Got A Call From the Midwife ....

HollySSmith

Mommy and a bit pregnant!
Reaction score
My 20 week scan needs to be done again! I guess they are having trouble with the nuchal fold measurement. It was measured so far as 5.7mm twice and once at 4.3mm. Both are normal but the 5.7 is considered really high. The radiologist said that they want to confirm everything is 'normal' as they think a tech made a mistake. My midwife said all the other measurements came back fine (as well as my blood work). Anyone else go through this? Three separate scans for one measurement? Should I be worried? I've been crying all afternoon. I don't know what to think...
The next scan is on Monday, its killing me knowing I have to wait all weekend to sort things out...

Sorry hun I don't have any advice but didn't want to read & run... Here's lots of :hugs: and I'm sure all will be fine with your bubs xxx

i havent gotten measured at all... i had a ultrasound at 16 wks before i had my oB appointment.. my doctor is really weird and does a lot of things backwards and it left me not being able to find out the sex of the baby until it pops out..

my nuchal fold at 22 weeks was 5.1mm.....dont worry anything under 6mm is normal!! the NT thickness done at 11-13 weeks or whatever is different to the Nuchal FOLD thickness. the nuchal thickness is not something MANY hospitals bother with at the 20 week scan, its the 12 week one that counts

Dont worry, sounds normal to me xx

I know its difficult not to worry, but Im sure they have just got it wrong, especially as they have one measurement of 4.3 they couldn't have just made that up! Plus with everything else being within normal range and your bloods I think thats all positive signs. :)

Please dont worry hun, :hugs:and good luck for Monday xx

I just found a hospital website coz you got me thinking, like I said anything under 6mm is NORMAL!! especially if you had a normal result at the 12-14 week one. x

I had the scan done at 11 weeks and nuchal fold measured fine. The more I read the more I realize that this singular measurement is really meaningless on its own (it only has value when several other measurements are off as well). I just wish they could figure this out! DH is beside himself and we barely have spoken to each other all night. I'm pretty confident that things will be fine but he doesn't seem to think so (mind you he is very pessimistic)...I guess I just got scared!

I had the scan done at 11 weeks and nuchal fold measured fine. The more I read the more I realize that this singular measurement is really meaningless on its own (it only has value when several other measurements are off as well). I just wish they could figure this out! DH is beside himself and we barely have spoken to each other all night. I'm pretty confident that things will be fine but he doesn't seem to think so (mind you he is very pessimistic)...I guess I just got scared!

Men don't really know much about pregnancy and tests and measurements but they will feed off of us, so if your worried and concerned then he is going to be also.

I honestly don't think there is anything to worry about especially if your 12wk one came back all fine.

Be positive, tell hubby all is fine and just focus on the enjoyment of seeing your bubs again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->