"Guesses"

Naaxi

2 little raggamuffins
Reaction score
I am so nervous for people to "guess" that I am having a girl. I have a boy already and DH and I decided that this will be our last (even though I'd be happy to have four more). Well we also used a donor that only has boys so far, so chances are high that this one will be another boy. To a degree, I have already mourned the fact that I will probably never have a daughter. I look at cute little girl clothes and sigh. But I can get over it. I know I will love another son as well. BUT those "guesses" that because I have a boy, the majority will be saying this is a girl... I know they will inadvertently get my hopes up slightly and I don't want that. Does anyone else feel the same about these "guesses"?

I found girl guesses got my hopes up and boy guesses deflated me. I'd have rather had no guesses at all LMAO

Eurgh yes. I would prefer no guesses at all, but I know they are coming. It's a boy, people! And if you say you "have a good feeling" otherwise... I'm going to go all pregnant hormonal on your ass! This way, if it *is* a girl, I will be pleasantly surprised. But if it is a boy, as I can assume it will be, I won't cry right in the ultrasound room as I will be prepared. It isn't that I don't want another boy. If I was having my desired six kids, another four boys would be fine! But because this is my last, I don't want to never have a daughter.

I know what you mean. I found out on Tuesday I'm having my 4th boy.
We had a pretty obvious nub which got all boy guesses at my 12 week scan so I had 4 weeks to prepare myself.
Everything in this pregnancy has been so different from my 1st 3, and everyone said that must mean its a girl. But I just kept telling myself it was a boy.
When I stopped building up the need for a girl and just accepted that this was a boy, I actually felt at peace with the idea and although if we ever did have another baby (undecided at the moment) I'd love to have a daughter, I know now that I'd be ok with a boy too. This is my first gender disappointment experience and I think because I knew there was a chance it was my last it made it worse.

I am glad that I am not alone. I am also glad that you are at peace with your fourth boy. They must all have a pretty great bond, though :) That's another thing I keep telling myself; brothers can be best friends, more so than a brother and a sister, for sure.

There are many benefits to having the same gender. I've saved lots of money with clothes and baby toys. I buy bigger sets of some toys now they are older than I would have done had there just been one because they can share things and I don't mind buying some slightly more expensive things because I think at least the next one will play with it and I'll get more value for money out of it. They all have similar interests. I hope that they remain close and keep doing things together when they are older.

Yeah girl guesses got my hopes up only to find out its another boy! Gotten over it more or less now tho! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->