have u told everyone yet?

I found out I was preggers at 5 weeks, We told our parents. My mother-in-law was so excited and wanted to tell everyone so we gave her permission. She is so excited! I told work at 8 weeks cause it's a small office and I was quite sick. Also for my appointments and whatnot. I have my first scan next week, so I'll put up pics on facebook and offcailly announce it than. Although most of everyone knows anyhow.

we have told everyone except my brother and my mom and dad , honestly i dont want to tell my mom because she can be a b*tch about it , she has never been happy for me during my pregnancies , if she had it her way Id be single and have no kids . I so dread the day she finds out , I know I cant hide it much longer as im huge already .

sorry to be posting here girls. not trying to upset anyone, but when i was pregnant, i told my parents and inlaws at 8 weeks and work&friends at 10 weeks (because i was so sick with morning sickness & migraines). I had a miscarriage a few weeks later. To be quite honest with you, i think if i hadn't have told them early on like i did, they wouldn't have been as supportive to me as they were. when i get my positive test, i won't be keeping it a secret for too long, as i've been waiting too long for this. if i were to miscarry again, i would want the same support that i had last time.

:hug:

we told our parents 2 weeks after we found out - we were going to wait longer but found it too hard. other than that i have told one of my best friends who has just had a baby herself and was the only person who knew we were ttc, but that was only cos i slipped up when talking to her and said something about not drinking so she guessed!

we have our scan on friday and are going out for a friends 30th birthday meal on friday night with all our firends, and lots of them have moved away so coming back for that, so really looking forward to telling all of them there! (fingers crossed everything is ok) i guess everyone will know by the end of the weekend tho cos some other firends are getting married sat so will be at the wedding too!

We told my best friend and his best mate & wife the day we found out (4wks) (had to tell his mate we were going out drinking with them and needed to yell the news at someone so my best friend it was)
both sets of parents 2 weeks later (6wks)
All brothers and sisters (8Wks)
I have had to tell 3 people in work due to lifting and exposure to certain things and thats all
I am dying to tell everyone now but hubby wants us to wait till the scan so 3 weeks to go and the world will know lol

Told SIL at 6 wks as we were going on holiday with them (me not drinking is a real givaway as i liked my pint).
Told dentist/boss/college tutor at 7 1/2 wks - had to with sorting out studies, general health, appointments and all that.
Wanted to hold off telling family till after the scan....but was fed up in hiding my over bloated and expanding belly at 10 weeks so ended up telling familiy then. Would have like to tell close family sooner but they can't keep secrets!! LOL.
claire
x

OMG i blurted it out as soon as i knew i couldnt keep it in! i called my mum the next daya nd she cried then i told my work because i was dealing with an office move at the time so didnt want to be moving heavy boxes or staying too late, then after that OH has just started metioning it down the pub and stuff so in no time it will be around all our friends!

my scan is tomorrow cant wait! will def put pics up on face book then.

x

We told our son first, and both pairs of 'rents this weekend. I also told my one very close friend when I had the first positive. We are waiting for a bit longer to tell the rest of our friends. :)

We told the parents at 7 weeks (we had an early scan) but have only just started telling everyone else now at about 13/14 weeks......people have been amazed at my secret keeping skills but the reactions from people when they find out how far along I am has been brilliant, well worth the agony of keeping the secret for so long!! :rofl:

:hug:

I called my best friend the second I tested positive crying, it was so not planned and a huge shock to me. OH already knew, he's the one that made me take the test! After a week I told my mom and she was soooo upset, then she told the rest of the family even though I told her not to. Grrrrr.
On thursday I told everyone else by putting the scan pic up on facebook.

yeah at the mo im kind of like I know something u dont know!!! :)
Think its very now to announce on fb, i might wait til people are like girl u getting fat!! :rofl:

I told my best mate the day I found out then waited until I had an early dating scan at 9weeks to tell our families. Waited then until I had my scan at 13 weeks to tell work. It is so hard not shouting it from the rooftops when you see that BFP!!x

I have told my mom, two close girlfriends, my supervisor and one co-worker. We are waiting to tell everyone else until after we see a heartbeat.

It is really hard keeping it a secret because we have been going to quite a few parties and weddings lately and I have to believe people notice me only drinking ginger ale all the time!

Our parents knew we were TTC so the day we found out, we told them. We also told OHs sis and my brother.

I told my boss at about 8wks because we've always been very honest with each other and he was due to go on long term sickness so I wanted everything out in the open (at least with him) before he went.

Also told the girls in my office as there's only 4 of us so it was like telling my mates not "work". Quite a lot of other ppl know at work now as we haven't been hiding it, but neither have we been shouting it from the rooftops so it's nice not having to lie or decieve people about it.

Haven't told anyone else.... a bit scared of telling friends and family at the mo in case something does happen (which is weird considering we told people who are nowhere as close as them!), but then, if it does, I'll know we'll get plenty of support from those who do know.

we found out saturday and havent told anyone yet! We are waiting until we have passed the 12 weeks.

Wth first pregnancy we told everyone straight away as we were so excited...but m/c at 11 weeks and it was sooo hard having to tell everyone! So this time we decided to wait....although the support we got last time from friends and family was amazing. It jsut this time we're not quite so excited...it some how feels different. like we dont quite want to beleive its real

so far we've told our parent's, my aunt and uncle who i'm very close to and our bosses at work. Will tell everyone else when we've had the scan and know everything is ok. Keep willing the weeks to go quicker but they are dragging!!

Had the midwife call today though and seeing her a week on Monday so hopefully scan wont be too long after that!

I told everyone at 12 weeks after my ultrasound! Just to make sure everything is ok and it is
:happydance:

Hey Bethy

Have told my parents and 3 people at work but thats it. Waiting until scan x

I've always thought it makes sense to tell the people you would need if you had a miscarriage. Just my parents, my sister, and a few close friends. It's just so exciting and so hard not to tell anyone, especially when you're exhausted and feel kind of yuck most of the time.
My OH on the other hand, well he's told pretty much everyone he could find..all of his friends, all of his co-workers, customers where he works! lol. First baby and he's on cloud 9. I can't fault him for being so excited!

i told everyone the day i found out at 5 weeks haha

told my mam and dad first then bf's parents and grandparents then just told everyone haha

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"