Growing up in the 70s & 80s - off topic!

I saw Nik Kershaw and T'pau (I think they only had one song lol)

Does anyone remember the BBC kids show 'The Adventure Game'? It used to finish with the 'celebs' crossing the 'Vortex'... I get the feeling you've all got puzzled looks on your faces right now!

That's what it's called! I loved that show and have been trying to think all day what it was called :)

My first concert was Marillion when Fish was still in the group :) I listened to one of their songs the other day and felt suicidal :nope:

I loved checkshirts in the 90s but when I see them or think of them all I hear in my head is the lumberjack song :rofl:

Is anyone getting annoyed by these drive-by BFP announcements by peope that only post in this section to "give hope" to pathetic us?

:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I mean, there IS after all a sticky thread and 2 testing threads....

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/627857-38-ttc-4.html

I am probably just hormonal, but wth?

I was also just thinking about D and thinking about how she would feel if she came back here and kept stumbling upon these random announcements all the time...

What?? No one is going to mention The A Team or Knightrider or Magnum PI??? Good lawd!! Those shows were the shiznit! My mum used to have the hots for Tom Selleck :thumbup:

I totally remember Neighbors when Kylie Minogue was on it. Ooooh and I used to watch the wombles & that woman shari lewis with her puppet lambchop!

Ya know, there is a Smurfs movie coming out soon.........I wonder if gagamel & azreal is on it? :haha:

I was also just thinking about D and thinking about how she would feel if she came back here and kept stumbling upon these random announcements all the time...

I agree just throwing a BFP announcement randomly into thread you've not previously posted on is just insensitive :nope:

My mom liked Tom Selleck, too....

I had a thing for him when he was in Friends :)

Think I was too young when he was in Magnum but he has aged well in Blue Bloods (not sure if you have the in the US but I would guess so as we get it on a channel called Sky Atlantic which implies it's from across the pond)

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm sitting here with my sister reading this thread and it's given us so many laughs. Thank you thank you thank you - I SOOOO needed a smile today.:hugs:

Almost all of the shows that were mentioned both UK and US I can remember. I liked 'Kids of Degrassi St' and 'Degrassi Junior High' too,which was Canadian wasn't it? From Australia, apart from 'Neighbours', 'Sons and Daughters' and 'The Young Doctors', I remember 'The Sullivans' and there was this other programme called 'Home' but no one else seems to know what I'm talking about...

For the UK ladies, my sister has asked does anyone remember 'Hector's House'? That was her childhood favourite. For me I loved 'Wonder Woman'. In fact I was kind of in love with her and wanted to be her for a while - but hey I was only about 6.:blush:

Has anyone mentioned 'Bod'??

My mom liked Tom Selleck, too....

I had a thing for him when he was in Friends :)

Think I was too young when he was in Magnum but he has aged well in Blue Bloods (not sure if you have the in the US but I would guess so as we get it on a channel called Sky Atlantic which implies it's from across the pond)

We get Blue Bloods but I haven't watched it...
He does have a sexy voice, I have to admit.

My aunt liked David Hasselhoff....but there is something a bit pervy about him...:haha:

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm sitting here with my sister reading this thread and it's given us so many laughs. Thank you thank you thank you - I SOOOO needed a smile today.:hugs:

Almost all of the shows that were mentioned both UK and US I can remember. I liked 'Kids of Degrassi St' and 'Degrassi Junior High' too,which was Canadian wasn't it? From Australia, apart from 'Neighbours', 'Sons and Daughters' and 'The Young Doctors', I remember 'The Sullivans' and there was this other programme called 'Home' but no one else seems to know what I'm talking about...

For the UK ladies, my sister has asked does anyone remember 'Hector's House'? That was her childhood favourite. For me I loved 'Wonder Woman'. In fact I was kind of in love with her and wanted to be her for a while - but hey I was only about 6.:blush:

Ruth so chuffed to see you here :hugs::D

I remember Hector's House :) And Bod - my brother used to fake sickness to stay home and watch Bod :laugh2:

There was an Aussie tv show kinda like neighbors called Home & Away?

How could I forget 'Wonder Woman'!!!:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

I dressed as her for 3 Halloweens in a row!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->