Guilty Pleasure Name

Oh I have loads! I love Bay and James for a girl, but wouldn't use them I don't think as they're a little too unusual. Then I love Lyra and Nyla but I guess these are almost in the normal range?? My friend has a LO called Raphaelle and I adore it but obviously can't use it, plus it's blatant stealing as I've ever met another girl with the same name.

For boys I have hundreds: Rudolph, Otto, Bruno, Humphrey, Rupert.... I just don't know if I could use them without being embarrassed by the reactions I'd get.

Mine are Fox, Leif and Sage for a boy (I love them but totally couldn't get away with using them- I know I'd always be introducing my son in a sheepish way).
For a girl my main guilty pleasure name is Tabatha Catherine, so I can call her Tabby Cat, but DH (and every other living person) says no :cry:

Mine is definitely Aspen! I just love that name but I don't know if I would ever actually use it. Adelaide is another one, but we're naming our daughter Adella, so I think it would be weird to have an Adelaide later on.

Khaleesi.

Not really a name, its a title in the game of thrones books, but I think it sounds beautiful as a girls name paired with Rose. Khaleesi Rose :)

Mine are Fox, Leif and Sage for a boy (I love them but totally couldn't get away with using them- I know I'd always be introducing my son in a sheepish way).
For a girl my main guilty pleasure name is Tabatha Catherine, so I can call her Tabby Cat, but DH (and every other living person) says no :cry:

That girls name is adorable. I love it!

Pixie Geldof is a pretty famous Pixie! I think it's a fab name, you go for it!!

I kind of feel like we used our guilty pleasure boys name with Freddie. It's hardly very 'out there' but the others on our list were much more traditional and I felt I 'should' go with them, as I wondered what people would make of Freddie, but I thought who cares, we love it so let's go! And actually we've had nothing but good reactions to it and I'm so so pleased we did it

My other GP name would be Arabella, although I watched teen mom recently and that ruined the name for me! :)

I forgot Bram! Again, it's not out there, but it might make people think of vampires

Eleanor Ace --

I also love Sage for a boy!! I def feel like it could work for a boy!! Just like Gage!

But everyone seems to prefer it for girls only! :shrug:

My friend has a Fox and a Wren, another friend has Humphrey and Rupert, all mentioned here! So real ones do exist :haha:

I loved the name Aurora Lily for a girl and Romeo for a boy, however Romeo doesn't seem to suit this little one so I'll have to save it for another time:haha:

I love blossom for a girl and beau for a boy. We are aerioauly considering blossom as a middle name for this girl x

The names I like aren't so much guilty pleasures, pretty normal names really, Theodora (Teddie) for a girl, and the male equivalent Theodore (Teddy) for a boy.

I don't know if I'd call it a 'guilty pleasure' name, but I LOVE Jaxon for a boy, but DH hates it:( Micah-Rose for a girl but we know someone who just used that name. I also love London for a girl (again someone we know used this name)

I love the name Jaxon too.......great name :thumbup:

For boys I have hundreds: Rudolph, Otto, Bruno, Humphrey, Rupert.... I just don't know if I could use them without being embarrassed by the reactions I'd get.

Rupert is one of mine. Love it but DH doesn't, and I'd be worried what reactions we'd get. I'm going to use it on a future dog though. :D

I like Finn too, and Fitz.

Rupert is one of mine. Love it but DH doesn't, and I'd be worried what reactions we'd get. I'm going to use it on a future dog though. :D

I like Finn too, and Fitz.

We named our cat Rupert! Suits him to a T! RupeyRoo he gets called Xx

Love this thread. Giorgio is nice and could be nicknamed georgie.

Mines Aubrey for a boy and our surname begins with a which I also love the sound of together.

I just don't think I could do it for fear of kids calling him Audrey and him hating his name.

I have a colleague called Giorgio and have worked with a Giorgio in a previous job too (he was Italian)! Doesn't seem like an unusual name to me!

I also know a few others mentioned on this thread. A friend has a son named Nicolai, I went to school with a Humphrey, DD1 goes to nursery with an Otto and we have a Beau in our extended family.

My guilty pleasure name for a boy was Maverick, OH vetoed it when I was pregnant with DD1 (we didn't know the gender). To my amazement I recently found out that a friend of a friend here in London has called her son Maverick!

I love the name Beau! I've been thinking of names for our imaginary third child (!) and I mentioned Beau to OH and he said absolutely not. Sigh!

Mine is definitely Casper, I have wanted a boy named Casper since I was in my teens but everyone mocked it and made ghost jokes. Then when I suggested it when I was pregnant OH thought it was a joke. It honestly never made me think of the ghost really.. I just loved the name, but nobody could ever see past it... However now there is a 3 year old Casper at Micah's swimming group and everyone loves his name! I love Micah's name too of course but I have a right pang of name envy whenever I here them call Casper!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->