Guilty Pleasure Name

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the name

Giorgio

I've always thought it was super-cute, but I'm not really sure I would ever actually use it. Does that even make sense?? :dohh:

Have you ever known anyone named Giorgio? I haven't! And I just looked it up on the US SSA baby name website and it's never even been in the Top 1000 names at any time over the last 100 years!! Wow! That makes the name quite rare! (at least here in the US)

Do you have any "guilty pleasure names" that you love but would probably never really use?

I've met a few Giorgios but that's because I lived in Italy. Never met any here in australia!

My guilty pleasure name for a girl is Anastasia and for a boy it's Nicholas (I've had two boyfriends by this name so would be weird to name my child this although I love the name!).

I only know of the music producer guy, not sure of his proper name...Giorgio Moroder?
I like lots of hippyish names but dh isn't a fan so won't get to use them. I.e Meadow, River. Also love Bear

I don't know any! I say use it, though. I'm using my guilty pleasure name heh. She was called something else for a while because I didn't have the courage to say "actually, I love this name".. then one day I realised I don't actually care! It's my favourite name so I'll use it :)

My guilty pleasures are all girls names. For ages I adored the name Saskia but something my OH said put me off. I love Raven and River but doubt I'd actually use them and LOVE the name Athena but one of my friends used it. Darn!

I don't know any! I say use it, though. I'm using my guilty pleasure name heh. She was called something else for a while because I didn't have the courage to say "actually, I love this name".. then one day I realised I don't actually care! It's my favourite name so I'll use it :)

I really want to know what it is now!! Lol

I really want to know what it is now!! Lol

It's in my signature :haha: Pixie!

:haha: I wasn't sure if that was a cutesy nickname or something. Don't think I've ever come across someone called Pixie!

Haha nah. It'd been our favourite name for years but then, when I fell pregnant, I panicked about what others would think and we settled on Violet instead. Since the gender scan revealed she was indeed a girl, I got more and more unsettled with Violet and more and more comfortable with my choice :D

Once joked with DH about naming our son "Nikolaj" (Nicko-lai) after the actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau...now it's the only name he wants! Not exactly a name that can be pronounced here in the states ;)

I knew a Giorgio...he was gorgeous! :thumbup:

If anyone says anything, just reply that there are Angels and Phoenix's, why not a Pixie?

My GP names. Some of these are very normal, but not to my partner's taste at all so I'd never suggest them! Others have been suggested and rejected and a couple are still in the running!

Earl
Ernest
Vance
Verne
Rowan
Marlowe
Maxim
Alexis
Cesario
Caius
Magnus
Orion
Kamil

Saffron
Viola (our cat's name!)
Suhani
Amara
Elsinore
Nova
Fae

My guilty pleasure is Brison. My OH is called Brian (Bri) so Bris Son would of been lovely but he hates it unfortunately!
I don't know any Giorgio's here in the UK, if you love the name go for it!

I've met a few Giorgios but that's because I lived in Italy. Never met any here in australia!

My guilty pleasure name for a girl is Anastasia and for a boy it's Nicholas (I've had two boyfriends by this name so would be weird to name my child this although I love the name!).

Love all your names! Sophia, Sienna, Anastasia, & Nicholas! :thumbup:

I don't know if I'd call it a 'guilty pleasure' name, but I LOVE Jaxon for a boy, but DH hates it:( Micah-Rose for a girl but we know someone who just used that name. I also love London for a girl (again someone we know used this name)

I don't know if I'd call it a 'guilty pleasure' name, but I LOVE Jaxon for a boy, but DH hates it:( Micah-Rose for a girl but we know someone who just used that name. I also love London for a girl (again someone we know used this name)

Micah-Rose is really cute! Never saw Micah for a girl! I like it!

My GP names. Some of these are very normal, but not to my partner's taste at all so I'd never suggest them! Others have been suggested and rejected and a couple are still in the running!

Earl
Ernest
Vance
Verne
Rowan
Marlowe
Maxim
Alexis
Cesario
Caius
Magnus
Orion
Kamil

Saffron
Viola (our cat's name!)
Suhani
Amara
Elsinore
Nova
Fae

Love Orion & Amara! My friend has the cutest daughter named Nova!

My guilty pleasure name is Vienna. I would have considered it but it rhymes with the name of a girl I know who lets just say doesn't have great personality traits. Plus,I gave no real connection to the city - haven't even been there. So I picked something that is somewhat similar that I felt more of a connection with.

Ahhhhh love the name Pixie! X I wanted to call DD2 Wren, with birdie as the nickname but OH wouldn't let me, she's got it in the middle and still gets birdie! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->