Had 12 week scan today, guessing a boy based on nub theory

We just moved a week ago and it sucks so much trying to get everyhing done and watch a 16 month old and 5 month old

Hello kitty - I hope you get your girl next! :)

Kaiecee- wait so u have a 16 month old, 5 month old, and have been trying for a 3rd I guess since no.2 came out? My do you move fast! Lol

I also have 2 older boys 13 years old and 7 years old that I share custody with my ex. The only reason were not waiting is it took us a while for us to concive Riley (16 month old) and Jacob came fast and we want to try for our girl and I think I'm much older than all of u so I don't have time on my sode and I'm not sure how many more cesarian sections I can have if I get pregnant again it will be my 5th my first cesarian was an emergency after 15 hours of labour

Thanks cnsweeny! I have a feeling 3rd will be a girl...hope my instinct is right but you never know.

Kaicee - all your babies where born via c-section? How was it like? Somehow I am scared of ever getting a c-section I think I would faint lol.

Trust me it's much easier than 15 hours of labour and recovery at least for me seems to be pretty quick within 3 days I'm back to normal just some tenderness

Do you mean the c section or vaginal birth?

I see you meant the c section is easier for you right? I thought rrecovery time took longer.

Hey girls, sorry been quiet. Just been trying to get on with things and not think too much. I think I might be going crazy but I have fallen in love with the idea of a 5th boy! I have his name, and I'm packing up all DS4s old clothes and excited to see another child wear them. It would make life so much easier when we do eventually move as well, bedroom wise. If the down stairs were large enough I wouldn't have to try to move again. But I would still love to have a girl....maybe boy/girl twins ;p
May have to wait a bit longer though as there have been some changes in DH work, which we need to see how they pan out. But as I'm STILL awaiting AF, and not found somewhere to move to, I guess its not the end of the world.

Nice to hear from you again motherofboys!
I'm glad you're opening up to the idea of a possible 5th boy! Boys are great really although they can get a bit rowdy at least mine does.

Boy/girl twins would be great! I would love one too but don't think that will happen.

So I was wondering is there ways to discipline an 18 month old when they're throwing tantrums especially if he's not talking yet? He's still babbling so I don't l ow how to discipline him.

I think a lot if the time with toddlers it depends what the tantrum is over. I know people who disagree and do things differently, but a lot if the time at that she it's just that their emotions are so overwhelming that they don't know how to handle them. If I can see a tantrum coming I try distraction, I still do it now if I can see one getting wound up with the other and they are starting to bicker. I'll go "quick what's that over there?!" Sounds funny I know but even making out I saw a spider can be enough to break the mood. Time ins instead of time outs. Taking them somewhere they can calm down, safely, with you there rather than say a 'naughty spot'. If it's something they want but can't have (today my 4 year old wanted to go in the garden after his bath and he isn't well so he cried about it when I said no) I told him I knew he wanted to and was sorry that he couldn't be it was late and offered him a cuddle. Or depending on the situation I just say "fine I'm going to do this/be in this room, come find me when your done crying"
That's just me though and I don't think there is a wrong or right way to do it, it's finding what with a for you. As long as you are consistent and firm, it will eventually get there, and tantrums will be less often.

I seem to be on my feet and doing all my regular stuff faster having a c section then some of my friends with vaginal births

My friend is having twins this summer 1 boy 1 girl I'm so jealous :)

Personally I haven't had a vaginal birth yet. We are trying for a vbac this time . My first daughter was breeched so we did a c section. It wasn't emergency, so that's good . But I hated having a c section! My best friend had her son the day before I had my daughter and she walked right into my room at the hospital ( we were in rooms next to each other) as if nothing had happened lol. Meanwhile I was layed up in bed until day 3 I was finally able to try to take some steps around the hallways . The 2nd week I was a lot better but it does take more recovery time in my opinion compared to all of my friends who had vaginal births.

After my first cesarian I was walking the same day as the operation and I've always been line that also the faster I walk around faster the take the catheter out of my bladder then I feel like normal

I mean I could get up with help to go to the bathroom so I didn't have the catheter past the first 12 hours. But maybe you just recover fast because it is def. a major abdominal surgery even though people think it's just a normal thing . They cut through 7 layers of muscle . I hated when they would push on my stomach right where my incision was to make sure everything was going down like it was supposed to. Ow!

Its been awhile but wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing if there's anyone who is still subsribed to this thread.

I just had my baby almost 6 weeks ago and not even nearly as disappointed as I was when I first found out the gender. I am in love with the guy! He is the most adorable baby and I love his chubby cheeks! I guess you dont fall in love til you see em.

for sure it was sore but after the 2nd one i was a pro i figure the faster i walk the easier it will be for me when i get home but its still not fun it is a major operation and im going on my 5th cesariean this march

Hi all, I'm still here. Still TTC #5. Kitty glad to hear you fell in love with your little man. Hows everyone else doing?

Congrats kaiecee! Bet you are anticipating the gender scan. I know I did!

Motherofboys- did you decide to ttc earlier than planned? I think it was you whose husband said to wait right? Anyways it's an exciting time. What month are you on?

Afm, we plan on ttc baby no. 3 June of next year. If it's a girl that will most likely be the last for us unless I get baby fever but no. 4 won't be til a long time like 5 years f own the road after no. 3 if there is a no. 4. If we get another boy definitely gonna try for no. 4 but still gotta wait 5 years cuz I'm taking a break to finish school.

Yeah I think when I was on this thread last he was still saying wait, but he changed his mind to NTNP, which to me is as good as TTC lol
My first AF since DS4 arrived 15th of May, which looking back on here I see the last post before today was the 7th. I forget that people don't just know stuff LMAO
Any I'm currently on CD5 of my 4th cycle since DS4. I discovered I had a short LP like I did after DS3, but I'm hoping it will lengthen naturally as I'm not BFing fully like I did with DS3. I think (although I didn't chart regularly enough to be sure) that last cycle I got an extra day on my LP so I'm hopeful that in the next cycle or 2 I'll have enough days to actually fall pregnant.
Trying to be relaxed about it. The baby I'm meant to have will come when he/she is meant to. Stressing didn't do me any good last time.

I really hope it's a girl to complete our family after having 4 boys

I hope you get pregnant soon mothersofboys. With my last baby I didnt even know when I was supposed to ovulate my cycle was so crazy there was no way going off the no. days in the cycle. I charted 2 months prior and missed the window both times. The third month I went off of the cervical mucous discharge and got pregnant in one shot.

Hope you get your girl Kaicee, will be stalking you to see how it turns out keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

My babies are driving me bonkers. Ds2 keeps crying and wanting to eat. The problem is whenever he eats he doesnt finish the whole thing and wants to eat every hour...I've been letting him cry for the past half hour I'm so tired and crazy! Wish someone could take over....and I have an almost 2 year old to deal with on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->