Growing up in the 70s & 80s - off topic!

I wish I had a picture of myself back in the mid 80's.. I had giant blonde hair that was crimped with a black / pink / blue or whatever colour strip ( I used Cool Aid to dye it) in my hair..:haha:

I used cranberry juice and vodka before I was old enough to realize that it made a really good cocktail! Lol

We get Degrassi here in the States too...sometimes I still watch it! :happydance:

hahaha.. me too.. I love the old reruns.. I didn't realize it was aired in the U.S. too.. I went to the same school with "wheels" and "Joey".. they were very popular:haha:

I don't know what's happening elsewhere, but we had to go to the mall (usually avoid them like the plague) to get something for my niece's birthday....and the 80s R BACK....all these high schoolers were walking around wearing 80s-esque clothing...:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

My husband just looked at me and said, "Are you experiencing a flashback right now?"

You know you're old when what you used to wear becomes 'retro'.

hahaha.. I know.. I even went as far as to try on some stuf..
Ya..I looked better in it back in the 80's..lol.

Funny story..

Back when my oldest started Jr High..she came home all excited about the "new" band..she wanted to know if I had ever heard of them... AC/DC ... I almost passed out from laughing...

I'm going to go in hiding when the 90s become retro....spaghetti strap dresses with workboots!

hahaha.. I know.. I even went as far as to try on some stuf..
Ya..I looked better in it back in the 80's..lol.

Funny story..

Back when my oldest started Jr High..she came home all excited about the "new" band..she wanted to know if I had ever heard of them... AC/DC ... I almost passed out from laughing...

I think Guitar Hero and Rock Band have a lot to do with that; DD is all about Aerosmith now, lol.

And ahhhh Joey, lol. He's on Degrassi the Next Generation too!

i LOVED the waltons!!!

(and all those shows you have listed above!)

what about "take hart" with morph??

and my absolute favourite "animal magic" with Jonny morris!! *happy sigh*

My best mate brought me a 'Morph' for my birthday this year, it sits on my desk and always makes me smile when I'm having a tough day :haha:

I am ashamed to say that I still have my Doc Martens..

I know Joey is on the Next Generation.. and I am proud to say I am aging better than him..lol.

Anyone remember the "magic 8 ball"?.. I still have one on my desk..lol.

OK let me see if i can remember back that far, well i loved Black Beauty, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and i loved Eight is Enough, and X Files, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, omg David Boreanes, what a hottie, and i watched the soaps all the time Days of our Lives!!! Oh speaking of Soap, i loved that program too!!

Ah, Willy Wonka, just THE best film! And Soap was a classic! :haha:

Wonder Woman
Bionic Woman
6 Million Dollar Man
Get Smart
Bewitched
I Dream of Jeannie
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Dick Van Dyke Show
The Muppet Show
Fraggle Rock
Robotech
HR Puff 'n Stuff
3.. 2.. 1.. Contact
Romper Room

my list goes on and on

How about the Doctor Demento show on the radio
and then there's all of Weird Al Yankovic's stuff.

Does anyone remember the BBC kids show 'The Adventure Game'? It used to finish with the 'celebs' crossing the 'Vortex'... I get the feeling you've all got puzzled looks on your faces right now!

Wonder Woman
Bionic Woman
6 Million Dollar Man
Get Smart
Bewitched
I Dream of Jeannie
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Dick Van Dyke Show
The Muppet Show
Fraggle Rock
Robotech
HR Puff 'n Stuff
3.. 2.. 1.. Contact
Romper Room

my list goes on and on

Romper room.... I see Jimmy& Suzie & Bobby..haha.. I forgot about that show

I know Joey is on the Next Generation.. and I am proud to say I am aging better than him..lol.

My DD asked for one last Christmas, lol. Don't forget the Rubik's Cube...anyone ever listen to New Kids On the Block? Lol. Their's was my first ever concert.

Does anyone remember the BBC kids show 'The Adventure Game'? It used to finish with the 'celebs' crossing the 'Vortex'... I get the feeling you've all got puzzled looks on your faces right now!

I remember it, they had to pretend they were on another planet or a spaceship or something.

My DD asked for one last Christmas, lol. Don't forget the Rubik's Cube...anyone ever listen to New Kids On the Block? Lol. Their's was my first ever concert.

I had a NKOB sheets on my bed back when I was a teenager:haha:
I went to see them in concert back in "90 ( ?) and again earlier this year:haha:

adventure game - lol!! they had to win drogna's hahahaha (and there was a grumbling plant - called uncle)

puffball and rah-rah skirts

and I looooved Nik Kershaw - he was my first crush

New Kids are back out with Backstreet Boys right now, lol. But I would choose Nsync first, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->