Has anyone else in uk considered an early pregnancy scan?

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
I seem to be more worried this time round than with DD and am seriously considering going to have a private scan at 7 weeks. Do you think I'm crazy?
Having quite bad cramping this time round and was in hospital at start of pregnancy on lots of meds etc so feel really worried.
Thing is, the scan is £90 and I'd have to wait 2 weeks anyway as they only start doing them at 7 weeks. Also, I'm not sure how to talk hubby into it as we're not exactly rich lol

Also, anyone who has done this that can share experience? Or am I the only crazy one??

Thinking of using baby bond as that's who we went to for gender scan at 17 weeks with DD

I don't have any experience to share, sorry. But I wanted to say, I think excessive worrying isn't very good for the baby, so you should consider that as you and your husband are trying to decide what to do :)

We got one with Maddie (at 8 weeks) and will do the same with this bean - provided all is well for the next 2 weeks... I had a chemical the month before I got pregnant with Maddie and was so nervous about everything my husband suggested it. Once I saw a heartbeat I was much more relaxed. I'd read if you see a heartbeat at 8 weeks it's 98 percent likely to go to term. For me it was worth every penny - which is why we're going to do it again.

I've got an app with my midwife on Thursday so will see what she says first as my doctor said I might get an early scan anyway due to ultrasound in hospital showing fluid in my pelvis

I had an early scan for £85. I thought I was 7 weeks but the tech said I was 6. At least I saw a heartbeat. Did it reduce my worries? No. I still worry the same when my symptoms are fading away or when I read that someone miscarried. Especially when they say that they saw the heartbeat but later miscarried anyway. I think if I have to decide it again I will still do it just because I am so impatient. However make sure you go well into your 7 weeks because if your dates are incorrect say for week you are not wasting your money as heartbeat is seen from 6+.

I had an early private scan at 8 weeks. It allowed me to relax knowing that everything was measuring right for the dates, that it was growing in the right place and that there was a heartbeat. It was really wonderful. Yes, it looked like a blob with a flickering heartbeat but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Plus is was great to see the difference at my 12 week scan :D

We've seen babybond at 8 weeks, both with Ruby and DS, it was a real help so planning to do the same with this one if I get that far x

I saw babybond at 9 weeks. Best thing ever. Hearing and seeing the heartbeat, and knowing the stats if you have a healthy heartbeat at 9 weeks has put me at ease. We're not flush but it wasp net well spent In my opinion.

I am having one at the end of this week, though this is because I am under the advise of a fs. I am really worrying and hope that this will give me reassurance. I would certainly have paid for an early one even if we had not been under the advise of a fs because I do not want to be feeling like this to 12 weeks (maybe more with xmas). I know I will worry still a bit, we all do but this will help I am sure. :hugs:

Keep an eye on FB offers and sites like group on. I got 50% off gender scan via fb it was £37.50 with the discount and covered all the scans they do so think the early scan would have been £45 with discount. I am in Scotland but I bet many places do similar offers. Good luck x

I'm going to get one at 9ish weeks i think. The clinic near me has a special Christmas offer for 50% off all scans so itll be £35. Hopefully everything will be ok as it will be a few days before Christmas x

I am having one at 11 weeks + 2, not exactly early I know lol, but with my MMC at 12 weeks my baby measured 11 weeks so even if I got a scan and everything was fine at 7 weeks I still wouldn't be happy til out of the first tri. The only reason I'm getting one is because I am 12 weeks on Christmas Day so there's no chance of me getting my dating scan before January due to the festive season and I don't want to worry over Christmas.
I would say that if you are feeling overly anxious and think an early scan would make you feel better then go for it, maybe ask people for money towards it for an early Christmas present? But if you think you will still be wracked with worry til after the first tri no matter what, like myself, then maybe not worth it.

I am having one at 11 weeks + 2, not exactly early I know lol, but with my MMC at 12 weeks my baby measured 11 weeks so even if I got a scan and everything was fine at 7 weeks I still wouldn't be happy til out of the first tri. The only reason I'm getting one is because I am 12 weeks on Christmas Day so there's no chance of me getting my dating scan before January due to the festive season and I don't want to worry over Christmas.
I would say that if you are feeling overly anxious and think an early scan would make you feel better then go for it, maybe ask people for money towards it for an early Christmas present? But if you think you will still be wracked with worry til after the first tri no matter what, like myself, then maybe not worth it.

Yeah I'm 12 weeks on New Year's Eve so reckon I'm gonna encounter the same problem :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->