Have I got my cycle all wrong?

FinlaysMummy

Pregnant with 2nd child
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :hi:

OK, so I guessed my cycle was 28 days, even though it's my 1st month after BCP and I've been on them that long I've really no idea how long my cycle is. :dohh:

I should be on CD3 now but no sign of AF yet, no signs of the :witch: turning up at all, but all my signs of pregnancy have disapeared (I think I was imagining them anyway).

I tested on CD27 but got a BFN, I don't really want to test again as it got me all upset seeing a BFN, think I might wait till the weekend to test again if AF doesn't show up.

What does everyone think?
I'm all confused. :wacko:

Hows everyone doing? Where you all at?

Before BCP my cycle was every 28-29 days without fail. Since coming off of them, the last two months, my cycle has been every 24 days!! I don't know if it's a permanent change or if my body is still adjusting to not having the BCP. For now I'm calling my cycle 24 days and am on day 9. We'll see how the month goes.

Hi Vicky
I thought I would be the same and have a really short cycle, last time I came off the pill years and years ago, I pretty much had a constant period, so I thought there was a chance it would happen again. I've always had funny periods, I think having ds might have helped sort them out, but I didn't think my cycle would be this long!

hi hun i have had one period since coming off the pill in september, my cycle whilst on the pill was 28 days, but its a "controlled cycle". the period i have just had since coming off the pill was a 32 day cycle. so i am working out this months dates on my cycle being 32 days

I think we should both give it a few months and see what happens with our cycles. I've heard it can take a while for the hormones of the BCP to work out of your system. It may be that your period has now changed...just wait a little longer and see. If it doesn't work itself out in a few months I'd talk to your gyno about it.

I came off the pill in January 07 and had 33 day cycles then after the MC in Maythey seemed to alternate between 30 and 32 days so it can take some time for them to settle

my friend (i want one) has had funny periods since coming off the pills, as much as 52 day long cycles. it can take a while to settle down hun give it a week and see what happens xxx

:hi: Hi Jo Im in warrington too, where about do you live ? Im in Latchford xx

Hiya Lauz :hi: I'm in Great Sankey, i know Tif (Rus is mates with my husband) so i often hear her talking about Ella. Good luck TTC no 2! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->