Got my BFP, now anxious

kcmb0886

Reaction score
I wasn't really thinking we would be getting a BFP this cycle, but when I realized yesterday was at least 15dpo and my bbt hadn't dropped back down, I decided to use one of my cheapie test strips and almost instantly got my BFP. I'm really excited but I'm nervous because we just had a CP in the end of January and I'm not really having a lot of really obvious symptoms like I had in my last two pregnancies. My boobs don't really hurt and they hurt a few days before AF was due in each of my other pregnancies. The only really obvious symptom I have is round ligament pain when I stand up quickly or cough. I did see my doctor already yesterday and I also had a BFP urine hcg there, but they don't do beta-hcg arbitrarily. I take comfort in the fact that my uterus is already slightly enlarged on exam, so hopefully this little bean is growing properly and will stick around. I'm trying to maintain an appropriate level of pessimism so that if I lose this pregnancy, too, then it won't upset me as much.

At any rate, thank you all for reading my nutsy ramblings. Here's hoping we all get our BFPs and that they stick! <3

Congrats!!

It's so easy to get wrapped up in all the ways each pregnancy is different from others in an attempt to either convince ourselves to accept the worst or to give ourselves reassurance. The truth is that you could have 10 healthy pregnancies all ending with a live birth, and each one could be completely different from the last. It's natural for us try to find patterns, and god knows we are hyper in tuned with our bodies right now. Ultimately, there is nothing we could read, or find, or hear that will put our fears at ease. All we can do is accept what is now and here today, and try to find joy in it.

It is completely understandable that you are feeling that way. I was exactly the same when I was pregnant with my son as I'd had a chemical 3 months before and also a miscarriage at 6 weeks 5 months before that. I ended up paying for a private scan when I was 7 weeks and as soon as I saw that little heartbeat I felt a lot better.

Try not to worry. I know that's easier said than done :flower:

Thank you both. I'm starting to feel a little less anxious. My boobs even started to hurt yesterday and are getting worse. My bbts (I'm still charting against my better judgement because I knew I was having a miscarriage when they dropped drastically last time) have climbed up even higher than they were. I've made it two days longer than my CP so far and I'll feel a lot better when I hear a heartbeat, hopefully in two weeks at the dating US.

I'm glad you are starting to feel a little less anxious. Try to just take each day at a time. Wishing you all the best :hugs:

Well, I think this pregnancy is going to end up being another CP after all. My boobs are no longer really hurting much at all and my bbt this morning was a lot lower than it's been, although not near my cover line, but still not a good sign from experience with my last CP.:-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->