Grandmothers on mothers day...am i being silly?

We don't do anything tbh but sent a card from me and the kids, to my gran, and one to MIL. I almost had a meltdown in the aisle of the shop trying to pick them, ended up getting the same card twice lol. To me the whole thing is just another bloody reminder of who isn't here any more :(

We don't do anything tbh but sent a card from me and the kids, to my gran, and one to MIL. I almost had a meltdown in the aisle of the shop trying to pick them, ended up getting the same card twice lol. To me the whole thing is just another bloody reminder of who isn't here any more :(

:hugs:

For mil she gets one card hubby signs it off all of us.
But my mother does get a card off me and dh and then one off the kids I've always bought my grandmother a Mother's Day card as she is a massive part of my life she is always there for me helps me out money wise and any way she can with the kids so is like a second mother too me and my mum is the same to my kids she is there when they r sick she's there when they have tantrums she is a huge part of their lives and I feel they should respect that and thank her so they give her a card and a small gift.

For mil she gets one card hubby signs it off all of us.
But my mother does get a card off me and dh and then one off the kids I've always bought my grandmother a Mother's Day card as she is a massive part of my life she is always there for me helps me out money wise and any way she can with the kids so is like a second mother too me and my mum is the same to my kids she is there when they r sick she's there when they have tantrums she is a huge part of their lives and I feel they should respect that and thank her so they give her a card and a small gift.

If that were me, I'd do the same <3

But my MIL doesnt have that kind of relationship which brought me to this question. i found it confusing, because ive always done it for my gran, she brought me up practically.

In the end I got DH to send her a card from him and when it comes to the kids she can have her day in relation to them on Grandparents Day. They wont have to share that with me either, win win :haha:

Thinking about this thread today OH said "oh we've got to get nan cards" and i was like "no we bloody don't" haha

We do mothers only but we all sign our name on the cards for mine and OHs mum

This :)

We don't do individual presents or cards from LO's to Nan's, their mine and OH's mum, I'm theirs so their cards should be to me IMO. I do though sign their names in my cards :flower:

well oh always send greetings to his mom because it is his mom. :haha: not because it is lo gran.

I get a card from the kids for the grandmas, I've always done it for my grandma so never really thought anything about it.

I do end up feeling a little deflated though, not with them with my hubby, because I make more of an effort for his mum than he does for me. Last year he forgot altogether and I had to spend the day visiting our mums and giving them their cards (one from us, one from the kids), whilst I didn't get anything from the kids not even a card. Then hubby thinks I overreact when I get upset about it!

ETA: and on Sunday his excuse was 'Your not my mum your the kids mum' :growlmad:

:hugs: Feltzy, he could have made the effort on their behalf :hugs:

My mum never got a thing from me or the kids, not even a happy Mother's Day on facebook

My gran on the other hand has been the for me and I have always given her something, I sign the card from me, dh and the kids

:hugs: Feltzy, he could have made the effort on their behalf :hugs:

I know AtomicPink, he's said he was only joking but I think I'm quite sensitive about it since he doesn't seem to make an effort. A lot different to how he gets treated on fathers day anyway!

I'm not complaining though he has his good points too, I just don't think he 'gets' it. My brothers are the same when it comes to birthdays etc, it just seems to be the men in my life!

My LO made a card for my mum because we are really close, he stays their at the weekends and for farthers day he will make my dad a grandad one too. If we weren't close and she didn't do so much for us though I wouldn't. Like I wouldn't get one for his other nan who doesn't bother even asking how he is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->