Had 20wk scan today - question for you.

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

We just had 20wk scan and we team pink. The sonographer was dead nice wwhile scanning then she finished and hadnt asked to see if we wanted to know boy or girl so i asked and she said she did look earlier and she thinks a girl. She seemed dead pissed that we asked and said not to buy all pink! When we were looking babies legs were obvious and moving and there was nothing at all in between that could have suggested boy. I saw glimpse of 3 lines and hubby who didnt take eyes off screen described 3 lines!

we are having a girl, if comes out a boy then so what but i jst think the sonograoher was being moody! also 2 old wives tales said girl and so many people have said is a girl and if was boy because of how we saw in between legs we wud ave seen. scan pic is of head, will add later.

Xx

Im exactly the same as you I was told boy but if it comes out girl thats life lol congrats to you being on team :pink:

Congrats on Team pink.

I wouldn't let the sonographer's attitude annoy you, in my opinion most of them are quite grumpy anyway. I suppose they lost their enthusiasm a long time ago as performing scans is like running along a conveyor belt to them they do it 24/7.

I had a gender scan that said girl and was looking forward to it being confirmed at 20 week scan but baby didn't want to cooperate so the sonographer only said that she would 'guess' girl. We saw the three lines during the scan though, she might have just been looking at something else whilst doing it so if you saw it then I'd take that as you're having a girl. Congrats x

We were told 70% girl (which is what we both guessed as soon as I found out I was pregnant). She recommended buying some neutral things just in case as they can't guarantee. She also suggested having a few names in case she doesn't look like the name we choose! I'm quite happy to listen to any advice, it's up to me whether I choose to take it.

Id say if you saw nothing obvious inbetween legs and are sure you sure the 3 lines then you are having a Girl :) Congratulations!!! xx

This is why I paid for a private gender scan just incase this was to happen at my 20 week scan....I think alot of the Sonographers get pissed cos the 20 week scan is meant for checking Abnormailities and not sexting(obv they will say if they see or you ask etc)...But I am sorry she was this way with you, that's not fair :( x

Ahhh lovely news!! Congrats on your girly :) xxx

Congrats on Team pink.

I wouldn't let the sonographer's attitude annoy you, in my opinion most of them are quite grumpy anyway. I suppose they lost their enthusiasm a long time ago as performing scans is like running along a conveyor belt to them they do it 24/7.

our sonographer for the dating scan was absolutely fantastic. She was so enthusiastic it was like the baby was hers! :thumbup: The rest of our sonographers that we've had since then can't compare. She gave us some amazing pictures. I reckon they should all be happy in their jobs, they get to see these little miracles everyday and to share in such a special time

Id say if you saw nothing obvious inbetween legs and are sure you sure the 3 lines then you are having a Girl :) Congratulations!!! xx

This is why I paid for a private gender scan just incase this was to happen at my 20 week scan....I think alot of the Sonographers get pissed cos the 20 week scan is meant for checking Abnormailities and not sexting(obv they will say if they see or you ask etc)...But I am sorry she was this way with you, that's not fair :( x

We went for the private gender scan as well for this reason. The 2 20week scans we've had so far both said baby was a girl so looks like we are deffo team pink.

Congrats on your pink bundle hula! x

She was probably just covering her ass hun, just in case!! Congrats xxx

Mine was a bit like that, but she was friendly. I asked if we were having a boy because i thought i saw something between the legs. In fact she replied she thought it was a girl and it was the cord we were seeing! I was astonished. Anyway, we had to go for a walk and come back to get her to move around a bit. When i went back i said 'so it's a girl then' and the sonographer had forgotten (as she'd scanned others in between) so she checked again and said yeh girl. I didnt get to see the three lines though.

We also went for a private gender scan for reassurance :) Still pink!

CONGRATS!

Congrats on your little girl! If u didn't see anything inbetween her legs then I'd say girl! It was very obvious when we had our sons scan that he was a boy! I had already guessed before she showed us his little willy where as with this little girl iv never seen anything on the scans so welcome to team :pink: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->