Got a reply!! EDIT : EMAIL HAS BEEN SENT. PG 93 Subliminal messages on baby.tv ?!

Good its gone but they are trying to fob you off in my opinion - hence the gifts. I think I would be asking for an explanation still. As like sequeena has said, who knows what else is on there. And they obviously agree its inappropriate or they wouldn't remove it...

Whoaaa that is weird, so basically they are saying, yeah we aired something inappropriate, never mind have some freebies" ooohhh and thats how they get your address by luring you in with freebies, maybe there are no freebies they could be plotting something sinister! Yeah I have to stop reading ghost stories now lol :dohh:

Good its gone but they are trying to fob you off in my opinion - hence the gifts. I think I would be asking for an explanation still. As like sequeena has said, who knows what else is on there. And they obviously agree its inappropriate or they wouldn't remove it...

This, exactly. Obviously they agree it isn't appropriate hence why they have agreed to remove it.

I would reply back and explain how thankful you are for their prompt response/removal of the images etc, but I would also ask them why the were on in the first place and what they were supposed to have been depicting. I wouldn't let it go. I reckon the free goodies are a sweetener to stop you taking it further or to the press or something.

Well I emailed back basically saying I thank them for the apology and removing the sequence. I also accepted the gifts :haha: it's the least they could do for Paria, who's innocent eyes would of continued watching this is I hadn't had noticed. (Ahaha I want to see what the goodies are to be fair lol)

BUT i explained I wasn't satisfied with the apology as they havent given an explanation

Email was as follows :

Debbie,

Thank you for your quick response. Firstly as for the goodie bag I appreciate the offer. I think it's the least you can do for my daughter. Might seem silly because she is too young to understand but if it wasn't for me actually taking the time to watch the program, who knows how many years I would of let her watch these sequences with her innocent eyes being influenced by the negative messages you are portraying. That goes for other innocent babies and children too.

My address is as follows :

Again, thank you for your prompt reply and for your assurance that this clip has been removed from future programming.

However, I note you did not provide the explanation I requested for, why these inappropriate images appeared in the first place and what there intended meaning was. I would be grateful if you could do so and also give your assurance that nothing similar will be used on baby tv in the future.

My main aim in putting in a complaint was not to be fobbed off with one email containing a sorry, as I'm sure this situation will end up happening again and things of that nature will continue to air on your show, it was for an explanation of what these images were supposed to represent and WHY you chose to air them.

Until then I will not be satisfied with any apology you have to give, I hope you can understand.

I look forward to your response.

Roxanne Azar.

Love it, great response. Hopefully they'll come back to you just a quick again.

I think they did a good deal. They took it off and are sending free goodies to say sorry. And yes the response was very quick. I think they did a job well done, imo. There isn't a whole lot more they can do but say sorry and take it off.

I understand that you want the explanation obviously but it kinda sounds like she didn't realize they were that bad?

I think they did a good deal. They took it off and are sending free goodies to say sorry. And yes the response was very quick. I think they did a job well done, imo. There isn't a whole lot more they can do but say sorry and take it off.

They can give an explanation as to why :shrug: Which is what she was really asking for.

I edited above. The chick made it sound like she just didn't realize. To me at least.

Hmmmm, Interesting developments!

perhaps you could report it to OFCOM if you're not satisfied with the next reply?

On another note. I am only on page 50 of this thread. Need to keep reading it. lol.

I hope there are more scary stories to come! After I finish reading this thread I am going to look at reddit and creepypasta!

perhaps you could report it to OFCOM if you're not satisfied with the next reply?

That's what I'm considering! I don't actually care anymore if people think in going a bit too far, I firmly believe what they were showing was wrong and I can't for a minute believe they didn't even realise that themselves, they would have to be pretty dumb :haha: ..

OMG I can't believe that! You're definitely not going mad! Why whould they even show that!? :nope: x

That's what I'm considering! I don't actually care anymore if people think in going a bit too far, I firmly believe what they were showing was wrong and I can't for a minute believe they didn't even realise that themselves, they would have to be pretty dumb :haha: ..

I can understand. Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. :flower:

Of course I think you should do whatever you think is the appropriate course of action. It was your child watching it so maybe I would feel more strongly if it was my child watching it, iykwim? But I don't think you are taking it too far. Gotta take charge momma!

Ps. I watched the video and I love your accent. I am from Texas and they are going to LOVE it! Lol. Wait, you were moving there? Or someone else? I can't remember now. :dohh:

I can understand. Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. :flower:

Of course I think you should do whatever you think is the appropriate course of action. It was your child watching it so maybe I would feel more strongly if it was my child watching it, iykwim? But I don't think you are taking it too far. Gotta take charge momma!

Ps. I watched the video and I love your accent. I am from Texas and they are going to LOVE it! Lol. Wait, you were moving there? Or someone else? I can't remember now. :dohh:

Haha! Thanks! It was someone else! .. I though for a minute who's going to love it? Am I going to Texas? Wohooo lucky me lol :flower:

So I've had a reply, and I don't know why but it's really pissed me off ...

Dear Ms Azar
Please be assured that our intention was not to fob you off in anyway but to deal with the situation in the quickest and most effective manner. Our viewers are very important to us and we felt that as the clip had caused you offence the best course of action was to remove it entirely and immediately.

Our night-time programming is primarily designed for the first few months of a baby's life when many families experience sleepless nights, and the channel’s calm music can help in creating a relaxed atmosphere for both babies and parents.

To the specially designed soundtrack we chose to add mainly colourful abstract images that are pleasant and interesting to the eye but have no particular story as they play a secondary role in the night time programming.

There are many reasons for the night programmes to have the music as the more dominant element rather than the image, but we do so primarily because having a significant and interesting event on the television screen may stimulate rather than relax ,we therefor chose to design abstract continuous loops of colours and images .

With the collaboration of animation artists, all of whom are parents to young a babies themselves, we managed to create a large variety of aesthetically pleasing animation videos for the BabyTV night programming.

We appreciate the fact that you found the clip disturbing, although we have never received a complaint regarding the image you mentioned and it's been on air for many years, and having reviewed it again after hearing your interpretation we decided to accept your point of view and to remove the image.

We hope that you and your little one continue to join enjoy the channel.

Kind regards
Debbie

I'm afraid I think that's the best response you are going to get, it was most likely a mistake where someone didn't properly review the images before the went on screen/being aired xx

I'd be mad too. It's like they are not acknowledging that the clips are completely inappropriate. They are saying things like "no one else has complained" and "you found the clip disturbing" It's not about you finding the clip disturbing, it's about the fact that the clip IS disturbing and they missed it for many years. That is what they should have said. Not to mention the need to figure out where that clip came from and find out if anything similar is in any of their other programs. Ive never seen or heard of this show, but thank you for all your hard work. If people were not as observant and motivated to take action as you we would never make progress with these things.

I'd be mad too. It's like they are not acknowledging that the clips are completely inappropriate. They are saying things like "no one else has complained" and "you found the clip disturbing" It's not about you finding the clip disturbing, it's about the fact that the clip IS disturbing and they missed it for many years. That is what they should have said. Not to mention the need to figure out where that clip came from and find out if anything similar is in any of their other programs. Ive never seen or heard of this show, but thank you for all your hard work. If people were not as observant and motivated to take action as you we would never make progress with these things.

Ah thank you this means so much! Specially cos I'm starting to feel stupid but what you've just said makes me understand why I actually feel quite made right now. I don't really know what to do, if it's worth going any further or not. I feel like she was just going 'you you you'at me ... Grr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->