was deemed "my room" and thus was a dumping ground of all things.. clothes, misc store purchases, gifts, etc.

Oh gifts.. let me just go off on a tangent here. So I'm a bit of an obsessed couponer / deal finder. I'm slowly getting out of it - but .. starting in September I have (oh wait - now that starts in July... humm anyway) 5 kids birthdays, 4 adult birthdays and then of course christmas. So.. I shop year round (not to mention I always do at least one gift drive of some sort and participate with my friend Jen in a christmas santa breakfast (gifts and other prizes) ). SO in January I hit the mother load.. lets just say - I won't have to buy any presents for kids for this year.. (Which is great because with a baby coming in the middle of it - it will be nice to 'shop' from my gift closet).

Anywho - I moved the whole pile ol gifts upstairs this weekend into a closet. Now truth be told - I literally hauled it up and threw it in - so I will have to go back and sort at some point - but I got it upstairs and out of the "nursery".

In this process.. I found our lovely four footed babies.. pooped in that room. Awesome - so my nose wasn't just freaking out -t here was a reason. So that added a new level of cleaning not only that room but the cat box (Bill did most of it - don't you worry) etc.

It feels good to slowly but surely get that room cleaned out and not just dumped somewhere (ok the gifts were but they are in their perm home - just not organized in it ;) )

Bill got a lot of the yard stuff done this weekend - so hopefully that takes (dandelion killer for instance) - I'm soo ready for summer and spring cleaning is a step in that direction.. right?

anyway.. yeah - house update.. no one seems excited - except for me :)

BTW - thank you BOTH for the big support of me talking about this pregnancy! I know it can't be easy all the time - but I Really hope I can be a light of hope - and also - on days when pregnancy just sucks - well maybe you can be thankful that you can sit with a glass of wine and not deal with it ;)

In relation to that .. gas. OH my gosh - not that I wasn't a gassy person before - but this is a whole new level of gas.. another wonderful thing that most people don't talk about during pregnancy - poor Bill gets the worse of it as it kicks up in the evening.

I've gotten full approval to move forward with Beatrix Potter themed nursery :) I'm super excited.. trying to not just buy everything.

OK - Stephanie - soooooooooooo jealous of your trip to NY. I've never been and its been our list of things - but I want to go int he fall and well things keep coming up and stopping us from going.. sigh.. MAYBE next year.. so enjoy it - all of it and take lots and lots of pictures.

Karissa - when does Jon get back?

Annie - That is awesome about your bathrooms! yay!! And for all the work you have done in your nursery! Sounds exciting! And glad Bill did the cat litter :) That is so smart of you to shop for gifts all year round! I always tell myself to do that and then I never do! but especially good this year as you will be a bit preoccupied this Christmas :) Oh my goodness, I love your nursery theme! That sounds so adorable! You will have to share pictures of that!!!

Stephanie - Hope you are having fun in NYC!!!! :)

Jon gets back tomorrow night! So not a long trip but still glad when he will be back! I had nightmares all last night that people were trying to break into the house! ugh! But I did give myself my shot again last night which still super hurt! Hopefully I do better tonight!

I also fear I am getting sick as I feel a bit out of it and my temp is way higher than normal! it was 97.02 today which i never see 97 unless it is after O! Now I don't think I did O as it would be WAY to early but hoping that whatever I had goes away because the next two weeks at work is our busiest and I can't afford to be sick!!

Hope you are both doing well!!

Stephanie - hope you are having fun in NYC!!!! :)

I had my CD 10 us this morning. I had 1 follicle at 16mm and two at 14mm and my lining was 7. So not quite there as he wants them to be at least 19mm before triggering. So two days of no meds as he feared meds would over activate me! And go back in on Friday to see how I am doing on my own. Hopefully at least one is at 19 and then I would trigger that night and do IUI's on Saturday and Sunday! Please pray/send good thoughts if you would as this is our last chance for IUI and I really want it to work!!!

Stephanie - I'm super jealous of the pictures coming out of NYC on fb!!

Karissa - thoughts and prayers and everything sending your way - I feel like the month we got pregnant was our last chance at natural - and it worked - so dump all your positive thoughts into it - go with gusto :)

AFM - latest pregnancy symptom - shooting pains in my breast. Another thing I had to google to find - its normal. Basically shooting pains anywhere - normal. ;( Luckily it was last night for like an hour (it last about 2 seconds but comes back) - allowed me to grasp my breast in private :)

Annie - Thanks! I am trying to think super positive about this cycle!! this will be it!! and haha sorry I laughed out loud at your grasping breasts in private! :haha: Sorry for the shooting pains though! but good to know! :)

Also, I just want to say again how much I love my doctor!! At the appointment this morning he asked if I was bleeding or spotting and I said no cuz I wasn't. Well when he was done and I was getting dressed Jon goes um... you are leaking... WHAT! suddenly I was bleeding! So I told the nurse who said she would make a note and let him know. Well he just called me not a nurse but the doctor himself! He wants me to call him if it continues (which it has so far) as it could mean something is hurting my lining which would be bad and he said if I called he would get back to me right away which I believed him! He doesn't think it is bad but wants me to keep him updated and if it continues I will go in tomorrow. I am not really worried, though it is weird I mean I feel like I am flowing more now than when I was on my period!:shrug: but I just love that he called me himself and was so nice and helpful and encouraging!

Karissa - keep us posted - saying prayers for you :)

Well.. confession time :) I occasionally have these dreams that I have to go back to my ex (or sometimes its someone that I've never dated.. but normally its an ex) and in these dreams I'm normally confused and conflicted about it.

I have an ex that was really serious before Bill. Broke my heart in two when we broke up - I can see now that I would have eventually waken up and realized I was in a loveless relationship and want out - but he left before that. He's an ok guy - but very reomoved from his emotions (or at least was with me). ANYWAY

Had a dream last night that I went back to him (I had to? Its weird - its like I am made to go back to him for a period of time) anyway - I was pregnant (Bill's kid) and had my wedding ring. BUT the joy? I left him :) Told him I was leaving - (middle of the night of course) - told him I was pregnant and it wasn't his (I was pregnant when I was 'forced' back so it wasn't like I cheated on him) and went home to Bill. I've never gotten to the point where I leave..

so I liked that :) I know totally random and weird - but you all are about the only ones (outside of my bestest friend) that I can tell that to ;)

I cannot wait to hear about NYC..

Annie - thats awesome that you were able to "finish" your dream and leave that ex of yours! :) Maybe you won't have the dreams anymore...

Can't wait to hear about NYC either!! :)

Have the appointment today to find out about SA results!! getting nervous but at least we will have answers now! and then tomorrow morning at 10 is my check in to see how my follicles are doing! so should be a busy and productive weekend fertility wise! haha

Also, i am really struggling with insurance right now. I have to decided what to pick and I have no idea! I am on a PPO but it doesnt cover infertility. Well I just saw that the HMO says it covers 50% of infertility services so I checked and it looks like my doctor is on the list so that would be good. But I just checked and my OB is not on the preferred list.. . if we need IVF having 50% covered would be great! but pregnancy appointments and birth would also be alot that need to be covered. I need to see what other doctors are on preferred list and see if any are close by and use the Hospital we need to be at... and will ask infertility doctor Friday if they really do take this HMO... ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->