GypsyDancer's wedding journal! :D

And lastly! I fell in love with "the look of love" cake toppers..
I saw somebody on etsy who customises them to look like your OH and yourself, but they charge £180!!!
So i decided to buy the figuirine plain for £25 off an ebay seller, and ive painted it myself instead! Im rather chuffed with it :D I might tweak a few bits and tidy it up but i only started it this afternoon so im really happy with it!

This is how it looked when it turned up..20130516_141620.jpg

And this is it after ive worked my magic on it! I tried to make it look myself and OH as much as possible so I changed my hair colour to black, and OH's to a light brown, changed my skin tone a little darker as it was very pale on the original, i gave myself red lips instead of pink, and painted OH's tattoo's on, which was very hard as its so small and fiddly!! But you get the jist i think!

caketopper.jpg

The photo's arent amazing, i'll get my OH to take some better ones for me later when he's home..it looks better in person..:blush:

caketopper1.jpg

caketopper2.jpg

caketopper3.jpg

caketopper4.jpg

The topper is amazing. I can't believe how detailed you managed to get his tattoos. If I'd tried that the arm would have just ended up painted plain black :haha: I bet you're dead pleased with it. It looks fab!

And the car....wow!!! That is going to be so awesome rolling up in that

Oohhhh wow how talented are youto get detail like that on the cake topper, it looks so good!

And the car is just beautiful :cloud9:

Havent updated for a little while :dohh:

Since i last posted, ive had my receipt for the car so its all confirmed, ive booked my makeup artist and paid deposit, and started buying bits for the tables.
We have this lovely antique shop nearby so OH and i went there last week and bought some candle holders, teacups which im going to make into candles, and some lovely vintage glass cake stands, i also ordered lots of pink lace heart shaped doilies to scatter on the tables, and tissue paper to make those hanging pom poms!
OH has also started trying on suits and getting quotes..

In other news, im seriously considering cancelling our reception venue :nope:
Ive put a £500 deposit down but im just feeling abit down about it all now.
We went for the bigger venue because oh has alot of family and friends we wanted to invite, mainly to the evening, but having a big venue, means we have to meet minimum numbers for the daytime, which is 80, although if we have alot in the evening we can knock it down to about 65 day guests. I told my mum this and she said 65 is nothing and we can easily meet that but im really struggling as i accounted for all oh's family coming. But after talking to my mil im feeling pretty pessimistic now.
She basically said, she very much doubts any of OH's irish family will come now that his dad has passed away, they wont be interested.
And Oh's stepdads family, if one of them decides not to come, none of them will, she also doubts her neices will come as we arent going to there wedding today (theyre not allowing children) that knocks atleast 30 people off our daytime guests now so i dont know what to do :dohh:
Thinking about just cancelling and finding a little hall or something now and just having only a few people..
:nope:

Awwh pOor you, what happens if you don't meet day numbers? Do you have to pay for the minimum anyway? I think 65 is really easy to get to and £500 is a lot to lose. I would stick with it if you can xx

Im not too sure, i did ask when we were looking around, what if we invited minimum numbers but not everybody came, and they said we could drop it down to 65 providing we had more coming in the evening, which is fine as weve got a fair amount we can invite to the evening, i just didnt want a bunch of randoms during the day that i dont really know :dohh:
We'd probably just have to pay the minimum i guess, im just abit annoyed, i wish mil had said something like this to me before so i could plan around the fact that most probably wont come :growlmad:

My OH still wants to stick with the venue, im just really stressed about what to do now :dohh:

I wonder if i should maybe write letters to OH's family in Ireland just explaining that while I understand OH's dad is no longer with us, it'd mean alot to still have them come? After all, i am taking on their families name..
Agh i hate all this wedding politics!
Its so bloody akward! My dad is obviously coming, but he doesnt talk to my mum, i cant invite my grandad (his dad) as he hasnt spoken to him for years, my sister hasnt seen my dad for years, hes never even met her little boy, and theyre all going to be stuck in one room :dohh: im DREADING it!

They will have to lump it hun, you really shouldn't have to feel like that about your wedding day. Hugggssss. If its really stressing you out - more than the money bothers you, then cancel it. But don't compromise on what you want on ifs and buts. Especially not on MIL's word coz they turn into assholes where wedding are concerned xx

Have you made a decision about the venue?

Does your OH have the same view about his family as his Mum or is it just her saying it?

My best advice is don't do things to please people, do what you and your OH want and what makes you two happy!

He hasnt really said anything :dohh: Just says dont worry it'll be fine, but every time i try and sit down and talk numbers and people and discuss things he's fiddling around on his laptop editing videos and only half listens :dohh:

He did mention to his mum that i was getting worried about it all and she then said that they probably would come she was just thinking if we had too many people not to invite them or something..

We were meant to have a meeting with a DJ today who we were going to book, they didnt turn up! About to email them now and ask why although id like to give them the benefit of the doubt that something mightve happened, think theyre now striked off my list!

Ive written all our save the date envelopes out but i just cant bring myself to post them :nope: I have a massive fear of rejection and being let down and im so worried i'll send them and people will say sorry cant come!
I also think it becomes that bit more real once you start inviting people, at the moment its all word of mouth, nothing has been formally said, agh!

Ive been collecting teacups to make into teacup candles which ive started now so will put a picture up of them in a bit :)
Ive also been making my own honeycomb pom pom balls to hang up. I know its quite early but im so limited on time between the boys so i figured if i got started now id have most done by the date and wouldnt then be stressed trying to finish!
That and im a big procrastinator and im trying to kick the habit :haha:

I have no idea what to do next!

Ive started sending out our save the dates now, ive decided to invite all of oh's stepdads family to the day, then if they come its up to them. Im also going to invite all OH's irish family and again its up to them. I hope they do decide to come though as i think it'd mean alot to OH.
Weve worked out numbers and i feel abit more relaxed, right now weve got about 75 down for the day which is good.

Ive started making the teacup candles, got lots more to make!
20130628_220049.jpg
20130628_220119.jpg

I bought all of this from an antique shop a few weeks back with OH.
The glass cake stands im going to put a big stack of fondant fancies and cherry bakewells (my favourites)
20130526_100512.jpg

And i bought these paper pink lace doilies which im going to scatter around the tables <3
https://www.dotcomgiftshop.com/set-...e_min=&sell_price_max=&field_exclude_from_tid[0]=5490&page=0%2C0%2C3&ll=menulink&ctid=5490&pos=11

Im really trying to think of a way to involve my Oh's stepdad in the wedding day. He's such an amazing person. He's done so much for my OH and his brother, took them on as his own. Helped them out financially, he's done so much for me, aswell as our boys. My toddler absolutely adores him and i just think he's fantastic. I think of him as a father figure to myself too.
I would love to ask him to walk me down the aisle. But my own dad is coming so i dont feel it would be right to not have him walk me.
I considered having them both, but dont know if it'd look weird?
Oh's stepdad doesnt have any children of his own so he'll never have the chance to do it, but my dad also doesnt talk to my sisters so im his only chance to do it too..I also dont want my dad to be offended..

Has anybody got any other ideas of how i can involve my oh's stepdad?

Ask him to do a reading? That's what I'm doing with my Dad since I don't want given away lol! Xx

Will your boys be walking down the aisle? Maybe he could accompany them down x

Could you ask him to be one of your witnesses as a way to involve him?? Your teacup candles look lovely :flower:

Im not sure he'd want to do a reading, maybe a speech after?
He could walk them down the aisle that is a good idea but i just really feel like i'd like him to walk me down the aisle along with my dad but just dont know how it will go down with my own dad :dohh:

So yesterday i got a royal mail "you werent in card" through my letter box saying i had to sign for a letter, so went to pick it up today having no idea what it was, opended it up and was gutted to see that the Cadillac we booked has been cancelled as theyre not taking bookings anymore so sent us our deposit back..
So ive been scouring the internet like a mad woman today to find a replacement!
Weve just put down a deposit on a beautiful peppermint green cadillac and im SO happy with it! I love it more than the white, i wasnt overly keen on having white in all honesty as id always wanted pink, or turquoise, but its been so hard to get hold of one for a decent price..so its really a blessing in disguise i guess..i just hope nothing goes wrong with this one! :nope:

Wooohoooo at least you got another :) the first one clearly wasn't meant to be xx

Yeah thats what i keep telling myself now!
This one is soo much more what i was after so im happy but its quite abit more expensive but nevermind!
mint 57 side.jpgmintcaddy1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"