have u told everyone yet?

bethyb

Expecting our third!!!
Reaction score
when did u start telling people? not sure when to tell, just wondered what u girls have done?

I blurted it out to my family once my mom came home from vacation... We didnt tell hubbies family though because he wanted to wait till after the ultrasound. Now everyone knows

Hey Beth! My DH & I agreed not to tell anyone until I was 3 months. Now... with that being said, I told my mom and older sister of course, 6 people at work and one of my closest friends. I just couldn't help myself! :rofl: Sharing the news is one of the most fun parts. Go for it!! :dance:

i know it is but think i may wait til my scan?

When is your scan scheduled for?

I told close family(parents,grandparents,aunty/uncle) the day I found out and then a week after that I told about 3 or 4 close friends, Im keeping quiet untill I have my scan next Monday the il be shouting it from the roof tops!
X

I annouced after first scan via FACEBOOK! lol

My mum knew before though.

We told our parents and siblings the day we found out (6/9/08), I have recently told my boss and H his, but we plan to tell the rest of the family and friends after our first scan.

Clartylou x

Hi, Most people know now, just tell people when you feel most comfortable as its probably the biggest secret you'll ever have to keep, I havnt told everyone and will anounce it on facebook along with my scan picture next week!

My scan is next wends. :) Ive had two miscarriages since my little boy so ive had three scans already at 5w5d 6w4d and 8w3d and all been wonderful but I guess im still nervous although very excited.
I have only told my bestfriend so far as she knows me so well she guessed as apparently i look different when im preggers :)

I told my DH, mum and dad and 2 of our closest friends! We just had to tell some people - we were about to explode with excitement!!

:dust::dust::dust:

yeah i know that feeling!! my sister in law came round last sunday and told me she is expecting - she is 12 weeks today, and my other sister in law is 19 weeks so we will all be pregnant together and I wanted to scream yeahhhhh me tooo but I didnt I acted all calm :)

Hi

We have only told my closest friend, and my bosses at work ( I do a lot of travelling ( 3-4 hours drives to different places ) and work long hours, so wanted to tell them so i could stop doing manic hours! it is sooooooooooo hard not to tell my sister or my mum! DH and I agreed we would wait till the 12 wk scan on 31st Oct ( also my birthday, so hope is a good b day present)

The idea is, that if we told parents, they would be so excited ( first grandchild on my side) that they would probably tell the world, and if anything happened, we didn't want people asking us how I am doing etc.

On the other hand, if anything does go wrong before the scan, we would probably tell parents anyway, just dont want people buying us baby stuff - not yet, cos couldnt cope if all was not well, and we had clothes and stuff already

I guess it is whatever you feel comfortable doing really - I am so excited, but kinda take a step back, and just tell myself, they will know at 12 weeks, that 28 wks of pampering they can do!

were waiting till our 12 wk scan, parents know but thats all for now, were dying to tell people but it will be worth the wait xxxxxx

My scan is next wends. :) Ive had two miscarriages since my little boy so ive had three scans already at 5w5d 6w4d and 8w3d and all been wonderful but I guess im still nervous although very excited.
I have only told my bestfriend so far as she knows me so well she guessed as apparently i look different when im preggers :)

Aww good luck with your scan hun, isent it weird how your best friend guessed!

Ive only told DH and you guys,

As its my 4th i know my family/friends are going to have a 'what again' attitude so im not really looking forwards to telling them.

I cant wait to tell my kiddies but that will have to wait until im passed 12 weeks.

In the beginning we wanted to wait until the scan... however that didnt last long. Told my mum and my boyfriends parents the day after we found out.

Told my boss the next week, as she wanted me to fly to Barcelona for business and I didnt want to risk it. Also told a colleague who knew I was TTC, and she is also pregnant so it was great to have each others support.

Also told another colleague and my best friend. Thats it until the echo in a few weeks time.

:hug:

Anna, Yeah I think ur right its about how comfortable you feel! Wow scan on your birthday, thats meant to be isnt it!! :)
Cariad (My Oh calls me Cariad :) you must be so excited though having number 4!! Least ur not going to worry about sleepless nights cuz u have it down to a fine art im sure!
I remember reading ur sister is pregnant too.. My Oh has a big family here so I know they are going to be so excited when I tell them as my Oh parents will have three grandchildren next year - one in March one in April and all being well one In May so Im looking forward to telling them the news especially as the know about my miscarriages and how much this babba is wanted!
My best mate says I have a dreamy look to me when I fall - I didnt even have morning sickness when she guessed, it freaked me out she knew me so well!
Well scan is ten days away and im counting!!!!! :)
thanks for replying though ladies, I must think im nosey! And good luck with all ur scans!

I have told friends and family but advoiding ppl I dont see often facebook etc maybe at 12 wks I announce it on fb!

i have avoided people cuz ive looked pretty peaky most of the time and scared people would/will guess

I told my parents the day I found out 'cause I was a bit scared and needed some support.
I then told the rest of my family (2 older brothers and an older sister) about a week later. Had a bit of a falling out with my sister-in-law though as she told my brother (not the one who's her husband) before I'd had the chance...

All is well now though and my family are being great. I've not told anyone else which is really really hard as I'm away at Uni on my own :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->