Has anyone experienced....

mommy237

Reaction score
I went to the doctor yesterday around 2:30 and did a urine test for my pregnancy and it came back negative. Ive had multiple positive test some have been faint but positive and Ive had a few negative. I diluted one of my test and the positive came up right away ....I took a quantitative blood test. I should know the results later today or tomorrow and im stressing. Why would I have some positive test and then negative with their urine test. Then they asked me had I ever had any high risk pregnancies and was I taking prenatals. Im so confused.

I got positives at home, but they considered the test at the clinic negative with this pregnancy. I was so confused! My initial blood HCG count was low but by no means negative (like 55 or something). The next draw 48 hours later had doubled to 130 or something like that. My numbers never got super duper high like some women’s do, but all is well so far!

How far along are you now. I just don't understand I've never had this much complication with the status of being pregnant. Are tests at the doctor not as sensitive?

I've actually heard of this happening quite often. Supposedly the tests at the doctor are not very sensitive so they might show negative. As long as your blood work shows positive that is all that matters.

I've actually heard of this happening quite often. Supposedly the tests at the doctor are not very sensitive so they might show negative. As long as your blood work shows positive that is all that matters.

I so anxious for my results and stressing out I can barely concentrate. I hope everything comes out right! Thank you !

How far along are you now. I just don't understand I've never had this much complication with the status of being pregnant. Are tests at the doctor not as sensitive?

I’m 25 weeks now :)

I used frer at home, and the doctors test was not nearly as sensitive.

My blood test came back negative but I still don't believe it so I took another test

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 81
So sorry you’re in this limbo! Maybe wait a few days and try testing again with FMU. Then you can request further boood work. It’s possible you’re just super super early. Did they give you a number for your hCG? Good luck. I hope it all works out for you.

My blood test came back negative but I still don't believe it so I took another test

How frustrating! I’m sorry you’re going through this... I know how frustrating it is not knowing what’s going on. Did they give you your actual hcg number?

Thank you and they were quite rude they didn’t even want to tell me where I could get an ultrasound .

Yes, I had a faint positive home test and at the Dr. office the next day they almost marked it negative because it was almost not visible. I showed them a pic of my home test and that swayed them to say it was positive. It does happen, I think some of their tests are not as sensitive as some we have access to over the counter.
Best of luck to you :)

Yes, I had a faint positive home test and at the Dr. office the next day they almost marked it negative because it was almost not visible. I showed them a pic of my home test and that swayed them to say it was positive. It does happen, I think some of their tests are not as sensitive as some we have access to over the counter.

Thank you so much, and I heard one of the nurses out side say there is a pink line and then they came in a few minutes later and said It was negative. She also asked me if I've ever had a high risk pregnancy and if I was taking prenatal vitamins. But if they claim my test to be negative why would any of that matter.

Thank you so much, and I heard one of the nurses out side say there is a pink line and then they came in a few minutes later and said It was negative. She also asked me if I've ever had a high risk pregnancy and if I was taking prenatal vitamins. But if they claim my test to be negative why would any of that matter.

That is horrible :( I am sorry you had to go through that. I would try to see if you can find a new doctors office to go to because they seem very unprofessional. They say a line is a line and means that you are pregnant, maybe you are just very very early? I also found out very early this time around the test they took in the office was faint so they sent me for an u/s and said they couldn't see a pregnancy yet. So far I am still pregnant. Hopefully you are too and are just early<3

That is horrible :( I am sorry you had to go through that. I would try to see if you can find a new doctors office to go to because they seem very unprofessional. They say a line is a line and means that you are pregnant, maybe you are just very very early? I also found out very early this time around the test they took in the office was faint so they sent me for an u/s and said they couldn't see a pregnancy yet. So far I am still pregnant. Hopefully you are too and are just early<3

Thank you ! I'm going to see what I can do it'll cost $300 for me to have an ultrasound...I'm getting to the point that I may go to the ER and see what they say.I took another test this morning and another faint positive I've been getting faint positives for weeks I'm so lost:cry:

This is the test I took this morning

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 39
  • attachment1.jpg
    attachment1.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 36
  • attachment2.jpg
    attachment2.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 38
  • attachment3.jpg