Good Morning & Hello!

Stephanie - ugh sorry about your hips! :( Hope the physical therapy helps!! and what is rock doing! I support your playing dirty! He needs to get going on this SA! Doesn't he know we are all waiting and hoping and wishing for you to get started so you can see your bfp :) Any signs of AF coming? Any idea when you ovulated?

Annie - That sounds SO fun!! how exciting!! That makes me want to find out the sex just so we can have that party! But we have already agreed to not find out the sex. Jon wants it a surprise and I agree with him. But that party sounds awesome! Well he did say if we have twins we could find out so... :haha:

AFM - so made a deal that I could test last night and then not again until Saturday cuz I said I wanted to test early. So tested last night and BFN which is to be expected but now I have to wait until Saturday per the agreement. This week will feel like an eternity! I haven't had any symptoms though until suddenly this morning I had weird AF like cramps for a bit and my temp went up (unusual as it normally stays same or starts to go down by now) and had weird smelling pee... so we will see... The real test will be if my temps stay up on Thursday and Friday because they ALWAYS start to go down by that point. Today could have been a fluke and my nose has been extra stuffy so maybe I am just getting sick and that is why...

Karissa - I'll bite my tongue on my big symptom - if you have other.. symptoms or weirdness - share and I'll confirm if its what I had :) a temp spike could mean good things - how many dpo are you?

I will make sure to share all my weirdness :) And I am either 10/11 DPO depending on how you count. Fertilityfriend thinks I am 11 and put me ovulating the first day of IUI and countdowntopregnancy.com has me at 10 which is ovulating on second day of IUI but I think it actually happened during the night between IUI's so really like 10.5 days. :)

No weirdness today. Temp went down to where it was on Monday (97.78, yesterday was 97.92 and Monday was 97.72) and only thing slightly out of ordinary was a weird hot flash last night (usually only get them when taking Clomid) and some cramping but I also had a tiny non existent dinner because I had to get to class so it could have just been hunger pains but it seemed a bit lower and sharper than normal so not sure. We will see what tomorrow brings. My temp usually drops by that point so time will tell. I am actually feeling quite detached from it and don't even have the urge to test! Which is very shocking for me! haha now if my temp stays high tomorrow that will surely all change!

How you are guys doing today???

My day is going well.. more sleep last night .. less husband snoring :)

Other then that.. not much - pulled out the doppler this morning just to hear the little pumpkin's heart beating.. such a lovely sound :)

Other then that - work.. its wednesday.. so trying to get motivated to do yoga when I get home - trying to stay on track at work (failing at that miserably)

Stephanie -when do you start PT? Any movement on Rock?

Karissa - we can be happy that you are not feeling super stressed by waiting :)

Karissa, keep your hopes up!! Remember - most women don't get a BFP until 13.6 DPO's!!! I have good feelings this month for you :hugs:

Annie - I am totally going to have a gender reveal party!!!! I had never heard of that but now I'm SOLD!!! That sounds like so much fun :happydance: and if I get pregnant, I may have to buy a Doppler.. That sounds do cool!

I started PT on Monday. I'm going twice a week. I also started my water workout class today. It was so awesome!!! :thumbup: I am super tired tonight as I also have PT exercises, took a slow short walk with the Dog AND gave her a bath.
I am on CD 31 now :growlmad: I thought I had a little pinkish discoloration when I wiped yesterday so I thought AF would show last night but not yet! Grrrrr... I am feeling a BIT crampy so hopefully tonight :blush:
If I ovulaTed on CD14, I would be 17DPO. GACK!!! :nope:

I agree with Stephanie - I will need to invest in a doppler as well! That is just so awesome that you can hear your little pumpkins heart beating away :)

Stephanie - I hope AF shows up soon so you can get started on next round (would it start this time or next?)!

Annie - I feel you about work. ugh I am so behind and just keep trying to catch up but more gets thrown my way! Oh well at least it is helping to make the days go faster and distract me :)

Thanks for the good feelings :hugs: I haven't given up I just have a very strange calm that is new for me. I am never calm and this TWW I have been very calm about the whole wait. I think being away for the first week really helped keep my mind occupied.

Still no AF. My boobs are so sore and seem HUGE so hopefully soon. I am a tad more emotional, but it's weird, no other real symptoms... My body is just plain MEAN!

Annie - how did you sleep last night? Are you showing a lot???

Karissa - still feeling calm??

Stephanie - Sorry your body is being mean :( I hope AF shows soon so you can move forward!

Annie - yes bump update :)

So last night I finally started to let hope in. I was SO tired when I got home after 5 I literally could have fallen asleep right then and there. And I had some of that weird cramping again. So I hoped. I dreamed. I felt maybe this was it. Then this morning temp drop down to 97.5 which is where it always goes a couple days before AF :( so hope was crushed and I was sad and am now detaching myself from my emotions. So Stephanie, I totally agree about our bodies just being so MEAN! Now I know I am not really out until Saturday but am starting to prepare myself for that BFN. At least I will be able to drink wine with my BFF this weekend...

Oh girls! :( I could say all sorts of things - but in reality - none of the big picture - it will happen when.. xyz matters right now - you all are sad and mad and rightfully so!

I have faith though.. big huge faith :)

Bump - umm yes I'm showing - I have about 10 days until my next bump picture - but assuredly yes - in fact ran into a gal in the break room that's 26 weeks - yeah her bump looks very very similar in size to mine!

I'm trying not to feel big and fat yet - when my belly sticks out further then my (HUGE) boobs (which is the only place I have stretch marks yet) then I'll feel BIG. Lets just say - some days / times its a tie.. so yes.. I'm showing.

Looks more basketball ish to me then watermelon - which SUPPOSEDLY means boy. Some days thats ok - somedays I want my girl. (I've always thought it was a boy - btw)

Did half of a yoga video yesterday (trying to ease into it) - it was more of a workout then yoga - but it was good - I did the standing series yesterday - I'll do the floor today. I had that - Whew I worked out and did stuff today tiredness last night and slept pretty good - so thats good :)

Wine.. ahh.. can we not talk about wine? No wait - TALK ABOUT IT - as I can't have it - at least I can talk about it :)

Annie - Yay for basketball bump! I have always looked at the girls that have a basketball bump and that is the kind I want! I didn't know that means boy! how interesting! (I hope for a girl first but of course will be happy either way!). I think that's smart to ease into the yoga! Good job on the first half :)

And I do look forward to a nice glass of this new reisling that I got! I do love my wine so at least that is one positive to when I see a negative I get to enjoy another glass... :)

Riesling - aww.. got to be some of my favorite :) That or a good ice wine.. yes I like it sweet.

So I got this super cute email from my sister in Law:
(things to know - Calvin is 6 months (my nephew) and Kate is 3.5 (my niece)
I am "Auntie" to them because Aunt Annie is ******** :)

"This morning, Kate was hanging out with Calvin and me in Calvin's room, and the bouncy chair was in there. I forget why, but the topic of the bouncy chair came up. Kate wanted to sit in it, but I said no that it's only for babies. Calvin uses it now, but soon we will give it to Auntie for her baby. She said, "We are going to share it with Snow White?" I said, "Do you mean Auntie's baby?" She said, "Yes." "

I am with you - I love it sweet! :)

Aww that is really cute! Snow White :) precious! And totally get not being called Auntie Annie...

Stephanie - how are you doing??

Annie that is priceless!!!! Glad the yoga is working for you :hugs:

How are you holding up Karissa???? :happydance:

I too love my vino!!! :blush: one thing I'm NOT looking forward to giving up but it is soooo worth it!

Ok, last night Rock said that he wants to do the IVF in July. :growlmad: He just doesn't understand! I told him that we only have a 30% chance of success but I think he is having trouble with the fact that just because we put a fertilized embryo in my uterus doesn't necessarily mean it will "stick". I am so annoyed right now. I am happy that he is totally on board, but I don't want to wait! I want to start ASAP.
So of course now I'm being all angry towards him and that doesn't help anything but I just can't help myself :nope:

Stephanie - I am so sorry!! :hugs: I would hate to wait as well! That is so frustrating and hard not to take it out on him. :hugs: Do you think he will change his mind? Has he done the SA or talked about going and doing SA soon at least?

My temp plummeted today to 97.09 so pretty sure I would have AF is I wasn't on Prometrium right now. I know I will not truly be out until I take that test tomorrow but I have very little hope that I will see that positive. So today I am trying to think of all the positives for this. Drink wine with BFF this weekend, I didn't want a Christmas baby anyways. That's about all I got so far but working on it. What makes me really sad is that this was the last chance for a 2012 baby. I don't know why but I always wanted a 2012 baby. but trying not to dwell! Now we have to decided if we do one more IUI with injectable or move to IVF. Doctor said we would need to discuss that if this one did not work so trying to discuss now so we are ready for conversation. But hard to discuss because we still are not sure how much the IVF would cost. We have to pay all out of pocket and think it will be somewhere between 10,000-12,000. So we would have to take a break to save for that if that really is how much it would cost. Stephanie - do you know how much yours will be?

Karissa - thinking of you this morning :hugs:

Rock and I talked a lot last night... Basically since he thinks the IVF is a done deal, he wants me to just enjoy the next few months as much as possible...I really think that he is petrified that everything is going to change IMMEDIATELY once I'm pregnant... Don't forget, he has NO experience with this :blush:

So we kind of compromised... We are going to "plan" on doing the actual IVF stuff IN July... So not sure how long everything takes to "get ready" but I assume I'll start preparing with meds, etc. in June. So that is only a month and a half. I'm still not thrilled about MORE waiting, but he has to be on board in order for this to work and I don't want to pressure him into doing it earlier because our marriage doesn't need that kind of strain. I'm sure the time will fly by.
We are going to try to do the next SA in a few weeks, and I have to have MORE blood drawn for the thyroid thing next week.
AND AF finally showed!!! And holy smokes, the cramps!!!!!!!! :growlmad: but at least my body is working :happydance:

Annie, any exciting plans for the weekend???

Ugh phone isn't working well. So having wine tonight.stupid body teased me again by having my temp go up this morning only to see a bfn! :(

Stephanie - sorry you have to wait more but compromise is good. And the time will go quickly! June will be here before we know it!

:growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad:

Karissa - are you sure??? Some women don't get a positive for a while after AF is due... Just wondering because your temp went up :shrug:

That stinks, I am so sorry it didn't work this month.. Why why why is this so hard???? :shrug: and yet there are people who should NOT be having babies that are having them all the time.
Ok, so you asked about IVF.. There are two different options I guess... The more affordable option is to take Clomid and therefore you may get anywhere from two to maybe four eggs... Obviously they may not all be of the best quality... The more expensive option is to take more intense drugs that hyper-stimulate your ovaries into a lot more possible eggs... Up to 20 or something like that.. Then hopefully you have a much better chance at having multiple quality eggs. Also, if multiple are fertilized, and they only transfer say 2 or 3, then you have the option of freezing the extras in case a) it doesn't work the first time and/or b) you want more babies in the future (all the work is already done).
So I'm no doctor and I'm sure my terms and stuff aren't exact but you get the point... We were told the more affordable option is around $6,000. The more expensive one can be up to $13,000..maybe even more.
My friend said that the BIG cost is the drugs.. They are super expensive. I think she said one of her prescriptions was over $2,000!!!
So, there you have it in a nutshell... I'm pretty sure the costs are pretty standard..
So, what to do, right??? I'll be completely honest with you.. I'm 37, Rock is 54.. We don't have a lot of time to mess around with this. I want my baby. We are fortunate enough that we can afford the more expensive option, so that's what our plan is. Now does that guarantee a pregnancy?? Not at all, but I am more comfortable knowing that I'll have hopefully a lot more chances this way AND if we can freeze some, that is an added bonus... :hugs:
A lot to think about and everyone is different.... I bought what to expect BEFORE you're expecting and some other book and they have A LOT of info about assisted conception....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->