Got my BFP but am worried.....

Summer2105

Reaction score
I got my bfp on June 2nd, 12 dpo. I got positives on IC, FRER & CB digi. Lines were pretty good. Very clear but not super dark.

I am 31. DH is 30. We both have Hashimoto but are on levo. Neither of us have any fertility issues. We have 4 children (10, 6, 3 & 2) and 1 angel. I miscarried at 12 weeks (although baby stopped growing at 8 weeks.) Had a d&c. That was between baby #2 & #3. I took the loss very hard, as I'm sure we all do. My doctor said it was likely due to my thyroid. My levels were high and I needed an increase in my meds. After being on the new dose I got pregnant the next cycle. Our handsome little guy was born with Hypochondroplasia, a form of dwarfism. (He is doing well :) ) For my 3rd and 4th pregnancy I worried sooooooo much. Every time I went to the bathroom I checked for blood. Thankfully I went on to have healthy, happy babies.

I am now pregnant with baby #5. 2nd cycle trying. Now that fear is back. I really don't have any pregnancy symptoms at 16 dpo today. Breasts are a little tender, gassy but that's about it. I took a IC and FRER today and my lines ARE darker. I don't have pictures from my 12dpo tests to show you but the line is definitely darker. I've read through many posts and I see a lot of chemical pregnancies, which scare me. I don't know much about chemical pregnancies as I've never had one but would my line be this dark at 16dpo if it was a chemical? Just need some reassurance that everything should be ok. I go to my ob in 2 weeks and I am having my thyroid tested tomorrow. I usually need a dose increase in the beginning and middle of pregnancy. I know it's super important for me to get that tested now! Here's my test today at 16dpo. Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180606-202553.jpg
    Screenshot_20180606-202553.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20180606-202547.jpg
    Screenshot_20180606-202547.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20180606-202536.jpg
    Screenshot_20180606-202536.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20180606-202529.jpg
    Screenshot_20180606-202529.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 20
:hugs: sounds like you have been through a lot!!! Many hugs and congratulations to you and your family!!!

Soooo after four kids you probably know all of this...but wanted to write you anyway!!

Your line looks great and strong!!! :headspin:

The only thing I know for sure is that every pregnancy is different. Try not to read about the chemicals if you can help it. Once you’ve got a positive (which you clearly do!) the best thing you can do is stay healthy as best you can! Mentally and physically! Even though it seems impossible not to stress., try not to. Make sweet special time for yourself to relax and just have a minute. Even if it’s just to nip away for a little snack and flip through a magazine, let yourself do that. The worrying literally will change nothing and you totally deserve to enjoy this sweet moment in your life!! As of right now you are very much pregnant :flower:

As you already know, the strong majority of miscarriages are predetermined at conception, and there’s little any of us can do to change that. But the fact you’ve got that beautiful line in front of you says this is looking good!! So, right now, if you can, just try to do whatever to keep yourself at ease. Get those check ups with your doctor - if you feel like they aren’t fitting you in or taking you seriously -make them or find a new physician!!! Have your hubby take your kiddos out and take that time for yourself to relax! try to stop getting on the internet and comparing lines (as hard as that is!) and just know whatever happens..... you can do this! And we will all be here to support you every step of the way :flower:

Firstly congratulations <3 great line!

Like Bella said every pregnancy is different. Try not to compare to your previous pregnancies and others. Easier said than done so I hope you get some reassurance soon.

x

I&#8217;m sorry you have had to endure so much :hugs:
I honestly don&#8217;t think the strength of the tests matters so much as they continue to progress. Having said that I wouldn&#8217;t expect huge leaps too close together, so I wouldn&#8217;t worry if you do them daily and find there isn&#8217;t much difference because there will be in comparison to larger gaps apart.
I don&#8217;t think line strength can indicate with any real accuracy the outcome of a pregnancy, but it&#8217;s good you say the test is darker as that is a good sign. Could you book in for an earlier scan for reassurance?

Congratulations great line! I am with you on the worry and despair after 4 losses. Just take every day as it comes xxx good luck

Thank you ladies so much! I know it's easier said then done not to worry. I will try to keep positive. This is our last baby so I really want to enjoy it! I will be 6 weeks at my first appointment so I don't think I could get in any sooner. It's a little worrisome that I don't have any symptoms. I have 2 girls and 2 boys. The girls I didn't have morning sickness. I guess I didn't really have symptoms with them. Just fatigue. The boys I had morning sickness! So maybe it's a girl? Haha. I'm very busy so hopefully the next 2 weeks fly by and can see baby on the ultrasound! :)

:hugs: I've had a m/c before but I wasn't as far along as you were. I've always believed that, the more children we have, the more anxious we are in subsequent pregnancies. I worried daily about this pregnancy (baby #4) until I saw the hb at around 8 weeks. Then I worried again until my 12 week appointment. It's since turned to relief now that I'm closing in on 15 weeks, but I still have days where I worry. It's part of the process, especially for those of us who have had losses before.

Your lines look great. Mine didn't even get dark until after AF came and went. The only symptom I ever felt was fatigue (with a very brief stent- maybe 3 days- of nausea at week 8). Other than that, you'd never even know I was pregnant.

:hugs: I've had a m/c before but I wasn't as far along as you were. I've always believed that, the more children we have, the more anxious we are in subsequent pregnancies. I worried daily about this pregnancy (baby #4) until I saw the hb at around 8 weeks. Then I worried again until my 12 week appointment. It's since turned to relief now that I'm closing in on 15 weeks, but I still have days where I worry. It's part of the process, especially for those of us who have had losses before.

Your lines look great. Mine didn't even get dark until after AF came and went. The only symptom I ever felt was fatigue (with a very brief stent- maybe 3 days- of nausea at week 8). Other than that, you'd never even know I was pregnant.

Congratulations!

I always feel a little better after that 14th week. My husband was away (in the navy) so I postponed my first appointment. The night before he came home I started spotting. I was terrified going to the doctor the next morning. I guess I already knew. When the nurse said I'm not seeing a heart beat my heart just sank. She said she's go get the doctor to confirm. I still had a tiny bit of hope that she was wrong. The doctor came in and she confirmed. She said she'd give us a few minutes alone and to meet her in her office. As soon as she walked out the door I cried. It was a terrible day. And we still had 2 little girls to go home to. I wish no woman had to go through that. I feel so sad for those who've had several losses. I couldn't even imagine that. I'm going to hope and pray for a healthy baby and pregnancy and try to not stress!

If it helps at all - my sweet neighbor was literally so so sick with her son in the first trimester she had to call off work. Then when pregnant with her daughter she didn&#8217;t even find out she was expecting until 10 weeks in when she thought it was weird she hadn&#8217;t had a period in so long..... NO SYMPTOMS, or the ones she did have she chalked them up to just being a tired mommy :haha: so see? Every pregnancy is different! Don&#8217;t worry if you can help it!!! Prayers and healthy and happy 9 months to you!!!

If it helps at all - my sweet neighbor was literally so so sick with her son in the first trimester she had to call off work. Then when pregnant with her daughter she didn’t even find out she was expecting until 10 weeks in when she thought it was weird she hadn’t had a period in so long..... NO SYMPTOMS, or the ones she did have she chalked them up to just being a tired mommy :haha: so see? Every pregnancy is different! Don’t worry if you can help it!!! Prayers and healthy and happy 9 months to you!!!

It helps! Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->