Grooming...

Like I said, I know I am beautiful inside and out and I don;t care what people think cause I don't fit a certain part especially coming from New York, I only care what my family and friends think :hugs: And by the way people could care less what you wear, you could walk around naked and they probably would not even notice :thumbup:

I just wonder how she came to the conclusion that it is because they are pregnant that they let themselves go. If their house,husband,kids and clothes are "nasty" maybe they are like that all the time and thats how they choose to live,it seems a bit silly to suddenly start living like that if they didnt previously! :)

I just wonder how she came to the conclusion that it is because they are pregnant that they let themselves go. If their house,husband,kids and clothes are "nasty" maybe they are like that all the time and thats how they choose to live,it seems a bit silly to suddenly start living like that if they didnt previously! :)

I agree. When i go to school to dop my 11 yr old off you have to see some of these women :dohh: high heels tight jeans make up hair, where the hell are you going to drop your kids off at school :wacko: me ,I am in running shoes, hair all over the place and one eye open from being exhausted, I could care less what others think, i don't need to impress the school. My son is clean I am clean my house has always been immaculate. I just don't get this thread is all.

I've been following this thread very closely and have realised that I am "nasty". I have therefore been in touch with my good friend Waynetta and she thinks there is always room for improvement and suggests I pimp my look as follows:

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2208/5713047050_d584025393_s.jpg

What do reckon ladies?

Pip x

I've been following this thread very closely and have realised that I am "nasty". I have therefore been in touch with my good friend Waynetta and she thinks there is always room for improvement and suggests I pimp my look as follows:

What do reckon ladies?

Pip x

Thanks Pip, this made me laugh! x

I know a lots of women in their 40's who are pregnant and look like they don't care about grooming and dressing up nice...they say-I am older as it is and pregnant so why bother...I am 41(soon 42) even though you'd never guess my age but even though it's sometimes hard I keep up with grooming.I wear make up every day,I like to dress nicely even though I am bigger now and showing a lot,I still like to have high heels if going somewhere special...have my nails and toes painted even though toes are very hard to do,hahaha,but I just don't see reason to be all nasty just because I am over 40 and pregnant.
What do you think ladies?

Sorry I just got excited seeing you are from New York I am also. So good to see a New Yorker here also :hugs:

Hello!:winkwink:

I never wear make up only when I go out out that is why my skin is perfect and my lips need nothing , it's because as I was growing up I never really wore a lot of make up or concealer so my face never turned where I would need to wear it everyday. When you use a lot of make up every single day your skin gets used to looking that way and your natural look goes out the window cause your skin is so used to the make up. I wear a lot of active gear , i walk and run 5 miles a day and I feel more comfortable in that and sneakers are my choice, only flip flops I love them also. I only wear my louboutin's when I go out out, i don't need to impress anyone, My house is spotless and i do that myself also. Whatever you feel comfortable with you do and who am I to judge anyone anyway, it's the person's heart not her clothes and make up that i care about. :flower:

Of course I don't wear mu all the time,at home,to the store etc...but what I mean is to when you go somewhere..even if I go shopping half a day I'd like to look lovely and I love make up because I used to wrk with it(make up artist) so some of my coworkers would be very nice ladies,all fixed up and then with pregnancy-they looked horrible...even after they didn't take care of themselves any more...When I had my first baby they were calling me-red toes-in the hospital...because when I came to have a baby I was freshly manicured,pedicured,looking like I am on red carpet...but I am just that type...and soon as I had baby,(3 mos after) I was back to my normal wght I wanted to look good again.My home is spotless too,even with 2 little kids they were asking me how i can keep it up like that..but that's why you could never tell I had baby after few months of both births(from 168lbs back to 118-but if I was sitting down,doing nothing,I'd be 200lbs now....) It's true,it's the heart but be honest-isn't it nicer to see someone looking nice than looking dirty???

I think the starter of this thread just wanted to let people know how fabulous and youthfull she is! lol :)

Why not! I feel so confident with myself as far as that part goes...I love myself.And no one will if you don't! So yes I am so youthfull,I am fabulous I have a big heart too I am very nice overall-and this what other tell me,I don't even have to-but if you like me to agree on that-here you go!:happydance::winkwink:

This thread has made me laugh so much I think a little bit of wee might have come out! :rofl: Thank goodness my fat ass is sat on a leather sofa - wipe clean you see! Shame about my make-up running with the tears!

Pip x

Like I said, I know I am beautiful inside and out and I don;t care what people think cause I don't fit a certain part especially coming from New York, I only care what my family and friends think :hugs: And by the way people could care less what you wear, you could walk around naked and they probably would not even notice :thumbup:

I don't care about because I am in NY.I don't like it here that much anyway.(Dirty streets,buildings with graffiti,etc etc)I came from Cali actually...but originaly I am from one nice European country that has standards about women and grooming,so maybe I have different opinion.Here everyone is like,who cares but to me that's not how it always suppose to be...As I say-don't do it for people -do it for yourself and your hubby or BF...they love to see groomed woman-trust me!!! No matter what they tell you....

This thread has made me laugh so much I think a little bit of wee might have come out! :rofl: Thank goodness my fat ass is sat on a leather sofa - wipe clean you see! Shame about my make-up running with the tears!

Pip x

THAT WAS THE POINT!!!! :happydance:

Pip x

LOL :coffee:

I HAVE EYES!!!! and do not wear glasses yet! And they are here around me for 10 yrs now(wrk,street,store,so I do see the differences looking at them every day or even knowing them privat):winkwink:

It gets better. As a specs wearer I guess I'd best go shoot myself now. I'm clearly over the hill, past my prime etc etc.

I'm off to get a life. If they're on offer does anyone else want one?!!!

Pip x

Of course I don't wear mu all the time,at home,to the store etc...but what I mean is to when you go somewhere..even if I go shopping half a day I'd like to look lovely and I love make up because I used to wrk with it(make up artist) so some of my coworkers would be very nice ladies,all fixed up and then with pregnancy-they looked horrible...even after they didn't take care of themselves any more...When I had my first baby they were calling me-red toes-in the hospital...because when I came to have a baby I was freshly manicured,pedicured,looking like I am on red carpet...but I am just that type...and soon as I had baby,(3 mos after) I was back to my normal wght I wanted to look good again.My home is spotless too,even with 2 little kids they were asking me how i can keep it up like that..but that's why you could never tell I had baby after few months of both births(from 168lbs back to 118-but if I was sitting down,doing nothing,I'd be 200lbs now....) It's true,it's the heart but be honest-isn't it nicer to see someone looking nice than looking dirty???[/QUOTE]

OK I'm really confused by this thread. Basically you are saying here that your co-workers were very well groomed and then when they got pregnant they became dirty because they didn't wear make up anymore?
Each time you post something you change what you are saying....

I agree. When i go to school to dop my 11 yr old off you have to see some of these women :dohh: high heels tight jeans make up hair, where the hell are you going to drop your kids off at school :wacko: me ,I am in running shoes, hair all over the place and one eye open from being exhausted, I could care less what others think, i don't need to impress the school. My son is clean I am clean my house has always been immaculate. I just don't get this thread is all.

see,but this is wrong..because in my country that is how you drop of your child...and when you go running to the park,you have running shoes on...so maybe those ladies have different standards than americans...I was always dying from laughing to see women going home from wrk in nice wrk attire and running shoes...I'd never ever not even in my dreams do this back home...but here it's normal.Looks terrible,but noone gives a s.......

But one thing is YOU HAVE TO ADMIT;THIS THREAD made you think more positive than those about bad things happened in pregnancy....See instead of reading about bad things and what could happen at certain week,I am laughing here how women are always women,no matter what..and forgetting about bad NT's and results and so on...looks maybe negative but it's not :)))
Hey ladies,please don't be mad.we all have our opinions and that's all! Enjoy

What do reckon ladies?

Pip x

You are too much, Pip. Love you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back