Had 12 weeks scan

Al Syr

Reaction score
Baby is measuring a day ahead of LMP. So I was pretty sure after this scan I would feel more relaxed ... I don't!

I need this worry to stop!

How are you all dealing with the constant worry? What are some positive thoughts you are having? Or positive anything that makes you worry less?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 29
I have my 12 week scan later this evening and I've been worried for weeks. Mainly due to my ex being a stress inducing idiot and I've had a couple of bleeds.
I think after the scan I'll feel less stressed because hopefully everything is OK.
It's a lot easier said than done but try not to worry, you have a lovely scan photo and baby is all happy and healthy. :hugs:

Naww sooo cute! For me i worry until they are born, then after that it's a whole new list of worries lol

Look at that cute little baby! :cloud9:

I just try to enjoy every minute possible, in case something does go wrong. I don't want to look back and realize I spent my whole time worrying, instead of enjoying the time I was given. And stay busy!

After 4 losses I've learned that there's nothing you can do, it will be what it will be and worrying definitely does help baby! So , be happy, today you are pregnant and also look for small milestones otherwise it feels overwhelming! For instance, I'm 4 weeks so I'm counting down the days till the heart starts beating 13ish more days, when I reach that I'll count down to first scan, then the time baby can start to move, then to my 12 week scan, then to 2nd tri, then to when the "should" be able to tell gender, then to first movements and so on and so on... little milestones make the difference!!!!

Look at that cute little baby! :cloud9:

I just try to enjoy every minute possible, in case something does go wrong. I don't want to look back and realize I spent my whole time worrying, instead of enjoying the time I was given. And stay busy!

This. Especially after having a miscarriage, I just realize how important it is for me to celebrate being pregnant while I'm pregnant. I think I really realized this last time when I was put in limbo for 3 weeks with a high chance of miscarrying. My choice was to let the worry overwhelm me or to keep hoping and celebrate while the baby's heart was still beating. I chose the latter, and I do believe it's a choice. Of course I worry sometimes, but then I pray and remind myself to enjoy.

Try to celebrate each new week of pregnancy, spend some time each day thinking about your baby and what he/she might be like- laying down with your hands on your belly or wandering the baby sections in a store, etc., tell yourself what a great heartbeat your baby has and remember to be thankful for healthy ultrasounds, etc.

For me, I may have conquered my worry a bit in pregnancy, but the worry when they come is a whole other story, haha!

Neverbeast88, good luck on your scan!

Thank you all for the suggestions I will definitely try them. I think my next milestone is hitting 2nd tri. What is it 14 weeks right? So I am a week and a half away.

Baby is measuring a day ahead of LMP. So I was pretty sure after this scan I would feel more relaxed ... I don't!

I need this worry to stop!

How are you all dealing with the constant worry? What are some positive thoughts you are having? Or positive anything that makes you worry less?

Love the ultrasound pic. Hard to believe mine looks like that too...No, ultrasound for me until around 18 weeks....

Congrats! Lovely scan pic. I was a wreck before the scan but I have relaxed since then. I don't think you ever stop worrying but it isn't as consuming now and I do allow myself to get excited and start planning ahead. Enjoy!

I'm still having a hard time. I have an ultrasound tomorrow and I am hoping the worry will end. We shall see tho. Maybe when movement is all the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->