Green poo and popping off!

Cookie1979

Reaction score
For the last couple of weeks my babies poo has been green, sometimes its quite dark green and its really stinky. Before it was the normal yellow colour, I haven't changed anything, he's on sma gold stage 1. He also pops off alot (now i'm a mum I say pop off or windy pops lol).

Do you think its the formula and therefore should I change? Or is it likely that if sma does this to him the rest will?

Makes me wonder if he has an uncomfortable tummy because of the wind, but he seems alright most of the time.

I mentioned it to the doctor and he said green poo isn't anything to worry about, so I'm not worried, but would like it to go back to normal cos to be honest they blimin reek!!

I've just posted a very similar question! I switched from bf to sma gold last weekend, and since my LOs poop has been green and really, really stinky!! She also pops off a lot too, and they stink aswell! :haha:

sorry - thats not very helpful tho lol

Ha ha at least I'm not the only one with this problem!

Anyone have any ideas?

Now this is only what ive heard & the HV has told me

Sma can agree with some babies, but others it can be a problem...Could be thats your LO, mayby talk with your HV :flower:

green poop is quite common in ff babies, my ds is fed on sma gold also and has very stinky green poops too. My dd was also fed on sma gold and was exactly the same. As long as your baby is well, feeding and having plenty of wet/dirty nappies then they are fine. My dd had green poop right up until she was weaned and im sure ds will be the same too. Dont worry too much about it :D

My lo one has been on Sma since born and his poos have always been green lol but he gets farty sorry tmi lol a wee bit before he does a poop xx

thanks ladies!! I did abit of googling and apparently poos are green because of the iron, dont know if thats true, but perhaps there is just a little bit too much iron in the formula for them.

I spose I will have to put up with it, he was doing so well on sma.

I will mention it to the HV at my postnatal group and see what she thinks, someone told me Hipp Organic is abit gentler on their tums. When I started out I tried him on Cow and Gate and Aptimil but both gave him diarreah whereas he was absolutely fine on SMA so I stuck with it, then weeks and weeks down the line they went green and stinky!!

The problem with them being so stinky is I cant get my husband to change pooey nappies, the drama queen acts like he's going to pass out!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->