Grooming...

Bebica

Reaction score
I know a lots of women in their 40's who are pregnant and look like they don't care about grooming and dressing up nice...they say-I am older as it is and pregnant so why bother...I am 41(soon 42) even though you'd never guess my age but even though it's sometimes hard I keep up with grooming.I wear make up every day,I like to dress nicely even though I am bigger now and showing a lot,I still like to have high heels if going somewhere special...have my nails and toes painted even though toes are very hard to do,hahaha,but I just don't see reason to be all nasty just because I am over 40 and pregnant.
What do you think ladies?

I think calling ladies "nasty" just because they're not vain enough to feel the need to wear make-up everyday is a little shallow, to be honest. :dohh:

You did ask!

I know a lots of women in their 40's who are pregnant and look like they don't care about grooming and dressing up nice...they say-I am older as it is and pregnant so why bother...I am 41(soon 42) even though you'd never guess my age but even though it's sometimes hard I keep up with grooming.I wear make up every day,I like to dress nicely even though I am bigger now and showing a lot,I still like to have high heels if going somewhere special...have my nails and toes painted even though toes are very hard to do,hahaha,but I just don't see reason to be all nasty just because I am over 40 and pregnant.

Well if you don't wash your hair the whole week,wearing same shirt and pants that long too,live in a house without cleaning -IT'S NASTY
And you are blaiming it on pregnancy...C'mon,you ain't sick-you are pregnant! If there is a problem and you need to rest-it's understanding,but if everything is ok-there's no question.It's not make up at all,I just wrote it because that's what I do.But general hygiene is A MUST.Don't you think?
The quest was-what do you think and in which group do you belong to?

Well if you don't wash your hair the whole week,wearing same shirt and pants that long too,live in a house without cleaning -IT'S NASTY
And you are blaiming it on pregnancy...C'mon,you ain't sick-you are pregnant! If there is a problem and you need to rest-it's understanding,but if everything is ok-there's no question.It's not make up at all,I just wrote it because that's what I do.But general hygiene is A MUST.Don't you think?
The quest was-what do you think and in which group do you belong to?

That is not what you said in your first post whatsoever.

I think it has feck all to do with what group you belong to!!

Each to their own, if your friends want to wash their hair once a week that's their business - who are you to judge?

Different people have different standards of general hygiene, each to their own again.

But I certainly don't think washing your hair once a week -v- every day or wearing make up -v- not wearing make-up constitutes general hygiene??

I think this is a very shallow thread and has certainly left a bad taste in my mouth! :growlmad:

OMG, I have to wash my hair at least everyother day or it goes all horrid I have very fine long blonde hair that just looks "nasty" if I don't wash it enough. lol
I think it is very improtant for ones self to feel good about themselves - now if that involves putting on makeup and doing their nails then great:thumbup:
I too like to make the effort and look nice for not just myself but my DF and I know he appreciates it. I can't wear heels at the moment due to a bad leg injury and I miss my shoes:cry:
I think what you are maybe trying to say is just because you're pregnant it doesn't mean letting go of your self respect (whatever that may be to you)
:hugs::hugs:

OMG, I have to wash my hair at least everyother day or it goes all horrid I have very fine long blonde hair that just looks "nasty" if I don't wash it enough. lol
I think it is very improtant for ones self to feel good about themselves - now if that involves putting on makeup and doing their nails then great:thumbup:
I too like to make the effort and look nice for not just myself but my DF and I know he appreciates it. I can't wear heels at the moment due to a bad leg injury and I miss my shoes:cry:
I think what you are maybe trying to say is just because you're pregnant it doesn't mean letting go of your self respect (whatever that may be to you)

I think if that's what she's trying to say, then she should have put in better words rather than "nasty"

I hear what you're saying about feeling good about themselves, but what I am saying is what one person needs to do about feeling good about themselves is not the same for another.

Why do we feel the need to judge and pigeon hole people, why can we not just let people be?

I think if that's what she's trying to say, then she should have put in better words rather than "nasty"

I hear what you're saying about feeling good about themselves, but what I am saying is what one person needs to do about feeling good about themselves is not the same for another.

Why do we feel the need to judge and pigeon hole people, why can we not just let people be?

:thumbup:

I plan on maintaining the same level of self care as I did before I got pregnant.

Exactly what I mean...be what you were before pregnancy,that's my point,that abviously women here took it as I talk about them for some reason :)))
Why stop grooming,my thing is-pregnancy is not illness,it's just stage that lasts 9 mos and what's nicer than see nice looking groomed pregnant woman?! At least,i'd do it for my hubby :kiss:

Exactly what I mean...be what you were before pregnancy,that's my point,that abviously women here took it as I talk about them for some reason :)))
Why stop grooming,my thing is-pregnancy is not illness,it's just stage that lasts 9 mos and what's nicer than see nice looking groomed pregnant woman?! At least,i'd do it for my hubby :kiss:

I didn't think you spoke about me at all, I do groom myself and look after myself the same way now as I did before I was pregnant, I just thought your post was un-necessarily harsh and critical of those that don't and wondered why the hell does it matter to you?

One thing that really gets my goat is the way people judge others for being different, whether that be because they're not so interested in personal grooming, or getting manicures and pedicures or whether they have purple hair or are covered in tattoos and piercings. I really do believe it is each to their own regardless of the situation.

I don't ever see a pregnant lady who has no make up on and scraped back hair and think check the state of her, doesn't she look nasty.

I always try to make an effort. I want to look good. I love clothes. I dont buy fancy creams and wear minimal make up but i still enjoy making an effort and have done all my life. Oh and im 43 although many are shocked when i tell them that!

I didn't think you spoke about me at all, I do groom myself and look after myself the same way now as I did before I was pregnant, I just thought your post was un-necessarily harsh and critical of those that don't and wondered why the hell does it matter to you?

One thing that really gets my goat is the way people judge others for being different, whether that be because they're not so interested in personal grooming, or getting manicures and pedicures or whether they have purple hair or are covered in tattoos and piercings. I really do believe it is each to their own regardless of the situation.

I don't ever see a pregnant lady who has no make up on and scraped back hair and think check the state of her, doesn't she look nasty.

well,where i am coming from,grooming is very very important to women.you don't come out a block from a house if you're not dressed nicely and look decent at least.I grew up looking my parents,their friends,my family all looking nice all the time(unless they were sick or so) so where i am right now it's so shocking to see nasty AND YES NASTY WOMEN all around,that is not because they do not like make up or nice clothes,it's because they are dirty,their kids are dirty,husbands...homes are dirty.So to me that is a no-no and yes,because of that difference that I am used to and many many women from the part of the world I am from,I do look and comment.At the end,I am woman and I do comment as most women do.I don't care about purple hair(mine was flame red just recently) or tattoos-I'd have one too,piercings(have nose pierced) or anything like that.I love when someone have a style but don't like nastiness...and here in my part of the wrld,nasty is word we use to describe exactly what i just described above.Maybe where you are,has a different meaning.I didn't want to stir anything here,just asked simple question,because I always have an issue with pregnancy and lack of will to groom JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS PREGNANT and uses it as an excuse.Hope you can understand,this isn't for you to argue ,it's free world,we can judge if we want and discuss...So if you don't do it,I do and believe some other women do too.:coffee:

i disagree completly with the person that started this thread i never wear makeup unless going somewhere special and thats just lip gloss i dont feel need to as i have lovely skin am 40 with not a wrinkle in sight i wash my hair once a week with water because thats what suits my hair i think calling any women nasty 4 not doing x,y, or z is your problem no one elses i dont do nail polish because of the chemicals in it i eat lots of greens lots of fresh fruits and that shows in my skin and hair and could not give 2 hoots what everyone else is doing

Sorry I just got excited seeing you are from New York I am also. So good to see a New Yorker here also :hugs:

I never wear make up only when I go out out that is why my skin is perfect and my lips need nothing , it's because as I was growing up I never really wore a lot of make up or concealer so my face never turned where I would need to wear it everyday. When you use a lot of make up every single day your skin gets used to looking that way and your natural look goes out the window cause your skin is so used to the make up. I wear a lot of active gear , i walk and run 5 miles a day and I feel more comfortable in that and sneakers are my choice, only flip flops I love them also. I only wear my louboutin's when I go out out, i don't need to impress anyone, My house is spotless and i do that myself also. Whatever you feel comfortable with you do and who am I to judge anyone anyway, it's the person's heart not her clothes and make up that i care about. :flower:

it's the person's heart not her clothes and make up that i care about. :flower:

I've never worn much makeup at all, though I have it for "emergencies" in my closet. In fact, I refuse to dye the roots of my hair right now which are full of grey because I don't want to harm my baby. I suppose that may seem like I'm unkept to some, but having lost a baby preterm, my focus is on my child, my beauty is within.

What you speak of is vanity. I'm a Central New Yorker and I've NEVER seen anyone wear runway clothes or "fit the part" everyday unless they're career demands it. In fact, my cousin works for Ralph Lauren in the city and she wears no makeup whatsoever. She's BEAUTIFUL!

Here's an old Proverb that fits this post very well...
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears (respects)the LORD is to be praised.:winkwink::flower:

I think the starter of this thread just wanted to let people know how fabulous and youthfull she is! lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->