Had 12 week scan today, guessing a boy based on nub theory

Hi Ladies :hi:

Sorry to crash, just not sure where else to go and release my feelings. I have a son already and i had a 13 week scan last week and the sonographer was a friend and said he was pretty sure we are team blue again. I didnt think it would bother me what i would be having but the more i think about it the more i am mourning the daughter ill never have :nope: Feel to horrid for this feeling.

Perhaps i should have tried the gender swaying :dohh: as this is our last shot. Wasnt sure about this until reading back this thread.

Just wondering how right he can be so early on, thinking of going again at 16 weeks

Hi ttclou25 I know how you feel especially when it's your last try. I guess he was going off the nub theory. I posted my nub shot on a different site called in gender and everyone guessed boy. Maybe you can post on there for a second opinion? I would definitely recommend another scan when baby is bigger though because I've read some scenarios where majority said boy but it ended up being a girl.

I kinda knew it would be a boy since the scan pics at 13 weeks looked identical to my son's but was still holding on hope til the anatomy scan.

I hope the sonographer was wrong if not I know you will get used to the idea. I was upset at first but ever since I started feeling kicks I grew to love this baby and kinda glad it's another boy. At least 2 boys can be best friends.

I was told ds2 was a boy at my scan at 13 weeks, also with ds4 I had 95% boy guesses from the nub shot. I'd prepare for a boy and then you'll have a essential surprise if he is actually a she.
I used to be on both in gender and gender dreaming but noticed some in gender advice is a little out dated and others and being told to use 2 sway tactics which together are unsafe so I switched to just gender dreaming. That being said in gender does still have some great ladies and does get results too. You just have to be sensible.

I wish there was a magic bullet, like the diet, that you could say everyone who did it would get a girl. But there will always be people getting the opposite. All swaying does is take someone odds from low, to medium. Every time you have a boy the chance of a girl next is lower. So say my odds now are 80:20 in favour of boy. If I can get them to 60:40 I'll that those odds over the old ones. Yes I'm still more likely to have a boy, but not as likely as I was.
You can't be sure how accurate 1 part by itself is either because most people do more than 1 sway tactic.
I believe I have a naturally higher level of testosterone, going by my body type, and personality, and little things about my body that can be an indicator.
It could all be complete rubbish, but even science is beginning to back the fact that maternal condition can contribute to the child's gender, although if it was all scout that you'd have places where only girls were born or only boys and they wouldn't survive as a population very long as they wouldn't have anyone to reproduce with. Like in places of famine, there is a higher rate of girls born. Someone has got to have the boys.
I want more babies whatever the case. I'm packing up clothes that my youngest had out grown and am sad that if I do have girls these clothes will go unworn. But if I'm going to have another baby because I love having children, I might as well see if a few simple changes can make a difference.
I've got a friend who had 4 girls before she got her boy, then had another girl, so went on and had 2 more boys.
I know people who, through swaying a few times, have managed to perfectly balance their families. It may all be one hug coincidence. There is no way of knowing. And I know I was skeptical at first. But the more I look into it the more sense it all makes. And it's not like someone trying to sell you something. So I just think hey why not. Why not give it a go and see where it takes you.

I think im becoming okay with the fact im having another girl but must admit I am excited to try again. but am also nervous I may not succeed in getting my boy a 3rd time again . but im gonna give it a shot. for any of you that have children close together how do u manage ? & how do you feel about it? any recommendations? I was thinking of trying in October of 2015. putting this baby at about 13 months old & at 22 months (almost 2) when the next one comes. is it crazy to have a child in their terrible 2's and a newborn???

my smallest gap is 20 months between my 1st 2 and i loved it. its my favourite gap. i talk to a mum i met on here with 5 boys and her favourite gaps are her smaller ones. I didn't plan on bigger gaps that 2 years, and i'd love to get a gap of around 18 months to 2 years again, but took longer ttc each time and just the way it turned out.

Im really no good at nub theory and skull size etc but this was one of our shots - is that a nub i can see or just a line? Ive bought a intelligender to see what that says too.

Ill let you know cnesweeney i have a terrible two and so worried having a newborn too in october - i am told in time it gets easier and they can entertain one another

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 10
i'm not great at it, i need a really obvious nub to be able to guess lol

my smallest gap is 20 months between my 1st 2 and i loved it. its my favourite gap. i talk to a mum i met on here with 5 boys and her favourite gaps are her smaller ones. I didn't plan on bigger gaps that 2 years, and i'd love to get a gap of around 18 months to 2 years again, but took longer ttc each time and just the way it turned out.

Good to hear smaller age gaps are good :thumbup:

I think its an individual thing as I know people who prefer their bigger gaps but I guess many factors play a part, such as how your child reacts to having a baby round.

When I first told my family I was pregnant again they thought I was crazy because my son didn't know how to walk yet but I told them it's 10 months away and he should be walking by then. He's walking now and I still have almost 4 months to go. They will be 21 months apart so I won't know til then how it'll go.
As of right now I prefer a smaller age hap compared to a bigger one since they will bond better.
Have you posted anywhere else?
Ttclou25 if it's the nub I'm seeing it looks like a boy...

I don't see a nub at all in the photo :(. My boys are 22 months apart and I absolutely LOVE it. This baby will be almost four years apart from my youngest and that makes me totally sad.

Mine are now 8,6,4 and almost 6 months. Theres 20 months between DS1 and 2, then they were 4yrs 1m and 2yrs 4ms when DS3 was born and then 7yrs 8ms, 6yrs 1wk and 3yrs 7ms when DS4 arrived.
Its interesting to see the different dynamics between them with the different gaps. But DS3 will be at school this year, DS1 and 2 are off out to friends houses etc at the weekends and DS3 will be joining them at their clubs this year too. I keep thinking of DS4s little face in a year or two when his brothers are off doing their thing and he is stuck with boring old Mummy. My older ones have the same friends and over lapped their time at preschool so they helped the younger one settle in before moving on to 'big school' he will be like DS1 and have to start all by himself not knowing anyone. He needs a playmate close in age LOL Thats my reasoning anyway.

I probably looked at the wrong thing and thought it was a nub lol! I dont have much experience at nub guessing but its always fun to just look at them and try to guess what they will turn out to be.

My son is a pretty easy going baby, not throwing much tantrums yet so I am hoping he will stay the same way when baby gets here but again, he's not 2 yet so I dont know. I'm just concerned about nap times and how I can put both of them to nap. I will probably have to put the younger one to nap first but then the older one will probably scream if he doesnt see me. I can always put baby in the swing...anyone suggestions ladies? Seriously, how did you work your way around 2 babies?

I also vow to put new baby in his own crib because I think I made a horrible mistake by cosleeping with my son. He is super clingy now at bed times and nap times. Wont sleep on his own, I always have to be there to soothe him to sleep and hes almost 1.5 years. I know its horrible of me to do the things that I do but I just want him to sleep instead of having to put up a fight.

Have you ladies read anything about not having an orgasm to conceive a girl? I never had an orgasm and still ended up with 2 boys. The idea just came to mind...

I've read about it, it's to do with the amount of vaginal fluids you have when you orgasm and also ph. Not tried it though.

Hello kitty I've always co-slept in the beginning, by the time each one arrived the one before had stopped napping in the day.
I was lucky dh was always home for bedtime and didn't mind helping so he'd either hold the baby or he'd do bedtime. This time ds3 was the most clingy but also older enough to understand when I'd say I have to go feed the baby, I will come back when he is done. And he'd either fall asleep waiting or I'd go back after and read to him. I now stand in the room for a little while reading or singing, then leave him there awake. I stand because he is in a bunk bed and I can't get in comfortably with a wriggly baby lol I get the baby to sleep afterwards, because they simply make too much noise thundering up the stairs lol

I put Lo in his own room and cot at 3 months :blush: i struggle to share my bed with DH let alone baby too lol

I like the thought of co sharing but i wake at a pin dropping it would be a nightmare

Baby goes in his bed right away with us but I was downstairs with baby a lot not to wake anyone for 3/4 weeks

As far as the orgasm thing goes I believe you have to climax at the same time to achieve boy ? I think it's because it helps to push the sperm into the cervix more quickly giving the boys a headstart. But again it's just a sway tactic for someone trying to get a boy. You could still get a boy by pure chance without swaying . Just like I didn't follow any sway tactics for a girl either time and here we are! Lol

Orgasming also increases the amount of vaginal fluid, which has a more alkaline pH (favouring boys and killing off girls)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->