Guidelines changing so dating scan wont be from 8weeks + (now 12weeks+)

Moonbeam1

Reaction score
At scan today was told that from April they would no longer be dating scans from 8weeks plus as new guideline suggest it is better to do it from 12 weeks plus as they are able to see more abnormalities at this stage

My hospital already have this in place. I am 9 weeks 5 days so it means that I will be having another scan in 3-4weeks where as previously I would not and would have had to wait for the 20 week scan.

It's been 11-14 weeks here since I was pregnant in 2009. As far as I'm aware in Scotland we've never had scans before that unless specific reason. They call that one the dating / NT scan and then pretty common to get a 20 week one as well.

I'm in Wales and yes it is normally booked for 12 weeks. However previously if for any reason you had the scan earlier then 12 weeks (I had one for spotting today) and your were 8+ weeks that would then be your dating scan. It will not be from now on (or April in some cases).

I just posted as I was not sure if I would get another scan after going for the early assessment unit today.

With DS I had my first scan at 9wks, should have been 12 by my dates, and because we wanted the NT doing we got another at 13wks. I thought this was standard if you want NT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->