Have You Considered This?

As long as we get Grandchildren it doesn't bother me. LOL!
I just want my children to be happy, however it comes.

Aslong as Jacob's happy i'm happy. I hope that as he gets older he will be able to confide in me about things he's worried about. I wouldn't careless if he was gay or straight or bi. Whatever floats his boat will be totally cool with us :).

I literally have no problem whatsover whether she ends up gay or straight, its not something I've even thought about until now!

It wouldn't bother me at all - as long as she's happy.

Wouldn't bother me. I think my DH might take longer to get it straight in his head but he'd still love and support her unconditionally.

i love my children unconditionally. my love for them wouldnt change if they were to tell me they were gay x

I can't say that I would just brush it off and not think anything about it, it would probably take a little time to get used to it, but I would support my children whatever they decided to do. My OH has a lot of gay people in his family (his sister and 2 cousins) and I also have a gay cousin and my grandma has admitted to being bisexual.

OH's dad doesn't speak to his daughter since she told him, although I think there was more to it than just finding out she was gay (I think the fact that she got drunk and announced it to all his staff on their xmas do) but I would never let it effect my relationship with my children, I will be there to support them.

Reading all the positive responses to this thread makes me very happy. My dad is gay and lives with his partner of many years. I will try to ensure my son grows up knowing that whether you love men or women or both the most important thing is to treat them well and be respectful. I would never ever ever dream of teaching intolerance to my children, whether it's sexuality, race, beliefs, or disabilities.

Yep definitely always had this in mind (especially when people say, "Wait until he gets interested in girls", I'm like, well he probably will but you never know! But maybe that's because I live in Amsterdam :winkwink:)

He will most probably be straight, statistically speaking, but whether he is straight or gay it won't make any difference to us.

I'm also pleased with the positive responses. I didn't mean to make it out like we should be treating our children any differently or that there should be a difference...only thinking ahead to prepare mentally for the potential of what some in society deem unacceptable (which is a sad reality to me).

If my son wanted to be a ninja-kangaroo (which DH and I have jokingly suspected from birth and are still awaiting blood test results)...I would love and support him regardless as long as it made him happy.

I would be more than open + happy to welcome him as he was and any future "son in law" :)

As long as we get Grandchildren it doesn't bother me. LOL!
I just want my children to be happy, however it comes.

:rofl: I hadn't ever thought of grandchildren!?

I would love and support my child if they were lesbian or gay. Or even straight for that matter. :winkwink: And I am glad to see so many positive responses on here.

I think most people who have been around gays or lesbians know it's not a lifestyle choice. The sooner everyone realises this the sooner society can get over homophobia.

But I'd never thought about the grandchildren thing!?! :haha:

it wouldnt bother me in the slightest... I would love my daughter & support her no matter what xx

I would love my child no matter what and accept them for whichever gender they choose to be with. The most important thing is that they are happy.

Have thought about it, and couldn't care less :)

I have been so hurt by my ex husband that my one wish for LO is that she is happy in life and find a partner who loves her and honors her. I don't care what gender they are.

I want Evie to be happy regardless of sexual preference :)

I've experienced first hand how hard it can be as my best friend is gay and his teenage years were awful for him at school and at home as his dad is very homophobic :(

If evie were to tell be she is gay then I have no problem and will love her no matter what.

As long as she is happy then so am i

I think there are great generational differences.

If my dad had gone home and told his parents that he was gay - they would have disowned him.

If I'd gone home and told my parents that I was gay, they wouldn't haven't been overly happy- but they would accept it.

If my LO comes home and tells me she's gay - it wouldn't make a jot of difference to me.

I love my child unconditionally (and he/she isn't even here yet :haha:). Being gay/straight/bi doesn't bother me as long as he/she is happy!

It wouldn't bother me if any of my boys came home and told me they were gay I'd live them just as much. My brother in law and quite a few of my friends are gay and I attend pride every year but it will be good to know that when I'm older I'l have someone to go shopping with :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->