Has anyone tried "The Love Dare"?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
A while back (couple yrs) I bought us the book "The Love Dare" because we were not in the best place in our relationship. We were going to do it together but it just never happened. Seemed like it was more for a husband and wife and even though we lived together, it just wasn't for us...yet. Well we are currently married as of April 13th and I have to be honest, not quite what I had expected. I still love him dearly and I know he loves me but I don't feel like husband and wife. We kind of have the whole roommates with benefits thing going on. I'm just wanting a little more from my marriage and believe that with a little work I can easily have it since our relationship is so strong. Just needs a little polishing I guess :winkwink: I know personally I've gotten so wrapped up in DS and he has in school and work. Sometimes we forget to make time for one another.

So my big question is has anybody tried this? If you aren't sure what it is, it is from the movie "Fireproof". It seems like a really good book and practice if you work hard at it and give it your all. What were the results for you? Did you do it alone or together? Last time we did it together and I found myself expecting the lesson gifts and realized that was not how it was intended. I think this time around I will do it on my own so I can fully reap the benefits without being selfish about it.

sounds like you have a great plan!

we started it a couple years ago, but then moved and had some complications in one of our pregnancies so forgot to start it again. but from what I remember it was great. I started before DH so we weren't on the same day. I can see what you are saying about expecting something. I think since we were on different days it wasn't like that. I was eager to see how he would do things as it was different than how I did it. maybe I should start it again.... hmmm....maybe I will dig our book out soon :flower:

I have to admit I did not follow through :dohh: But things are going much better for us anyway :thumbup:

well, the book is just a tool to bring you closer. so I think if you have accomplished it then that is great with or without the book :)

Thanks! :) We went through some issues with my health and I think that's what sort of brought us closer. We had a mc in December and a 2 chemicals my last 2 cycles. I have thyroid issues and discovered I also have elevated thyroid antibodies and that is where our fertility issues are coming from. There is no way to treat that either so we may not be able to have another child. We can "conceive" but the pregnancy won't progress because the antibodies attack it. Oddly enough that has brought us closer and we are coping pretty well I think.

oh wow hun! im so sorry to hear that :hugs: it is great that you are closer and supporting each other in the process, but my heart hurts to hear about your health issues. I will pray for you!!! never underestimate the power of prayer. can they explain how you were able to have your first baby? or is this something that has just started with your thyroid?

I didn't develop thyroid issues until after I had my son. It's actually very typical for it to happen that way. My thyroid hormone levels are back to normal but the antibodies if they were going to get better should have with the treatment of my other levels. Literally was told there is nothing we can do by my Doctor.

im so sorry to hear that! have you tried to google natural remedies that maybe your dr wouldn't be aware of? I know dr's are very knowledgeable, but even they can be wrong or just simply not know alternatives to the medicine they are aware of

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->