Growing up in the 70s & 80s - off topic!

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm sitting here with my sister reading this thread and it's given us so many laughs. Thank you thank you thank you - I SOOOO needed a smile today.:hugs:

Almost all of the shows that were mentioned both UK and US I can remember. I liked 'Kids of Degrassi St' and 'Degrassi Junior High' too,which was Canadian wasn't it? From Australia, apart from 'Neighbours', 'Sons and Daughters' and 'The Young Doctors', I remember 'The Sullivans' and there was this other programme called 'Home' but no one else seems to know what I'm talking about...

For the UK ladies, my sister has asked does anyone remember 'Hector's House'? That was her childhood favourite. For me I loved 'Wonder Woman'. In fact I was kind of in love with her and wanted to be her for a while - but hey I was only about 6.:blush:

Has anyone mentioned 'Bod'??

Ruth so chuffed to see you here :hugs::D

I remember Hector's House :) And Bod - my brother used to fake sickness to stay home and watch Bod :laugh2:

Thanks Mac. Didn't really feel as if I'd left but it's good to be back (well...ish! I'm not officiallly TTC)

Didn't Bod come on just before/after Pebble Mill?? Your brother isn't the only one who used to fake illness...

My sisters is happy you remember Hector's House. No one else normally does!

My DH loved Batman and Fall Guy :) But he caught a re-run of Fall Guy this morning and his words are "it's crap isn't it" :)

And Battlestar Galatica (sp) and Airwolf :)

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm sitting here with my sister reading this thread and it's given us so many laughs. Thank you thank you thank you - I SOOOO needed a smile today.:hugs:

Almost all of the shows that were mentioned both UK and US I can remember. I liked 'Kids of Degrassi St' and 'Degrassi Junior High' too,which was Canadian wasn't it? From Australia, apart from 'Neighbours', 'Sons and Daughters' and 'The Young Doctors', I remember 'The Sullivans' and there was this other programme called 'Home' but no one else seems to know what I'm talking about...

For the UK ladies, my sister has asked does anyone remember 'Hector's House'? That was her childhood favourite. For me I loved 'Wonder Woman'. In fact I was kind of in love with her and wanted to be her for a while - but hey I was only about 6.:blush:

Has anyone mentioned 'Bod'??

Ruth so chuffed to see you here :hugs::D

I remember Hector's House :) And Bod - my brother used to fake sickness to stay home and watch Bod :laugh2:

Thanks Mac. Didn't really feel as if I'd left but it's good to be back (well...ish! I'm not officiallly TTC)

Didn't Bod come on just before/after Pebble Mill?? Your brother isn't the only one who used to fake illness...

My sisters is happy you remember Hector's House. No one else normally does!

For your sister: https://youtu.be/I_tVxvnEJko

A bit off-topic, but still nostalgic....

On Father's Day, my siblings and I were all IMing together (all 4 of us) and we were trying to remember the aftershave my father used to wear....

Did anyone's dad wear AFTA aftershave lotion?

https://img04.static-nextag.com/image/Colgate-Palmolive-Afta-Shave/1/000/007/619/145/761914597.jpg

Anyway....They still sell it! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My husband bought one for my brother and my sister's husband....

Mmmm.....It's so cheap, but it smells soooooo good....

I loved Degrassi Junior High, loved loved the Mini Pops if anyone knows who they are:blush: my brother loved The Six Million Dollar Man and the half fish half man guy..can't remember what he was called though. I absolutly loved Strawberry Shortcake and Cabbage Patch Kids, Smurfs, Who's The Boss, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and All in The Family and The Jeffersons.:hugs: I love the old shows:hugs:

DOes anyone remeber the group Poison, or Twisted Sister? loved them and I was in love with Duran Duran...I was nerd

Me & my Dad still say Gronda Gronda to each other - from the Adventure Game

Bod had a frogthat drank milkshake on it didn't it & you had to guess if it was going to be chocolate or strawberry??

A bit off-topic, but still nostalgic....

On Father's Day, my siblings and I were all IMing together (all 4 of us) and we were trying to remember the aftershave my father used to wear....

Did anyone's dad wear AFTA aftershave lotion?

https://img04.static-nextag.com/image/Colgate-Palmolive-Afta-Shave/1/000/007/619/145/761914597.jpg

Anyway....They still sell it! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My husband bought one for my brother and my sister's husband....

Mmmm.....It's so cheap, but it smells soooooo good....

Back in the day my dad was an Old Spice guy, lol.

My mom liked Tom Selleck, too....

I had a thing for him when he was in Friends :)

Think I was too young when he was in Magnum but he has aged well in Blue Bloods (not sure if you have the in the US but I would guess so as we get it on a channel called Sky Atlantic which implies it's from across the pond)

We get Blue Bloods but I haven't watched it...
He does have a sexy voice, I have to admit.

My aunt liked David Hasselhoff....but there is something a bit pervy about him...:haha:

The Hoff man? Nah... I actually ran into him on my last LA visit, he was with his son too... seems really nice.

Ok and don't laugh but my first concert was at Great America (amusement park) and it was Air Supply! HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved Duran Duran!

ah ok, in that case...just for you ;-)
188355_10150126535099193_621629192_6635271_1869715_n.jpg

LL- I am so jealous of you right now! :growlmad: lol

I still think they are hot! :happydance:

They are, and I was IN HEAVEN cause Simon absolutely flirted with me LOL. I asked if I could take a picture and he just looked at me with dreamy eyes and said "with a smile like that , anything you want"...notice HE is the one holding my hand!

...drool... LOL

They are, and I was IN HEAVEN cause Simon absolutely flirted with me LOL. I asked if I could take a picture and he just looked at me with dreamy eyes and said "with a smile like that , anything you want"...notice HE is the one holding my hand!

...drool... LOL

That is so sexy cool! Lol...see, I'm like a giddy teenager again. :haha:

That was when I worked at NBC and funny thing is NO ONE seemed to recognize them but me! They were there to do the Jay Leno show... I could not resist, I saw them, ran to my office and asked someone to come with me to take a picture... I said "Duran Duran is here!!!!" they were like "Who?" LOL

...drool... LOL

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back