Hard time with the name. Need support!

MJthrillme

Reaction score
Hi there! I just found out I'm having a baby boy. I'm almost 13 weeks and had a blood test done along with the down syndrome test done at 10 weeks. I'm having a hard time with the name we picked out. Well... my mom mainly is the one who is giving me a hard time about it. I want to name my son after my grandfather because he had such a huge impact on my life. We want the name to be Adron Ezra. I love the name! I know I shouldn't care what people think, but I think most daughters have a hard time doing something when their mother doesn't approve. I just know you ladies are and have a great support system and I really need it right now.

Thank you guys in advance.

I say go for it. I had so much family chime in on what I should name my babies. I chose the names anyways. Some hated them some liked them. My mom and my husbands mom always had different opinions but they learn to like them anyways. It's your baby your choice! It will grow on her.

You should use the name. I think it has a nice ring to it :)

Thank you guys. It's nice to have people say they like the name. I think that's what I need right now. I want to honor my grandpa because he was my second dad honestly. I don't know where I'd be without him. He didn't much like his own name, but I love it and I want to use it. I told my mom that her grandsons name is gonna be Adron whether she likes it or not. If I decide to change it, it's mone and my husbands decision. I'm not much worried about his family. They usually don't say much on things like this because they know they won't change my mind lol!

Thank you ladies again. It's so nice to have support with this name! :)

Do you know what it is she doesn't like about the name? Is it the actual name or that it's a nod to your Grandfather? Is that your Grandfathers actual name or a variation of it?

I've never heard the name Adron before, it sounds cool :). It is lovely to choose a name with such meaning, My middle name is a family name and it means a lot to me. You'll never please everyone, sad as that is, but as long as you choose the name you love and think sill suit your LO that's all you can do!

Do you know what it is she doesn't like about the name? Is it the actual name or that it's a nod to your Grandfather? Is that your Grandfathers actual name or a variation of it?

She just doesn't like his name I guess. She says he might get bullied with it. There are tons of children with weird names that are far worse than Adron although I don't think it's a bad name at all. It's his actual name.

I don't think he would get bullied for that name. It's unusual but not weird :)

I don't see what bullies would have to say about that name. My best friend when I went to school was named after her grandmother - Shirlie Vivienne - as you can imagine it was a very old school name in the 90's but she wore it so proudly & no one picked on her. She's a very family orientated, sentimental person to this day so I would use it. I think it's cool but my opinion shouldn't count for anything. Your mum will accept it once he's here :)

Very beautiful and unique name, besides our mother's don't always agree but still love us :)
Good Luck x

I love the name you've chosen! I've also met some kids with ridiculous names who were super popular. I think certain types of kids get targeted for bullying just because the bullies can see that they're sweet kids. They can sniff out the good ones and put them through heck! I have seen it too many times, but the name won't change whether or not the kid is bullied.

My mom and/or sister have always had something to say about my name choice. It passes. Once the name is linked to the baby, everyone who loves the baby loves the name. I wouldn't worry at all about it. It will pass!

Is this pronounced Ay-drun?

I love Ezra. Go for it. I see no issue

It's definitely not too out there, can't see any reason why he'd get picked on for it. It's a pretty cool name!

Like others have said, once a baby has a name, most people connected to them grow to like it anyway, even if they didn't before. I can remember mentioning the name Elsie when I was pregnant with my DD1, and my mum turned her nose up at it and said it wasn't her cup of tea at all. Elsie is 2 now, and my mum absolutely loves her name, because it's her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->