Good News for Morning Sickness Sufferers!!!

adzuki

Mom to Miss M.
Reaction score
A friend sent this to me about the correlation between morning sickness and intelligence. Not to say that MS causes a higher IQ, but for some odd reason, there's a correlation.....

https://www.canada.com/Life/Morning+sickness+leads+smarter+kids+Study/1523961/story.html

:)
A

My fertility clinic said that uncomplicated nausea and vomited does result in better pregnancy outcomes. Thought that was very interesting.

Now your scaring me because I haven't had morning sickness. :cry:

Don't worry - my mom didn't have morning sickness with me, or with my sisters, and we all did really well in school ;) With my brother, however, she was sick the entire 9 months, and he just scraped by!!!

:)
A

This is exactly why I hate articles like this, which do not give any real information about the study, they say that the women had similar IQ's and came from similar socioeconomic backgrounds, but they're missing a massive influence by ignoring the role of the father's genes when it comes to IQ. There are no real facts here, no exact figures on the IQ scores or how many children of the MS mums had a significantly higher IQ. I am also sceptical about any studies that are funded by the companies who have an interest in the results that will help to promote their product.

This thing about morning sickness and miscarriage is misleading I think as well, despite what the midwife tells you. Could there not be a link to the fact that miscarriages are more likely to happen before 8 weeks, and A LOT of people that have perfectly healthy pregnancies do not develop morning sickness until after this time anyway, so it's a coincidence rather than a proven fact.

My mother did not have a single bout of MS with me or my 2 brothers, and we were all born healthy and we all have higher than average IQ's. Mine has been tested and I actually scored highly on the exact areas that they are cited in the article.

I would take it all with a large pinch of salt, and Shaunanicole try not to worry too much, it's different for everyone. I've only felt sick between 7 and 10 weeks when my MS went away and it has now come back over the last week, today was the 1st time that I have actually been sick and my bubs is fine at the mo

Sorry for the rant, but I have had so many people telling me things about pregnancy and miscarriage and MS that contradict each other and are negative.

Dom85, thanks for making me feel better about this and expressing your perspective of the "morning sickness theory". I guess it scares me a little that I haven't been sick yet. :shrug:

I thought you were going to be giving me a miracle cure :rofl:

Had loads with my 1st baby and none so far with this one! So don't worry girls it all varies :hugs:

I havent had sicknes either, just occasional nausea. Damn, i better start reciting Stephen Hawkins and Isaac Newtons books to my bump hadn't i! Haha.

Dont worry girls, i agree with Dom85, dont take these articles seriously. Enjoy your sickness free pegnancy lucky ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->