Got some not so great news at Doctor appointment today...

OMG! :) Well I admit I don't feel so random now, I guess I've joined the placenta previa club! lol :haha: And sounds like I'm doing good, I haven't had any bleeding at all. And as I said I'm mostly annoyed that I might have to change my birth plan and of course not thrilled about a C-section, though they do so many here in the states I'm not worried about it going wrong :winkwink:

We will have to update this thread as we get farther along and see who's placenta ends up moving :D Good luck to all of you too!

I'm in the States too :D I trust them 100% to do a section, I Just had 2 vaginal births already and would like to keeep it that way lol. Yes great Idea! I should be going in about 3 weeks to get my scan So I'll post back on this thread and update, and everyone else do the same :D

This is uncanny - every time I sit down to post on here someone has already posted my concern!I had scan today at 24wk and was really upset that my placenta is totally covering cervix and hasnt moved up since 20wk scan. Am just concerned about next few weeks up to next scan. Have been told no sex, no exercise and if still over at 28 to start maternity leave about 29/30 weeks. Has anyone been told this too?Or anymore info? xx

This is uncanny - every time I sit down to post on here someone has already posted my concern!I had scan today at 24wk and was really upset that my placenta is totally covering cervix and hasnt moved up since 20wk scan. Am just concerned about next few weeks up to next scan. Have been told no sex, no exercise and if still over at 28 to start maternity leave about 29/30 weeks. Has anyone been told this too?Or anymore info? xx

I have seen on other posts about this that they were told No sex? I wasn't though..?? was anyone else told no sex?

I was told that sex can cause bleeding when you have placenta previa. I'm sure if mine doesn't move I'll get more of the 411 and get a no no list, but right now since the placenta can still move, as it usually does, they aren't worried too much. :)

Im amazed that the placenta is able to travel around the uterus! This fact has stunned me since my first lol. Hope the placenta shifts for u all, good luck. And those extra scans r a bonus (i have growth scans during my pregnancies its nice to know whats going on in there lol) xxx

I was told by consultant not to have sex but this is at 24wk where the placenta is totally covering cervix. Its just that sex can start a bit of spotting which i really dont want. I was told I had lowlying placenta at 20wk and he didnt say anything then because he presumed it would start to move but as it hasnt he gave me the warning and the chat about maybe needing csection at 36wk.Have got another scan at 28wk and again at 32 (am high risk coz of other complications hence so much attention!!).Check with gp if not sure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->