Hair dye??

Got mine done yesterday, lovely permanent colour thru it and a great cut. It made me feel sooo much better!

Hi, just wondering can you have your hair dyed while pregnant?

Also, while im here, i have a stinking cold, whats safe to take for it?
I know i cant take asprin, what not too sure what i can take.

Thanks

You can take tylenol or bendryl for your cold... and I've been told you can dye your hair although sometimes your hair because of the excess hormones, doesn't take the exact color you have chosen... so it might be a bit darker or lighter.

I used to work in a salon up untill 30 weeks, doing about 4-5 hair dyes a day, My friend is 37 weeks pregnant and is still working in the salon. I also had another friend who got her roots done once every 2 weeks up until the day before her lo arrived.

I asked my doctor If it was safe and he said aslong as you have some sort of ventalation and dont have ur nose deep down in the hair dye it should be fine lol

All tho saying that I was super para about something going wrong in my pregnancy so I used to wear a mask thingy coveringmy nose n mouth lol

Sounds like everyone has covered every option.
I decided to wait til 2nd tri for no good reason other than I felt better about it - plus couldn't get a damn appointment before then ;) I felt a bit better than it's semi and that it's the hairdresser doing it with foils, so minimal contact.
Lots of people, lots of opinions, your choice in the end :)

Hi, just wondering can you have your hair dyed while pregnant?

Also, while im here, i have a stinking cold, whats safe to take for it?
I know i cant take asprin, what not too sure what i can take.

Thanks

You can take tylenol or bendryl for your cold... and I've been told you can dye your hair although sometimes your hair because of the excess hormones, doesn't take the exact color you have chosen... so it might be a bit darker or lighter.

We're not allowed to take Benedryl over here at all when pregnant :(

I'm going to dye mine tonight!!! Desperately needs doing!!

I have been wanting highlights, but im going to wait till my 13th week just to be on the safe side, I might change my mind and not highlight at all (it isn't a must for me, no greying hair, I have my natural hair colour a dirty blonde so my hair doesn't look bad, I just want a change!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->