Grooming...

Of course I don't wear mu all the time,at home,to the store etc...but what I mean is to when you go somewhere..even if I go shopping half a day I'd like to look lovely and I love make up because I used to wrk with it(make up artist) so some of my coworkers would be very nice ladies,all fixed up and then with pregnancy-they looked horrible...even after they didn't take care of themselves any more...When I had my first baby they were calling me-red toes-in the hospital...because when I came to have a baby I was freshly manicured,pedicured,looking like I am on red carpet...but I am just that type...and soon as I had baby,(3 mos after) I was back to my normal wght I wanted to look good again.My home is spotless too,even with 2 little kids they were asking me how i can keep it up like that..but that's why you could never tell I had baby after few months of both births(from 168lbs back to 118-but if I was sitting down,doing nothing,I'd be 200lbs now....) It's true,it's the heart but be honest-isn't it nicer to see someone looking nice than looking dirty???

NO-IT;S NOT MAKE UP IT'S HYGIENE OVERALL!!!! they change everything...dressing,cleaning clothes,hair,themselves in general,all....and not only them,all the other ones i see and know through the yrs...and stayed like that because THEY DON'T HAVE TIME BEING GROOMED BECAUSE OF THE BABY..i've had a baby that was not well,born at 24 weeks alone single mom with no sleep for two straight yrs and I know what i am talking about.But had 2 actually at the time..alone with spotless home i spotless self...so if I could do it,everyone can...trust me!

OK I'm really confused by this thread. Basically you are saying here that your co-workers were very well groomed and then when they got pregnant they became dirty because they didn't wear make up anymore?
Each time you post something you change what you are saying....[/QUOTE]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,this is getting boring now! :(

Bebica, I think you come from a different planet sweetheart, not a different country, by Cali, do you mean Colombia?? :wacko:

Regardless, the more you type, the more derogatory bollox comes out your mouth towards other women!!!

As for me, I am very happy with me in my world, I might be overweight, I might not bother my arse washing my hair every day and stick it up in pins instead, jeepers, I might even wear the same top or trousers two days in a row - AND?? That's my decision, my speccy-fat-arsed decision - but I don't feel the need to blow bubbles up my own arse whilst ripping shreds off of those different to me on the world wide web!!

I know for certain there are things WAY higher on my list of priorities than wearing makeup, grooming to take kids to school, losing weight as quick as I can after having kids, etc., etc., Does that make me feel bad - does it hell. Does that make my husband repulse each time he looks at me - does it hell.

The kind of man that likes an immaculately groomed woman all day every day is not the kind of man I'm with and not likely to be the kind of man I'd ever be with - my man cannot stand vacuous, vain, high maintenance bints!! He likes a woman with a bit of substance, personality and heart - most of these vain people are so obsessed by what they look like on the outside they actually forget about how to connect with the inside - and others for that point!!

It's what lie beneath that counts sweetheart, soooo much more than what polyfiller and cement is on your coupon :dohh:

And as for being a funny thread, I don't think it is - other than some of the funny posts other ladies have posted.

I find it a very derogatory, shallow minded thread!!

But then, that's just my opinion!!

At first when I read this thread I thought oh that is nice how you decide for yourself how to keep yourself , but now it is getting a bit insulting, maybe you didn't intend that but you come across from your posts like your some kind of big star and this and that. And I didn't appreciate the New York comment being dirty, New York is beautiful and home to most of the richest people in the world and I myself have met Robert Deniero and Al Pacino and Madonna and walking around NY you see many celebrities who not only look like they just came out of bed but who could care less, that is what is great about New York rich, middle class or poor we all don't care what we look like. Maybe you don't mean to be insulting but you are getting to be. I am sorry I don't mean to be rude or anything I am just giving you my opinion. You don't judge someone on their looks, that is just ridiculous .
Thank You

Bebica
Do you not have make up to apply or a house to clean your comments are way out of order
Thank god i dont know any women like you
And if there is a choice between being self obsessed and being Nasty i think i will stick with the latter
I thought Pregnant and over 35 was going to have women with commen sense but you are irritating:nope:

Ive just been showing my OH this thread,regardless to say he said he would much rather have a woman with a brain than a barbie doll. I rest my case :)

At first when I read this thread I thought oh that is nice how you decide for yourself how to keep yourself , but now it is getting a bit insulting, maybe you didn't intend that but you come across from your posts like your some kind of big star and this and that. And I didn't appreciate the New York comment being dirty, New York is beautiful and home to most of the richest people in the world and I myself have met Robert Deniero and Al Pacino and Madonna and walking around NY you see many celebrities who not only look like they just came out of bed but who could care less, that is what is great about New York rich, middle class or poor we all don't care what we look like. Maybe you don't mean to be insulting but you are getting to be. I am sorry I don't mean to be rude or anything I am just giving you my opinion. You don't judge someone on their looks, that is just ridiculous .
Thank You

Lets not forget that New York isn't about you down-staters either. We have the Fingerlakes wine countries, beautiful scenic views and it's nothing like New York the City. We have beautiful lakes, changing of the leaves, Farm country and so much more.

I sometimes get sick of people forgetting that there's more to New York state than New York City. Just because people are rich or stars reside somewhere doesn't mean that because they are elite the rest of the state is obsolete. I know plenty of beautiful people ALL over New York state, not just the city and not just rich stars. THEY are not what makes New York, New York...The melting pot of different people are what makes New York as a whole.

This thread has honestly become worse than the teen threads on this board. I often times wonder how mature a 5 year old can be more than a 40 year old. :wacko: Please don't make staff here wonder if they made the wrong decision to make this forum. :winkwink::thumbup:

Bebica, I think you come from a different planet sweetheart, not a different country, by Cali, do you mean Colombia?? :wacko:

Regardless, the more you type, the more derogatory bollox comes out your mouth towards other women!!!

As for me, I am very happy with me in my world, I might be overweight, I might not bother my arse washing my hair every day and stick it up in pins instead, jeepers, I might even wear the same top or trousers two days in a row - AND?? That's my decision, my speccy-fat-arsed decision - but I don't feel the need to blow bubbles up my own arse whilst ripping shreds off of those different to me on the world wide web!!

I know for certain there are things WAY higher on my list of priorities than wearing makeup, grooming to take kids to school, losing weight as quick as I can after having kids, etc., etc., Does that make me feel bad - does it hell. Does that make my husband repulse each time he looks at me - does it hell.

The kind of man that likes an immaculately groomed woman all day every day is not the kind of man I'm with and not likely to be the kind of man I'd ever be with - my man cannot stand vacuous, vain, high maintenance bints!! He likes a woman with a bit of substance, personality and heart - most of these vain people are so obsessed by what they look like on the outside they actually forget about how to connect with the inside - and others for that point!!

It's what lie beneath that counts sweetheart, soooo much more than what polyfiller and cement is on your coupon :dohh:

And as for being a funny thread, I don't think it is - other than some of the funny posts other ladies have posted.

I find it a very derogatory, shallow minded thread!!

But then, that's just my opinion!!

Cali-COLOmbia? Noooooo,CALIfornia! West coast of USA,you know!?
SoCal that is...LA,San Diego area...and no in my planet,where I am from everyone thinks the same...that's why I miss it so much and looking forward I'll go back again...Don't undeerstand WHY ALL OF YOU TOOK IT AS I WAS TALKING ABOUT YOU...I don't care how you are,I just wanted to see how many women thinks grooming is still very important part of their routine even though they may feel fat,ugly,whatever else,while pregnant.I am the way I am,those close to me love that and I love them and to me that's normal part of life whether I am prego or not.I still have college degree,job,husband,kids,school,cooking every single day dfferent home cooked meal for my family,cleaning our home,washing clothes,makind all of us look nice...and still time for hobbies(dog,birds,coffee time,walks,shopping etc etc) so if that isn't working for you-no prob girl...you are the way you are and you're enjoying it that way.I just wanted to see who's similar to me...that's all,not to have bunch a women throw stones at me because I live and love to live the way I do and they don't.That was not the point.So seeing that mostly disagree with my opinion I can easily let go of this topic...They are plenty of other ones on here I am also interested..because at the end-I am pregnant,and that's why I am here.Enjoy your pregnancy ladies and see ya around!:flower:

Thank You

Lets not forget that New York isn't about you down-staters either. We have the Fingerlakes wine countries, beautiful scenic views and it's nothing like New York the City. We have beautiful lakes, changing of the leaves, Farm country and so much more.

I sometimes get sick of people forgetting that there's more to New York state than New York City. Just because people are rich or stars reside somewhere doesn't mean that because they are elite the rest of the state is obsolete. I know plenty of beautiful people ALL over New York state, not just the city and not just rich stars. THEY are not what makes New York, New York...The melting pot of different people are what makes New York as a whole.

This thread has honestly become worse than the teen threads on this board. I often times wonder how mature a 5 year old can be more than a 40 year old. :wacko: Please don't make staff here wonder if they made the wrong decision to make this forum. :winkwink::thumbup:

I didn't mean my post in a negative way she specifically stated NEW YORK meaning Manhattan not any where else , I brought up RICH because a lot of the rich do reside here and couldn't care less what they look like , I see it all the time. I was being NOT snotty or anything else and I was not forgetting what else New York has to offer, but she was not talking about the state she said she resides in manhattan and that is where I am a lot. So please don't take my post out of context and I never said the only beautiful people resided in New York. When I said that I frequently see celebrities on the street I was not bragging I was making the point that you would not even know they were celebrities cause of the way they keep themselves/
Thank You

Thank You

NY is very nice city,I agree...but it is much much muuuuuuch dirtier than any place I lived before.I do live in nice part,green,all fixed up nicely,just pure beautiful but what I see around it's not as good...Just one simple example is that I have never have to watch where I am stepping on the street,so I won't step into dog's poop...Here,there are poops all over the sidewalk,like no othjer place where people have even more dogs than here...So if you are not used to it,you will notice that and take it as-bad and dirty...so no offence but it's not NY it's people who are living here...Which is so sad....

I didn't mean my post in a negative way she specifically stated NEW YORK meaning Manhattan not any where else , I brought up RICH because a lot of the rich do reside here and couldn't care less what they look like , I see it all the time. I was being NOT snotty or anything else and I was not forgetting what else New York has to offer, but she was not talking about the state she said she resides in manhattan and that is where I am a lot. So please don't take my post out of context and I never said the only beautiful people resided in New York. When I said that I frequently see celebrities on the street I was not bragging I was making the point that you would not even know they were celebrities cause of the way they keep themselves/
Thank You

Oh I know some personally! Because of my hubby's job...And being groomed and down to earth is 1 and 100...But those down to earth are still groomed...

Anyways girls...tired of this already.From grooming to NYC...when I only wanted to find out one simple thing...but on one hand-I did.

:wacko: Good lord I am dizzy,,,,, you will see celebrities that look like bums, I see it all the time .They have beards down to their chest , ripped clothes, flip flops that look like they got them from the garbage only when they have an appearance are they groomed, not all, but most.
I am really done now this is just nuts.
Have A great Day Everyone

I have to say bebica, I understand where you're coming from, but I think you're going about it all the wrong way. I too believe that women should not let themselves go just because they are pregnant and as such I intend to look after myself now, just as I did before. However, my idea of how to do this is probably very different to your own. Thats fine if thats how you do things, thats your choice but it doesn't make my way wrong or nasty. I probably do and always have only washed my hair once or twice weekly. My reasons for this is because it is scraped back in a ponytail all day at work for hygiene purposes, so whats the point but also because if you wash your hair too often, it actually strips the hair of its natural oils and can leave it limp and lifeless, which my hair is already prone to being. On the whole I take a natural approach to beauty, so although I wear eye make up daily (I have no eyes without it :winkwink:) I rarely wear face make up. And as a result constantly get comments about my youthful looking skin (people are usually shocked that I'm 40). Regarding nail polish, I don't understand that at all. The stuff is toxic, I don't like to wear it when I'm not pregnant, so i certainly wouldn't want to introduce such chemicals to my system now. For hygiene reasons at work again, I can't wear nail polish anyway but I wouldn't want to. I had my toes painted once and when the varnish eventually grew out the toenail underneath was brown and discoloured, suggesting to me that the barrier which the polish provides is actually depriving your nailbed of oxygen :nope: Perhaps I would wear heels for a special occasion but no higher than 2 - 3 inch because I have discovered during pregnancy that heels give me backache and that I am better off all round wearing good supportive shows (yes trainers if a long walk is involved) because the arches of my feet ache otherwise. All in all I'd say that it is more important to focus on eating well, maintaining physical activiy, avoiding harsh, harmful chemicals and being as comfortable as possible, during pregnancy, than it is to look superficially glamourous, just my opinion of course :winkwink:

I still have college degree,job,husband,kids,school,cooking every single day dfferent home cooked meal for my family,cleaning our home,washing clothes,makind all of us look nice...and still time for hobbies(dog,birds,coffee time,walks,shopping etc etc). I just wanted to see who's similar to me...that's all,not to have bunch a women throw stones at me because I live and love to live the way I do.

First, I think the person who cast the first stone was you to those who AREN'T like you. Second, I feel very sad for you. You mention all these material things and superficial things you have, but what you never mentioned were actual "friends". May be an issue you'd like to look inward about as people don't like to be judged the way YOU have judged many of us here in your post. It's awful easy to look at someone and judge them when you don't walk in their shoes. Beauty comes from within, the outside eventually fades and then what will you have? Plastic surgery?:shrug:

The Bible speaks of loving your neighbor as you love yourself but I sometimes think that there are those who actually don't KNOW how to TRUELY love themselves within to be able to share love to others. It takes love to show mercy on others which you haven't shown yourself. You say those responding are casting a stone, but you yourself haven't shown mercy on those who don't act and look according to you. :winkwink::flower:

Like I said, I know I am beautiful inside and out and I don;t care what people think cause I don't fit a certain part especially coming from New York, I only care what my family and friends think :hugs: And by the way people could care less what you wear, you could walk around naked and they probably would not even notice :thumbup:

I don't care about because I am in NY.I don't like it here that much anyway.(Dirty streets,buildings with graffiti,etc etc)I came from Cali actually...but originaly I am from one nice European country that has standards about women and grooming,so maybe I have different opinion.Here everyone is like,who cares but to me that's not how it always suppose to be...As I say-don't do it for people -do it for yourself and your hubby or BF...they love to see groomed woman-trust me!!! No matter what they tell you....

Sorry, this is where I am confused. What nice European country was it you came from??

Like I said, I know I am beautiful inside and out and I don;t care what people think cause I don't fit a certain part especially coming from New York, I only care what my family and friends think :hugs: And by the way people could care less what you wear, you could walk around naked and they probably would not even notice :thumbup:

I don't care about because I am in NY.I don't like it here that much anyway.(Dirty streets,buildings with graffiti,etc etc)I came from Cali actually...but originaly I am from one nice European country that has standards about women and grooming,so maybe I have different opinion.Here everyone is like,who cares but to me that's not how it always suppose to be...As I say-don't do it for people -do it for yourself and your hubby or BF...they love to see groomed woman-trust me!!! No matter what they tell you....

Sorry, this is where I am confused. What nice European country was it you came from??

I would like to know that also, my family are originally from Italy. :flower:

Well personallyi like to keep clean and look nice, that is just me, in all my 6 pregnancies i have dressed nice and done my hair/makeup etc and whilst i'mno cleanfreak i like to have a nice house.

I have seen some sights in my years of sitting in antenatal care wards, women who 'smell' of dirty clothes and body odours, looking like they just got of bed etc and sorry i could never ever be like that....that doesn't mean i can't go out without make up on as i can, i have even popped to the local shop in pj's with a cardigan in a morning for milk etc....but big thing is i do not smell or look dirty!

it's just a self repect issue mainly and i feel sorry for the doctors and midwives who have to give intimate examinations to some of those women who can't be bothered to keep themselves clean.....shudders!!!!.....

I think that people's regime should be the same as before they got pregnant, I know mine is - I wear make up when I go out, not everyday, I didn't wear high heels before, so I don't now, I try to dress nicely, although now, I have to be comfortable also, I can't shower everyday anymore because I can't stand for too long, or I'm in agony, so I try to bathe everynight before bed, but have to get OH or my daughter to help me get dried.

I did find the nasty comment a bit OTT, but, I could see what you were saying. Some women do use pregnancy as an excuse to not give a s--t about their appearance or personal hygience, but that is their choice at the end of the day, and that's probably how they were before

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->