Have You Considered This?

It won't matter to me at all as long as he is safe and happy and treats his partner with respect whatever their gender :)
I would be gutted at having no grandchildren though.

i have a good friend and we always joke about being gay men in women's bodies (although seh wins hands down on the camp showtunes). But she always jokes that if she had kids and a son she'd be really upset if he wasn't gay. :rofl: And although she's joking, I know she'd be pretty chuffed if he was. :haha::blush:

Your friend sounds like me :blush:

I'm also pleased with the positive responses. I didn't mean to make it out like we should be treating our children any differently or that there should be a difference...only thinking ahead to prepare mentally for the potential of what some in society deem unacceptable (which is a sad reality to me).

If my son wanted to be a ninja-kangaroo (which DH and I have jokingly suspected from birth and are still awaiting blood test results)...I would love and support him regardless as long as it made him happy.

i think i may need to ge those bloodtests done on nicole too :haha:

I want Jayden to feel he can tell me anything, so somewhere along the line i might have a chitchat with him about girlfriends/boyfriends.
I wouldn't be shocked, i don't have a problem with anybody whether they are gay/straight/bi-sexual, as long as he is happy so am i x

I would send her off to talk to her Uncle David and Uncle Grant. I'm sure they'd have plenty of advice for her:thumbup:

I would encourage my son to be his authentic self and love him every bit as much. I am really pleased that he has a pair of loving and committed gay aunties that are very close to us (and him) - so hopefully he will grow up to see this as a natural way of being and not something to be ashamed of. I have already thought of how we will discuss his aunties with him - how they love each other like mommy and daddy do and just like mommy and daddy have chosen to be special partners with each other :flower:

I am glad that through his aunts we have an easy way to teach him not to be prejudiced against other peoples love and lifestyle choices.

This thread made me smile :)

If my daughter is gay, it won't make any difference to me. She is being raised to believe that you are what you are - she spends time around people of every walk of life. I like the fact that a lot of the children who are of similar ages to her have a good view about gay people.

BTW, your child being gay DOES NOT mean you won't have grandkids :winkwink:

If my daughter is gay, it won't make any difference to me. She is being raised to believe that you are what you are - she spends time around people of every walk of life. I like the fact that a lot of the children who are of similar ages to her have a good view about gay people.

Exactly, look at FOB's mum, she's got a grandkid and he's gay :lol:

As long as my children practice safe sex thru out their life and respect their oh I couldn't care less.

I (and oh) created them.

Xxx

P.s congrats tegans mum x

Look at mine and OH's mums! We are the first to have kids in our family and everyone else is straight :rofl:

It wouldn't bother me and I would like to think I would have a good enough relationship with my son for him to be able to feel he can talk to me, or even not feel the need to "come out".

I know DH would struggle though.

Look at mine and OH's mums! We are the first to have kids in our family and everyone else is straight :rofl:

Love it!

my best friend is gay so i can honestly say i wouldnt mind at all if leyla or naomie were gay, although she has jokingly said to me that she is gna make sure they are both lesbians and i told her she better not :haha:

i really wouldnt mind either way though

x

That would be her choice - I dont even label myself, I love the person, not the gender that they are, be it boy or girl! :shrug:

My husband and I have discussed this, and while I know I would never have a problem with it, my OH has said he would feel like he failed (genetically) but he would be completely accepting and supportive. I can't fault him for that and he may feel differently if put in the situation. My little guy is going to have them falling at his feet whichever way his path takes him though :) (I'm not at all biased LOL) My FIL thought my OH was gay for most of his life, he was a drama kid, stopped playing hockey when hitting was introduced, and has always been very sensitive - he tells him now that he was just joking about it, but my OH is pretty sure deep down he really did think he was.

I just hope that he never feels like he has to hide anything from us, because I think it's very important to be completely true to yourself and you can't do that if you aren't able to talk to the people closest to you about things like that.

Yes I have considered it, and no I wouldn't be bothered by what Ruby's sexuality may be.

My mum has been with a wonderful female partner since I was 9 years old though so I am hardly likely make an issue of it.

My mum however, did once say she was glad I wasn't gay, because it is 'easier' to be straight. However she is 30 years older than me and things obviously weren't straightforward for her growing up.

Oh and I'm loving everyones attitude here so far, shows how far we have come.

OH and I have discussed this and in all truthelness we wouldnt be extactic about it but we would be supportive, its their life and they have to live it their way.
I will always love my boy with all my heart along with any other children we may have and it would never change the way I felt about him.
I just hope I can bring him up to be open with me and be able to talk to me and his father about anything.

I also agree - how refreshing and positive this thread has been so far :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->