Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt2

Been to see it again since :D will be doing 2 more times also :happydance:

It was fantastic, I started crying about 15minutes into it and continued crying for the rest of the film.

It felt like I was saying goodbye to my childhood! :cry:

I do think they ventured too far from the book in some places, although the final battle was visually stunning, I vastly prefer the way it was done in the book. Anyone that read the books should know what I mean!

Loved the final sequence too, my teenage brother, who has little or no interest in HP even commented that Hermione turned out to be a MILF :rofl:

Definitely going to see it again, currently re-reading Philosophers Stone :cloud9:

aah I can't wait to see this!!!

And then go home and watch all of them from the beginning (again)

I saw it yesterday! Cried loads! Felt like my childhood had ended! Fabulous movie! :cry:

Watched it... cried... I feel like the last bit of my childhood is gone now. I can't believe it's over :

Can't wait for Elyse to read the books.

You guys are making me jealous! I'm still BF about every couple of hours during the day (sometimes every hour) at 6 months. I'm going to have to wait till it dies down a bit and go in the morning so I can take him with me, either that or wait till the dvd :(
Would have loved to be at the premiere as well to say farewell.

we're going on friday & i can't bloomin wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to see it today, 3D IMAX. I agree with the previous post that it strayed too far from the book but that it was visually stunning. I read through all the books recently, as is apparently my wont when on mat leave, so it was all quite fresh which meant the changes were very striking for me and thinking about them made it hard to follow the story in the film iyswim.

I agree that Neville's role in the prophecy and the last battle was greatly understated which I thought a shame.
A little thing, but in the book Snape's memories are pouring out of his every facial orifice so it was odd for them to change that to a couple of tears. :shrug:
The scene with Snape talking to the strangely small collective school then Harry leaping out was really odd and didn't seem to add anything to the cinematic story at all. It seemed to be there purposely to remind us to hate him and didn't fit with his role at all.
Neville mentioning the Carrows must've been leading to a scene left on the cutting room floor as without having read the book their reference was meaningless.
DH hasn't read it since the book came out and ge was flummoxed over Malfoy who's good/badness wasn't clarified at all and his role in the film seemed, at best, limited.
I also didn't like how the connection with Voldemort was changed with him feeling the death of the horcruxes rather than Harry seeing him looking for them. It seemed a bit lacking that way.
I also wasn't a fan of how the final battle panned out with Harry and Voldemort alone rather than in the Hall though the flying bit was very cool.
On the good side was how it was visually. I particularly liked the stone knights, they were probably some of the best special effects I've seen in a long time! The protective spells around the castle were fab too and the dragon from Gringotts.
They were so funny as grown ups! :rofl:

I feel quite sad that they are at an end. Has anyone else registered on the pottermore website? I wonder what it's going to be like...?

Saw it last night & though I thought the effects were amazing & the film was pretty fab I was left a bit disappointed with a few things & was pretty shocked that I didnt cry as I cried loads at the book & I'm a pretty emotional person:

What i thought I would cry at were the 3 deaths & i didnt because I felt they were brushed over & you didnt really get much emotion from it, I felt the film was saying 'yes yes there dead now lets move on'.
also the whole Malfoy thing, did he even speak in the film?? and then you see him at the end & if you havent read the books you dont know if hes still evil or a good guy now.
In the books isnt Neville Longbottom & Reamus & Tonks child supposed to be at the station at the very end too??

Still was fantastic though especially in 3D x

Totally agree reedy and yes to your last question, Teddy is definitely there. I did well up but was hardly balling which I was more like with the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->