Grandmothers on mothers day...am i being silly?

^ It's exactly that - i love her but shes not my kiddies mummy, and not even close to that description.

She makes a great Grandmother though, but this has so highlighted how commercial this is now, I'm scrolling through all the grandmother cards on moonpig to get to mothers cards (with a new slight rage :rofl:)

Step away from Moonpig AP. Its not good for the stress levels :rofl:

It wouldn't occur to me to get my mum and MIL something from the kids, it's Mother's Day, although saying that I sign the card from all of us, but she doesn't get a grandma card.....I just don't get it, I'm thanking her for being a brilliant mum just because she's a grandma now doesn't stop her being my mum and that is what we're "celebrating", it's a totally separate issue.

We don't get the grannys cards on Mother's day. I've never gotten my granny's cards either I don't think!

I am completely with you and i probably sound like a total bitch but, the girls Grandparents only ever get the good, they don't get the screaming tantrums, the twice a week stomach problems Evelyn has, they don't deal with the financial issues, the late nights, the all nighters, they didn't spend 10 months barely sleeping because Ivy could only sleep in my arm, they didn't deal with the 3 bouts of croup, bronchitis, dislocated arm and constant other sickness.
Any day they get the girls to me is their Grandparents day because they have the best time, they get the laughs and the cuddles.
So for me Mothers day is just for Mothers, i get my Mum a card and a present, MIL gets one and i do.
I've never done the grandparent card thing.

God how much of a bitch am i :haha:

Nah ur not a bitch.. What U say is completely fair. I only buy for mothers but I sign from all of us as in my mind we all send our love. I do that with everything tho. Although tbh I don't think anyone would notice if I didn't. Both of our parents are v much like don't get me anything and are happy with what they do get x

I feel the same hun, I wouldnt (and havent) get my Mum a card from my little people because she hasnt been their Mummy, hasnt been through everything we have together. I certainly wouldnt get the MIL one :haha:

NM might make her one though, more cos she loves making cards than anything and I feel that is different because she is choosing to do it and say I love you. I know that sounds weird.

I never did get cards for my Nana but OH does, so that's what we still do. This year I've been a shit daughter and forgotten about Mother's Day so chances are the are wont even get there in time lol xx

This is my first Mother's Day (although I did get a 'from the bump' card last year) and I'd be pretty upset too if df thought of his mum before me even though it sounds selfish. The good thing is he doesn't speak to her anymore, so his step mum and my mum will get cards, signed by us but not Lucy. I find it weird if I'm honest to give grandparents cards, like pp have said they're not caring for the child full time. Df's bio mum is defo the type that would have kicked off over Mother's Day not being about her. She wouldn't consider me at all I believe that completely, and I'm glad I don't have to put up with her shit anymore but there you go ;)

My best friend got my something for Mother's Day (I think this is incase df forgets lol) which I thought was sweet of her. She says I deserve it and I'm there for her more than her own mum, although I want to know what it is now :p

Think it depends on your situation :) some people will do it for grannies others won't! Think it depends how much the gran is involved :)

My view is that I'm Ajays mum, my hubbie is his mums child so ajay gets me a card and my hubbie gets his mum a card - simple. I'm his mum, I get the card (note: I have real MIL issues off and on so slightly biased!) x

I agree out of ban fear :lol:

I'm kidding but no. My mum gets because she's MY mum. Yes my gran helped my mum out when we were younger but she's not my mum she didn't make the same sacrifices my mum did for me, she also didn't bring my mum up very well although I'm not disputing I'm sure she made sacrifices for my mum. So no. Mum does things for her though.
Plus I dunno how you mil is now but I think I remember some issues there. So no no no Mother's Day only.

We do cards for the grandparents too. I think it's sweet. When dh and I didn't think we'd ever have our own kids, my sil used to always get me a Mother's Day card (labeled for an auntie) from my nephew, and it really warmed my heart. I just look at Mother's Day as celebrating women in general who are positive figures in our lives, if that makes sense. If it really upsets you though, maybe talk to your dh again?

:rofl: shes lucky she's getting any card now, she told him last night i would leave him if he kept putting weight on. He hasnt put any weight on :dohh: he was quite upset! So was I - does she think I'm that shallow?!

We sent her a card from him in the end, that "granny" card remains on the shelf. She can have her own day.

We always get the grandmothers cards because they are all mothers and deserve appreciation - I am thankful to my MIL for having raised my DH into a wonderful man and for always supporting us. I would hate to think the day belonged to me, I don't see it as yours or mine - that's what birthdays are for, mothers day is for celebrating mothers - all of them, but that's just my opinion.

I used to give my Nan something and now I get my mum n Nan something from lo. Oh never used to n saw no point in doing so but because I do it he's started to get his mum something. Honestly it annoys me because lo is so close to my mum n Nan but not mil, it's the same with fils birthday cards he always gets him the best grandad in the world cards which I hate because fil pays her no attention and has be nasty about her in the past. It makes me feel like he's trying to some way compete our families. I'm dreading them finding out I'm pregnant, oh has already been warned things with the in laws will be completely different than they were last time.

I dont think it is about it belonging to anyone but celebrating her as a mother not a grandmother. I see it as she gets the best of both worlds, celebrated on Sunday for the mother she is and in October for the granny she is :thumbup:

In Spain mother's day is for mothers alone, never heard of anyone giving cards and gifts to their grandma. When I taught in primary I helped make thousands of presents and cards and not once did the kid mention making an extra one for grandma

My mother makes herself the most important person on mother's day, she always has done. I have to revolve the entire day around her, which means I don't get to enjoy mother's day myself, despite the fact that I'm a mother.

And I'm an only child, so it means I alone have to lavish the attention on my mother.

I love my mam and all, but she's not the only mother, I'm a mummy too, but I don't get to enjoy the day at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->