Had my first scan! What does this mean??

MeggyMoo87

Reaction score
I had my first scan on Thursday at the early pregnancy unit and they were all so lovely! I saw the same consultant that I did when I had my ectopic and my miscarriage and she was so happy for us! They did a scan and Ive been put back a week or so ( I thought I was 7+3 and put me at 6+3) but thats not the end of the world. They ruled out it being ectopic and said everything was in the right place. They saw the yolk sac but no fetal pole or heatbeat yet. She said not to worry though as its still early, and she has made me an appointment for two weeks time for another scan, so hopefully we will see a heatbeat then!

Only bad thing was that they saw quite a large cyst on my right ovary (the only one I have left), that was about 4cmx3cm, and said that they will need to keep a really close eye on it. What can cause cysts etc??

Could be a corpus luteum cyst which forms after the egg is released during ovulation...look it up...its harmless...but can burst and cause bleeding. Unless they seemed worried about it, I wouldn't worry too much!

all women get a cyst on the overy that they release an egg from. The cyst feeds the pregnancy till the placenta takes over at around 9-12 weeks. Sometimes these cysts get big, they can cause pain. They will just keep n eye on it for you. But normlly its fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->