GypsyDancer's wedding journal! :D

Wowwww, you've had like a wedding ideas brainwave!! I love the idea of each table having a different centrepiece. You could maybe still have a loose theme to kind of tie the all together. So for example if you were going for an overall vintage/antique feeling then you could choose items from a different era for each table. So one table could be the 20s, one the 40s, the 60s etc. Just don't do the 90s :haha:

And the picture of OHs Dad on the bar sounds perfect :thumbup:

Oh and the veil...yes, they are expensive :lol: If you buy from BHS then you shouldn't have a problem taking it back. I'm not sure bridal shops would be the same because they may order them in as requested :shrug: The bridal shop where your dress is might have a similar style veil you could try on with the dress. If you like it, tell them "you'll think about it" then come away and buy the one in BHS :thumbup: Assuming its cheaper/nicer of course.

Wedding planning is taking abit of a back seat at the moment as OH's dad sadly passed away on Saturday :(
I was a little worried about keeping our date as its so close, but OH is insistent that we have to keep it as he already told his dad when it would be, before he died, so alot of the planning will be left to me to sort out now in the next few months..
Ive barely seen OH as he's round his dads house alot, spending time with his younger brothers and sister, I however am really bored so ive started making our save the date cards to send out in a month or two. What is the etiquette regarding save the dates? Do i just send them to day guests or send them to all guests so they know there will be an evening do? Or if i send save the dates to everyone, will they expect to be invited to the whole wedding? I have no idea how many to make :dohh:

Sorry about OH's Dad. With my save the dates I sent 'invitation to follow' and 'evening invite to follow'... Mainly because my cousin was banging on about having a front row seat so we only invited her to the evening do lol xx

Thanks! Will print some out with evening invites on too then! Ive started making my invites and I love them :D theyre all different..will try to put a picture up of them later on..
And as its the 10th of May today I can say..this time next year itll be ny wedding day! Eek!

So sorry about your OH's dad :hugs: hope he's doing as well as can be expected.

Woo, one year today!

So sorry to hear about your OHs dad :hugs: Was it sooner than anyone expected? Hope OH is taking it as well as can be expected. Such a difficult thing to go through :(

As for the save the dates, I just sent them to everyone with 'formal invites to follow'. And in all honesty, I haven't sent invites to everyone who I sent a save the date too :shrug: I changed my mind. Lol

I've changed my mind on a couple of people I sent save the dates to haha xxx

Really sorry to hear about your OHs Dad, I hope you are all okay :hugs:

As for save the dates I only sent them to day guests :)

They knew it was coming, he'd been giving about 6 months in octoberish, but still abit of a shock for OH i think..

I think i'll only send them to those im 100% sure im inviting then..

Heres some pictures of my save the dates ive made so far :happydance:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

They look so pretty! Did you print them yourself? I want to make my own but I'm a bit scared they won't look nice :wacko:

Thankyou :D im really happy with them!
Yep!
I just went onto word, copied the written lay out from some other save the dates online, Bought some card from hobbycraft, 20 sheets for £4.50 or something like that, and i can fit 4 invites on one a4 page..spent about £15 on the pearl beads, hearts, lace, bows ect but i havent even used half of them yet so its been sooo much cheaper than the one's online, and ive enjoyed making them :)

You should go for it! I dont think you can really go very wrong by printing some and decorating with a few beads/buttons/ribbon/whatever your style is x

They look lovely. I can't believe how quick you managed to do them. That would have taken me a week, minimum, to pull all those together :lol:

Yeah they do look fab! Online ones are really expensive if you're paying someone to do them for you, something likes yours would have cost a fortune so well done there! Xx

Wow they look so good! Can't believe you've got all of them done :)

Been ringing around alllll morning!
Some have laughed in my face.
Others have been complete miserable gits!
I really wonder how some of these people manage to run a business!
I rang one company who had several pink cadillacs on their site, claiming that they hired out in bedfordshire, cambridgeshire ect, the guy laughed and said i wouldnt find one anywhere near me..when i said well ive found several who will hire to me?
He said well, make sure its a real company then!

Idiot.:growlmad:

Anyway, Ive been speaking to a guy that owns a cadillac hire company in Essex, i asked him for the red or pink cadillac however, the red is already hired out on my date, and the pink is coming off road at the end of the year for restoration works :cry:
But he has a white cadillac that is available on my day. He's quoted me £545 for it..and sent me lots of pictures and told me i can go and have a look at it if id like..
Its absolutely lovely, beautiful and as he quoted "a show winner"
It really is lovely and im so tempted to just say oh go on then lets just go for it, but its not pink
Id always imagined a pink one, but im finding it so hard to get hold of one..ive been quoted £800-£1000 by other companies mainly because of distance..
Also the guy who has the white cadillac is the only person who's got back to me quickly, been straight to the point and been the most helpful, all the other companies have either been rude or just not replied ect..

Im so bad at making decisions!!! :dohh:

Well i decided to go for the white cadillac!
I really wanted pink, but it was seemingly becoming harder and harder to get hold of one without paying £1000! As much as id love a pink one..not that much!
Just waiting for the booking forms in the post!

58cadd 031.jpg58cadd 044.jpg58cadd 046.jpgBody sight line rear right.jpgjoe16th 020.jpg

I also ordered my veil from bhs online, i had my eye on it already and then an advert came on this site at the top for bhs saying there was a sale, with the veil id looked at reduced, was £60, reduced to £42 so i bought it! It turned up today :happydance:
There was a bad review saying it looks cheap ect but ive inspected it briefly and it seems fine for what ill need it for, i only plan on wearing it in the church then taking it off so i didnt want to pay too much for one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->