Had enough with stinky Flips!!

Monkeh

Dexter's Mummy
Reaction score
Have done three strip washes on my flip inserts within a week and they still stink the minute he pees on them! Is there anything more drastic I can do? How do I use bleach with them? Just put it in the conditioner tray? Do I use detergent too when bleaching?

Hellpppp!!

i wouldnt use bleach in the machin hun, just incase theres still some left afterwards and it ruins something..just fill a bucket with water and a bit of bleach and soak them for an hour or so then rinse out in the bath or shower then run a rinse then wash cycle :)

sara

xxxxxxxx

I've found adding napisan to the wash is keeping them fresh i've not had stink issues yet and Noah is a heavy wetter.

I think Napisan is working for me too... I wet pail dirty nappies in quite a strong solution of Napisan (they were staining horribly otherwise) so when I bung them in the wash with the rest of the dry pailed nappies, I think the Napisan comes out of the soaked nappies and keeps the rest nice too.

Im dry pailing and popping napisan in the wash. The are in the pail 2-3 days as I only have enough nappies for 2 and a bit days (well nappies I use) :rofl:

i dry pail and use napisan in the washer too, although i havent for the last 2 weeks and its made no difference lol
ive also used bleach in the machine, half a cap full but i make sure i rinse a few times to flush it out of the machine.

Not had any smell issues with Flips...or with anything actually?? I dry pail and dont use anything like napisan. I wash every 2-3 days depending on if Ive used all my night nappies or not (as OH has a tendancy to use the night nappies during the daytime...!) with non bio (usually gel as I find it cleans really well) and I sometimes use Vanish bar and the first strip wash I add 1/4 measure of vanish powder...there are a few nappies that say dont use it but its not killed anything and they all work perfectly fine!
Wonder why they end up smelling for some and not for others....could it be to do with the efficiency of the washing machine or the rinsing?

I wet pail with napisan, no probs with stinky flips so far

....could it be to do with the efficiency of the washing machine or the rinsing?

No idea! My washing machine is brand new though so you'd think it'd be efficient. Will try bleach in a bucket tomorrow. :) Weird that it's just my flips. Everything else is lovely and non stinky, but the flips smell disgusting :sick:

Mine don't smell great. iI think I might wet pail with some earth-friendly bleach.
EDIT: I've ordered some Ecover bleach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->