Has anyone else heard this rumor about pre-seed? is it true..

Abii

Mommy to 5 perfect kids & #6 otw♡
Reaction score
Bear with me sorry its so long.
I was almost positive that we caught the eggy this cycle cause I've been having promising symptoms and just feeling pregnant, I've even had 3 faint lines, 1 on a frer and the other 2 on ic's so today thinking my lines should be darker took another frer but it was stark white bfn:cry: I am 11dpo today and af is due the 25th so I have a slight chance still but not feeling hopeful at all anymore after a rumor I heard:nope: I used pre-seed and softcups this cycle but 3 other friends who are actively ttc told me that pre-seed caused them to have multiple chemical pregnancies, I didn't want to believe it because with my dd the pre-seed worked like a charm the first time we used it but now Im starting to wonder if thats true and what I am having is indeed a chemical pregnancy because I had 2 faint lines and now nothing:wacko:
I felt my heart break alittle today when I saw that bfn so now Im terrified to test again:sad1:

:hugs: I'm sorry this is stressing you out doll. I've never heard that rumor. I used Pre-Seed when I got preggers this past May but that ended in my second B2B m/c in July. I doubt using the PS had anything to do with that though. CP's happen quite often and before super sensitive HPT's women would have never been the wiser. I hope it's not a CP for you though and you do end up with a good, strong BFP! :dust:

I've read this one various websites before. The hypothesis is that it helps the swimmers move along, and may help the "subpar" swimmers also. So you're more likely to get a subpar swimmer that gets to the egg, get a less than quality embryo that implants, and subsequently, you get the chemical. It's a reasonable idea….but it's certainly not proven. My OB recommended preseed, and there is published data that it doesn't kill or damage sperm, unlike other lubes.
I think, more likely, women who are using pressed are testing early and often, and are therefore catching chemical pregnancies that other women may never be aware of and it may have nothing whatsoever to do with the lube type.
I'm still using it, month #2, going on 3. I don't test early, as of now though.

I've heard that rumor however.... Keep in mind this information is coming only from women who are TTC and not from all women... Its only actively TTC women that even recognize or even know what a chemical pregnancy is.... chemicals happen to all women its just us active ttcrs who know when we have one so the chances of us recognizing a chemical is much much higher! Whether preseed is the culprit or not...now...cchemicals related to preseed.. Well there is no research that is reliable that indicates preseed was the reason. I have searched everywhere.....I am very good at digging up research... So my conclusion is...tho the theory is possible.... There's no research that I have found that is reliable... That proves it. I figured its worth the try.

Thank you gonnagetabump, I have also looked everywhere thats why I asked because I couldnt find any answers but sadly, I still think Im having a chemical. We will see in a couple days Im having horrid cramping now so Im not going to test anymore Im just waiting for af if it doesnt show on the 25th and still not by the 26th I may test again:shrug: I was just so sad after that bfn today I almost felt like I did when I had my mc:sad1:
I decided to try something new though incase we get a bfn, I bought some conceive plus instead of pre-seed just to try something new. Maybe it will bring us luck

Jus keep in mind if it is a chemical....anything could have caused it. Not just preseed.... I recommend b complex for progesterone and baby aspirin to aid implantation. Good luck

This will be my first month trying preseed. Everything apparently causes cancer these days so I'm not too worried... it's not used in huge quantities!

This is also my first month using pre-seed. I hope not, its our 11 mo ttc.

So sorry this is happening to you :( I'm not sure about the rumor, but wanted to let you know I used preseed when ttc the first time and never had a chemical (I test a lot). The only line I ever had turned into a lasting pregnancy. I think that chemicals are pretty common and a sign that things are working properly... Sperm met egg etc. hope you get a dark line very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->