Have 4 boys already and was told #5 is a boy too.....

I often wonder if I 'jinxed' myself. I always used to say I wanted boys, I mean I did kind of assume there would be a girl in there somewhere, but I definitely wanted at least 2 boys first. Boys toys are so much cooler and their TV programs so much more exciting. There is always something exploding or some bad guy being chased down and captured.
I did want, at one time, just boys. It was after I had had a couple, and DH mentioned wanting a daughter, and DS1 wanted a sister, and everyone around me kept on about how I must want a girl, that made me feel that I was missing something.
It does seem unfair that some people just do not get to experience both genders. Especially when its something they want so desperately. I think the fact that I was happy with boys to begin with has probably helped me a lot. I know for a lot of the Mums of just boys that I have met through these kinds of sites, they have wanted a girl since their first or second child, or even before.

Yeah that was me. I wanted a girl from way before I had kids. At least just one. I actually knew I would be a mom of lots of kids but like you I figured I would have a mix and didn't care as long I had both genders.

It is weird how things turn out. Cause unless the tech was wrong (which from another site I was told if we saw that pointy thing at just 17weeks that it more than likely will stay that way) I am going to be buying myself a little girl puppy!

People have said to me there is always adoption and told me about people the know with a few boys who rather than take the risk again adopt a baby girl. I'm far too self conscious to express any preference if I went through the adoption process and would end up adopting a boy anyway LMAO
I was told boy at 16 weeks 5 days this time round, confirmed boy at 20 weeks and again at 31. At my 31 week scan we couldn't even see his face so got no pictures but the clearest most obvious part of him were his boy bits. Like he was dispelling any last lingering doubts I had after the 20 week scan, when I was told boy but not shown.
I was up in the back room this morning where all the baby stuff is, looking at the pram and the new clothes I've bought for him (my other boys old clothes are in the loft waiting for DH to bring them down so I can wash them, I've got 5 weeks to go, I think I need to kick him up there) and also have been recently looking at pictures of my boys as babies, showing them how small they were and what to expect when the new one comes, and I am now so excited to meet him. I think once he gets here and I hold him I'll know he was meant for me.
DS1 and DS2 held hands on the way home from school yesterday. At 7 and almost 6 they haven't done that in forever, the only time they normally touch each other is to hit the other one. It made me want to cry (hormones) I took a picture of them with out them knowing and posted it on facebook and FIL (one of 3 boys himself, whos own Dad was one of 6 boys) commented saying "brotherly love, it lasts a life time" and that made me feel so much better at the idea of all these boys, even in his 70s he loves his little brothers.

Also if you look at the other posts in here or do a member search looking for someone called geordiemummy she is also expecting her 5th boy and has really helped me a lot these past few months. She always wanted a girl right from DS1 or before, and she is definitely not having another, so although I do understand, I did want boys and I do have a tiny chance of one more, chatting to her may help you too

Thank you!! You have been great help. It is nice to talk to someone in in the same position. I am so glad that you are finally excited about your 4th boy and ready to meat him. My 4th boy is very excited to see his little brother. I am falling in love with him more and more too. I am sure by the time I am where you are I will be excited to finally have him out LOL. He was moving around last night and it was awesome to feel how much he is growing.

I will deal with not ever having a girl over time and plan on allowing myself the time I need to let it all set in.

Sorry you are feeling this way hun. I thought by looking at your scan hun that you were expecting another boy. Just think how much fun with your new little man you will have.

I don't know if you remember me but we started of in the ttc may thread together. I am still waiting to get my bfp, So just think of how lucky you are to be blessed with another healthy blessing. xxx

I do remember you my dear I do!! I sure hope you get your bfp real soon!

I'm so sorry you feel this way please try and stay positive, maybe it wasn't meant to be but maybe one day you will have a very special granddaughter who you will bind with so closely she will look at you like a mother. My nan always wanted a girl and had two boys I was her only granddaughter and she was the most precious person in my life I can't explain how special she made me feel no one has ever made me feel special like she did, maybe one day that could be you and your granddaughter and it is so very special with 5 boys you have a great chance of having at least one granddaughter so stay positive you still have so much to look forward just enjoy the journey.

Thank you. I am in a lot more positive place today than I was when I wrote the first post. I understand that maybe I am meant to have that granddaughter relationship as I have an amazing relationship with my grandmother too. She was my everything growing up. Even though I say this I am just not there yet to be ok with just that. I am ok with that cause I need to go through the grief process properly so that I will be in the right place for a relationship like that one day. I am going to be gentle with myself and allow myself all the bad in with the good until my heart is healed. I owe myself that. ;)

Well in the morning I will be having my 20 week u/s that will set my mind at ease and move on. :thumbup:

Hopefully you will get a nice clear, no doubt left shot, and then like you say can move on.

Well didn't get to see the parts, but that isn't my concern. Baby may need a blood transfusion and have to go back tomorrow to recheck him.

oh no how worrying, hope everything is ok when you go back!

Well good news that we don't have to go for a transfusion at the moment, so that is good. Oh and got a second look, not doubts he is all BOY!

I'm so relieved for you. That must have been very scary.

I have to go through this every two weeks if she is worried, so we aren't out of the woods yet. But for now things are good. I will go with that!

:hugs: AFTG

I'm in the same boat as you. LO wouldn't show us a clear view (even after we ended up paying for a second ultrasound) but the tech was fairly certain. I'm praying she's wrong, our donor turned out to be a carrier for a predominantly male defect with a high mortality rate. With all the complications of this pregnancy I know this will be our last chance & I just can't lose another child.

Thanks for sharing your story. Know you're not the only one hurting with each pink announcement. :hugs:

Gosh girl. I hope you get your healthy baby regardless which baby you get. That has got to be hard. :hugs: Did you want to do an amnio to see if baby does have this? Or are you just leaving up to our higher power?

From what the Dr's tell me,It's nothing they can test for until the babies born. They haven't even said whether they'll test at that point.

It's horrible but I'm glad I'm not the out one dealing with this in the group.

So I am not familiar with this defect. What happens to the child? When would affect baby? Can you child still live a long healthy life?

Gosh girl. For me once baby is out all the danger is gone (for the most part, unless he needs a transfusion, but even my really sick son didn't after birth), I can't imagine what you must be going through. Then not to know what you are having.

Well I will say one thing, you obviously aren't meant to know. You are meant to trust that everything is happening for a reason. Just like I am not meant to have girls, I don't know why but there is a reason. Whether I like it or not!! The hardest part is the trust part. But it is getting easier everyday, and I feel less saddened everyday. But I completely understand why you want to know. I am a knower, I like to know what is going on, so it is hard sometimes for me to let go and trust.

So something for me tonight ok? Before you go to bed write on a piece of paper asking for strength and courage to make it through this. Just remember to say thank you and the stronger the sensation will become. Promise!! :hugs: Will you do this for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->