Have you had/will you have the flu jab?

I am declining it. I am not keen on any vaccinations during pregnancy, I have a strong immune system and the likelihood of me catching flu is very low, so for me the risks of vaccination outweigh the benefits.

My DH, my 22 month old daughter and I all got the flu shot in October. No issues for any of us. I was vaccinated during my pregnancy with my DD too. I got the flu when I was 18 and it was horrible. Took me almost 3 weeks to recover (even though I was a healthy 18 year old) and I wouldn't wish that pain and suffering on anyone. Once you've actually had the flu you will always get the vaccination to avoid going through that.

I would and I did when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have it every year because I'm asthmatic (and I've been in hospital enough times with pneumonia in my life that I wouldn't want that to happen when I was pregnant, so it was an easy decision for me). There is actually some research that came out a couple years ago that shows a correlation between getting flu in pregnancy and autism, so that women who got the jab tended to have significantly lower risk of having a child with autism (it has to do with the risk of high fever in pregnancy, which seems to cause neurological changes in baby, which can go on to cause developmental issues). In all the years I've gotten mine though, I never had a bad reaction once (maybe a bit of soreness in my arm for a day?). I did have the flu last year though because last year's version wasn't very effective because it missed out on a few key strains and it was pure hell. Something I wouldn't wish on anyone, especially being pregnant.

I had it two appointments ago at 14 weeks. I didn't feel any effects, but I know that some people do. I think it's just a toss up on if you're going to feel sick or not. I've never had it before and I probably won't again, but I did it because it was doctor recommended. But even if you get it, there's no guarantee that it'll be effective, because they manufacture the vaccine based on what they think the strain will be in the coming year. If the strain is different, the vaccine isn't effective. So its completely up to you.

Had it all three times no issues. And the whooping cough jab last pregnancy. No problems.

I don't get yearly vaccinations; being pregnant doesn't change that for me x

We have to have flu jabs anyway because of my disabled mum as she kind of goes into lockdown after a certain point in the year. So having it while I was pregnant was a no brainer for me.

I had mine two weeks ago and I had a slight ache in my arm and felt a little bit stuffy that night, but nothing since that day.

I had mine Friday gone and no issues at all 😄

Had it with my first pregnancy and went into premature labor twice, has him at 36 weeks. Not saying that it was the flu shot but didnt get the shot with this pregnancy and im doing great. Do what you think is best for you and your baby.

I declined to have the flu jab - I've never had the flu jab(even though I'm in a risk category being an asthmatic) and I've never had the flu before. I will however be getting the whooping cough vaccine though(which I wasn't offered with my last pregnancy)

Yes. My fourth pregnancy, I had mine a month ago. No issues but a sore bump where the needle went in.

I had the flu at 21 weeks with my second baby. I was so ill. Ended up in hospital for two weeks. Never want to feel that way again. My body (normally a fit and well person)couldn't fight it. I was hallucinating. The temperature was horrific. High temperatures for a long time csn cause uterine contractions. I was transferred because of the risk of going into labour. I was so ill I didn't care when they told me that there wouldn't be much they could do if they couldn't stop the bsby coming.

I had so many drugs pumped into me. And whilst everything turned out ok In the end I had a severe gut wrenching headache for 6 weeks and it took me two months to fully recover.

The flu vaccine last year was pretty ineffective. They targeted the wrong strain. Having learnt from that the vaccine protects against multiple strains this year.

If ou have doubts over vaccines in general try to review proper research and journals.x

I've never had the flu and up to this year I'd never had a flu jab, but my midwife recommended I get it so I did. I get a letter off my gp every year saying I'm entitled to a free flu jab but I'm not sure why :shrug:

My employer offers them for free and bupa come to the office to do them so it was easy enough for me to just get it. I wasn't ill at all after.

I'll be getting the whooping cough vaccine too. My nephew whopping cough over the summer at 4 weeks old and it was awful.

My OB told me not to get it that he doesn't quite trust the risks during pregnancy so I'll pass. I never took in my other pregnancies either and never caught the flu

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->