have u told everyone yet?

Im going to wait till im three months this time after my early mc in june.

We haven't told anyone yet. Not sure I'm going to be able to keep quiet for another 7 weeks though. Morning (afternoon and night) sickness is already in full swing and I suspect I'll have a bit of a visible bump by then as I did when I was pregnant with my daughter.

I'm tempted to pay privately to have an early scan in a couple of weeks and if everything is ok to then start telling a few people.

Baci xx

Me and OH haven't discussed this yet, but I am hoping he'll agree to tell our families after we go for our early scan on Monday at 7wk1d. I think once he sees the heartbeat he'll be onboard! Or at least I'm hoping, it's going to be hard not to show everyone the ultrasound picture :happydance:

Hi gals, thought I'd add to this great thread! I got my BFP at 4w5d I believe (I'm not so good at counting!) I was ready to tell everyone right that moment (5:30 in the morning!) but had to hold off because most of my family was out of town. Then, told immediate family on both my side and DH's side at around 5w3d. We then told our pod of close friends a few days later.

I would love to pick your brains gals... I'm worried about having a MC (isn't that just the biggest boogeyman for all PG ladies??) so I'm not telling any coworkers, extended family or other ppl who I wouldn't want to deal w/, should I have a MC. I'm waiting until I'm past first tri... but I'm just basing that decision on vague "wives' tales" kinda information. What are the actual facts on when it's "safe" to say that the baby's healthy and will be past the danger zone of MC? How does a scan tell you whether or not the baby is past the danger? (ie If you do a scan early, could it miss further developments later on that MAY show possibilities of a MC?)

SOOO sorry if this has brought any doom and gloom to this cheerful thread! I just sooo want to tell more people earlier, if at all possible!

I'm telling my boss next Tuesday because we get time off for dr's appointments etc. and so I need to tell her why I need them, and because my moodswings and nausea are really awful so I figured it's only fair to give her a heads up.

We weren't planning on telling anyone til after 12 week scan but I think people might guess around November when they start visiting and when I'm not drinking at my hen do etc. so I guess it'll be just a case of judging when the time is 'right'.

CloudyDay, don't worry too much about miscarrying. Stress can actually make it happen. And as far as I know, there isn't any way to tell if you will miscarry other than a past history of it happening to you. Also, there isn't really a 'safe point'. I have known women who have lost babies as late as 5 months, it doesn't happen often, but it can. Usually miscarriages happen in the first tri though, so that's why people wait until around 12 weeks to tell everyone. But I'm no good at keeping secrets like that so I told right away too.

Thanks amelia, a fellow maple leafer! :) As the weeks go on and my little macaroni's still there, I feel less and less worried. Can't wait 'til I get to hear the little bean's heartbeat, then this will REALLY feel real!

We told everyone at 12 weeks im glad we waited but it felt like forever and ever!!!:happydance:

Well we told both parents when we found out at 4 weeks, a couple close friends, then FIL announced it at karate even though he was asked not to. So now the whole world know.

cloudyday, ive had two miscarriages and i was told once you see a heartbeat the chance of miscarrying is greatly reduced, the major downlaying of ur baby happens in the first 12 weeks and this is why we all will be chuffed once we have reached that point :) I have had early scans becuase of my history and was told at 8 weeks if a fetal heartbesat is seen there is a 98.5 % chance u will have a succesful pregnancy and at nine weeks it rises to 99 % I lost my baby angels at just short of seven weeks so this time im getting excited!!!! even if u do miscarry once or even twice you can go on to have a healthy pregnancy, my scan is on wends so wish me luck ladies!!!! Im going to tell my OH parents then! lovely to read all ur stories!
Enjoy your pregnancies and enjoy spilling the beans - it may only happen to you once so enjoy every minute!!

We told our best friend this weekend as she came to stay with us, we had to tell someone and she is a midwife!
We hope to give our families the good news next Thursday after the scan but won't be telling work or other friends until just before Christmas. We had an ectopic pregnancy and I lost a tube this time last year and so are a little jittery about beanie making it to the right spot

:hug:

aww suze bless ya :) exciting though too isnt it!

We had to tell people early as they thought I might have been having an ectopic pregnancy (thankfully everything has turned out for now) but I had to have 3 appointments with the doctor in one week and it wasnt easy making excuses from work, so therefore I was going to have to let them know and that was about 6.5 weeks. We live in a small town so If i told work and not my family they would have probaby have found out from someone else and I certainly didnt want that.....also my sister works as reception in our medical centre so as soon as my first midwife appointment came around she was going to know anyways! I was also so excited I couldnt keep it in!!

We have only told our parents and I had to tell the partners at work as I am a vet nurse so health and safety is an issue. I am waiting two more weeks before telling everyone when I am just past 12 weeks. Fingers crossed I make it that far.

Hi Ladies! Newbie here...I just got my :bfp: this morning. I'm 4 weeks, 2 days today. I too am wondering when to tell. This is my 3rd pregnancy (lost the first one at 7 weeks) then delivered a very healthy boy the 2nd time around. So I do worry about m/c again. Here is the situation, I live 2-2.5 hours from my family and I'm going to go see them in 2 weeks, I feel its way to early to tell and so does DH but then I wont see them again until Christmas and I really don't think I can keep quiet that long! :rofl: And also I would have a belly by then, my mom would be so mad if she saw and knew I didn't tell her. I just don't want to tell them over the phone you know? So I don't know when I will share my news...any advice?? Greatly appreciated as I've been wracking my brain all day trying to come up with a solution.

cloudyday, ive had two miscarriages and i was told once you see a heartbeat the chance of miscarrying is greatly reduced, the major downlaying of ur baby happens in the first 12 weeks and this is why we all will be chuffed once we have reached that point :) I have had early scans becuase of my history and was told at 8 weeks if a fetal heartbesat is seen there is a 98.5 % chance u will have a succesful pregnancy and at nine weeks it rises to 99 % I lost my baby angels at just short of seven weeks so this time im getting excited!!!! even if u do miscarry once or even twice you can go on to have a healthy pregnancy, my scan is on wends so wish me luck ladies!!!! Im going to tell my OH parents then! lovely to read all ur stories!
Enjoy your pregnancies and enjoy spilling the beans - it may only happen to you once so enjoy every minute!!

bethyb, thanks so much for sharing your story with me. It's really helping me to get a clearer picture of what should happen in the coming weeks. It's all starting to get clearer now! I've been so busy working that I haven't had time to sit down and do more research.

I really hope you have a great experience on Wednesday!

Hey 1cre8tivgrl...I told my family right away as I just couldn't keep it a secret. But I just think you should tell the people you'd tell if you did miscarry. I have a feeling you won't be able to keep it quiet when you see them...it's too exciting not to tell! lol.

My 8 year old daughter told some of my friends at work, so we told family too. My husband did not tell his work yet though because he is afraid of a miscarriage (we had one between the births of our 2 daughters).

I would say to do what feels right to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->